Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | True Speed Test........?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

4 days and counting (for upgrade)

Old 09-02-2006, 14:04   #1
plexgod
Inactive

plexgod is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face 4 days and counting (for upgrade)

Last month i decided to go down to 1mb from 10 meg. phone CS and within 2 minutes i was back on 1mb.

then a week later i realised i couldnt live with out my 10mb so called them back , to ask if i could go back up to 10mb. they said not until the end of the billing cycle, and if i called back after 5th feb they could upgrade me. fine i thought, no probs.

so on the 5th i rang up and they saud yes , thats you on 10mb , it should take effect in the next 24 hours. 24 hours later, i'm still on 1mb,

so i call back on Tuesday. they say , yes your account is on 10mb, but i'll send the update again , and you will get it within 24 hours. 24 hours later I am still on 1mb,

so on wednesday I call back. they say, well everything shows you as 10mb from here, i'll give you the number for broadband support. I call them and get thrugh to an indian chap, who says that my account is still on 1mb. he says he has now upgraded me and I am defnitely on 10mb.. you guessed it - wait 24 hours and you should get it. So i wait another 24 hours

and yes, still on 1mb, so i call tech support back today and they say "I'll put you through to customer services to do that" I say "wait hang on there, they passed me through to you because they couldnt get it upgraded" so i hang on the line for 10 minutes and the manager comes on and tells me that I have deifinitely got the 10mb package and i just need to wait another 24 hours!!!! I'm not hopeful at all

why did the downgrade work immediate;y, yet i cant get the upgrade agfter 4 days?
plexgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2006, 14:06   #2
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
Re: 4 days and counting (for upgrade)

go to the modem page http://192.168.100.1 user and password are both ROOT and then check what the operational config looks like.

if its 1024000 then you still are on the 1meg
if its 10240000 then you should be on the 10 meg.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 14:09   #3
plexgod
Inactive

already done that mate, which is why i said I'm still on 1 meg
Old 09-02-2006, 14:31   #4
obscura2k
Inactive

obscura2k is an unknown quantity at this point

leave modem unplugged for a few hours, then slap it back on without being plugged into a router if you are, see if you get 10mb
obscura2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 14:35   #5
plexgod
Inactive

ok, will give it a try . thanks
Old 09-02-2006, 15:20   #6
BarFly
Inactive

BarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to BarFly

send me some info via PM & il sort it out for you....should take 2 secs to sort out...
BarFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 16:08   #7
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarFly
send me some info via PM & il sort it out for you....should take 2 secs to sort out...
Always a good idea to confirm, if you are not sure, that fourm members are ntl associates before sending them such detail. In this instance I can confirm Barfly does work for ntl
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 16:16   #8
plexgod
Inactive

yeay cheers rob, i did check things out before replying. BarFly has now sorted me out. cheers mate!
Old 09-02-2006, 21:40   #9
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Service Level Change Limit....

(just in case you are wondering what the big problem was)

Accounts are limited to either 1/2 changes in service level per billing cycle, hence as you had changed speed already, it may have been preventing you from changing speed again. There is a way to get round this though, which is, I presume, what BarFly has done.... nice one
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 00:01   #10
plexgod
Inactive

yeah but it was a bit strange how they said the billing cycle was ok and that the upgrade had been done, 4 days in a row. not to worry though, all sorted now thanks to BarFly