Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

Old 24-04-2012, 22:30   #31
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age
Re: Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I back the General's view on this. You are VM Staff - so you're not even likely to have to suffer at the hands of the offshore agents - I might be wrong but that's how it seems to me.

Also you make no mention of the prior skills and competencies that are required from the offshore agents before they are hired. It seems to me that the UK agents have more network knowledge than the offshore agents.

Unless VM people can come up with an explanation from their side as to why the offshore call centre is so unpopular with its customers, then they would be wiser to keep quiet (and answer my question about hiring criteria).
A long time ago I used to be on 2nd line, I took calls from India, so take the experience you have and times that by thirty times a day for about 9 months.

There are poor agents in India as in the UK, but they are trained the same and the requirements for call centre staff in India are far higher than the UK.

I've spoken to agents who struggle to follow a process because they simply don't understand the process, but when questioned on a technical subject they run circles around me, (not hard I hear you cry).

They are unpopular because they are unpopular. The amount of people who don't like them is based on other people building this wall for them to break down before a customer will even listen to them.

Like it or not, the customers who complete feedback and we see the raw data from the feeds, rate the Indians very highly overall.

Personally, its UK agents all the way for me, for the sake of jobs at home.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2012, 22:54   #32
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I back the General's view on this. You are VM Staff - so you're not even likely to have to suffer at the hands of the offshore agents - I might be wrong but that's how it seems to me.

Also you make no mention of the prior skills and competencies that are required from the offshore agents before they are hired. It seems to me that the UK agents have more network knowledge than the offshore agents.

Unless VM people can come up with an explanation from their side as to why the offshore call centre is so unpopular with its customers, then they would be wiser to keep quiet (and answer my question about hiring criteria).
Sheila Burgess said in one of the meeting during the discussions over the closure of the Albert Dock that Virgin Media could not envisage a time that they would get rid of offshore call centres.

Now that was from someone quite high up the chain of command and they obviously have not learned from companies such as Santander who brought back their call centres from offshore because of the outcry from their customers.

Now this has secured 500 plus jobs within the UK and made many Santander customers myself included very happy.

I have spoken to Virgin Media offshore agents as a customer and have had both good and bad experiences from them.

When I worked as a 1st line agent my eyes were opened as to how bad many of the offshore agents were and the many times we had to resolve the issues they caused, sometimes they just outright lied in the notes about what they had done on the account and in many cases they never even entered an account which meant no traces of them could be found and they just blatantly lied to the customer which is why you see posts talking about reboots or the modem being switched off and still the offshore agent acted as if they could see the device with their online tools.

I know that the are a few agents who have been with the company a long time but they are few and far between but customers have no faith in them because of their colleagues.

Also those little questionnaires people receive known as NPS the company always posted the results and in every single category offshore beat the UK call centres hands down and always by a significant margin, which goes to show how stupid the upper management actually are because without a doubt these figures are massaged and I would go as far as to state they are fake but they still produce them and so not think to make them look more competitive.

Any member of Virgin Media staff that cares to refute this knows that they are just covering up for a management that is hiding the truth from its investors because offshore costs a lot less than any uk call centre.

You may have noticed that I have only called them offshore that is because they have Indian, South African and Philippines call centres all offering a similar level of performance, listen to the accent next time you get an offshore agent.

If you want rid of offshore complain loudly and often and possibly like Santander they may eventually listen.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 22:56   #33
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:

I refuse to speak to India, last time I had a speed issue and I said I can't stream I player, they said they don't support I player, I said yes you do then they transferred me to tv faults
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 00:01   #34
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
No need to be rude about the agents in India they are not gimps, all agents recieve the smae training however the UK staff you'll find have prob been in the job longer and there isn't the issue with the language barrier.
Look, if you had the issues I have had and even been LIED to on numerous occasions by India, then I will slag them off. They do not deserve an ounce of respect from me as they are incapable of doing the job properly. You only need to look at the subseqent replies backing my opinion to see that I am not the only one thinking this way.

Maybe if you were able to see the pages and pages of notes in my file dating back nearly 3 years then you would be able to understand my lack of humility towards them. Indian call centres CAN be good, if given proper training. DELL are a shining example of how to do offshore the right way, as their customer service is second to none.
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 08:46   #35
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
Look, if you had the issues I have had and even been LIED to on numerous occasions by India, then I will slag them off. They do not deserve an ounce of respect from me as they are incapable of doing the job properly. You only need to look at the subseqent replies backing my opinion to see that I am not the only one thinking this way.

Maybe if you were able to see the pages and pages of notes in my file dating back nearly 3 years then you would be able to understand my lack of humility towards them. Indian call centres CAN be good, if given proper training. DELL are a shining example of how to do offshore the right way, as their customer service is second to none.
No one is questioning your poor experience, if I were here to represent VM I would be apologising and offering to review your account with the motivate of offering you something as an apology.

It just seems unfair for you to group a whole group of people together and insult them, based on a few and yes, even though you've called up 50 times, that's only a small percent of the agents total.

No excuses, the service you have received sounds terrible and if you feel you have been mistreated, I would complain.

---------- Post added at 07:42 ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
I refuse to speak to India, last time I had a speed issue and I said I can't stream I player, they said they don't support I player, I said yes you do then they transferred me to tv faults
Technically they don't, they support VM Player and your connection, but I player isn't a supported application.

---------- Post added at 07:46 ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post

Also those little questionnaires people receive known as NPS the company always posted the results and in every single category offshore beat the UK call centres hands down and always by a significant margin, which goes to show how stupid the upper management actually are because without a doubt these figures are massaged and I would go as far as to state they are fake but they still produce them and so not think to make them look more competitive.

Any member of Virgin Media staff that cares to refute this knows that they are just covering up for a management that is hiding the truth from its investors because offshore costs a lot less than any uk call centre.

That's just not true. I'm not basing my opinion on what I'm being told, I'm looking at the customers "opinions", if you want to suggest the customers are lying then fine, I can't question that, but I'm not.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 09:55   #36
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

I think part of the truth of my assertion lies in the degree of freedom that Peter now has as compared with his days as a VM agent.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 10:10   #37
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
It just seems unfair for you to group a whole group of people together and insult them, based on a few and yes, even though you've called up 50 times, that's only a small percent of the agents total.
I'll admit I've never called India (I prefer the forum for faults and retentions for complaints) so can't comment on their abilities but if someone has called 50 times and hasn't got a good word to say about them I'd suggest that that's not a bad number of samples to base a judgement on.

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 ----------

Quote:
I think part of the truth of my assertion lies in the degree of freedom that Peter now has as compared with his days as a VM agent.
Please don't tell me he's finally admitted that the Superhub may have some issues.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 10:27   #38
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

On the occasions that I've had to call Virgin Media with problems, and I've had an offshore call centre, the issues have been resolved satisfactorily, both with faults or changes to my services

One can encounter difficulties with accents, but then as a southerner, sometime a Scottish or other northern accent it it's strong can throw you.

I suspect the greatest difficulty and frustration is that offshore will adhere quite rigidly to any procedure scripts shown on their screen, whereas a UK agent might be willing to deviate especially if the customer can offer some fault diagnosis of their own. But you can't really criticise someone who follows procedure.

Of course there are too many times when things don't go to plan. We've seen plenty of examples of that over the years on Cable Forum. But for all the posts over which call centre customers speak to, it isn't that clear, at least on here, whether UK or offshore centres actually do have a higher failed resolution rate, or if it is just a perception.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 13:29   #39
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

We are truly criticising VM because their concept of customer service/experience, in the face of objections, is to make the off-shore agents stick rigidly to the script. It shows that these agents do not have sufficient depth of knowledge and that refelects badly on VM.

Old 25-04-2012, 15:50   #40
Milambar
Inactive

Milambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect that its not VM who are making them stick ridigly to their script, but the company that directly employs them. IE. the call center. Unless ofc the call centers are directly owned by VM.

My main objection to the offshore call centers, is quite simply that I can hardly understand a word they say due their accents. Their accents coupled with my hearing difficulties does not make for an overly pleasant experience.
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 15:57   #41
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
funny you should say that because I was going to say exactly the same thing this morning. We all took the pee out of Peter and Ben before because they were always praising VM, the shub and singing the same tune and it is funny now that Peter has left he has changed his tune.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 15:59   #42
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
funny you should say that because I was going to say exactly the same thing this morning. We all took the pee out of Peter and Ben before because they were always praising VM, the shub and singing the same tune and it is funny now that Peter has left he has changed his tune.
Mon General

I dodn't get the sense that Peter is particularly critical of the SH. But then I don't read everything on here.

Old 25-04-2012, 18:44   #43
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post

That's just not true. I'm not basing my opinion on what I'm being told, I'm looking at the customers "opinions", if you want to suggest the customers are lying then fine, I can't question that, but I'm not.
I do not believe for one nano second that India or any of the offshore locations could ever have beaten any UK based agent without the figures being massaged and everyone I spoke to at the Albert Dock said exactly the same.

The only way they could have got such great scores would be if they were faked by the company, I saw accounts where the Indian agent had stated that he had checked the online tools and got the customer to reboot the modem saw a valid ip and therefore they were now online, all in a call lasting 20 seconds or so which you could see in the footsteps screen, and I am not talking about a single instance here but multiple accounts and multiple users.

You can continue to believe those NPS are real and to be honest as you are working for Virgin Media the is nothing else you could say due to the confidentiality agreement you have signed with regards to posting business sensitive material online.

If offshore are so good why did the likes of Santander bring its call centres back to the UK, that is easy because the customers wanted it to happen as per this link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...tion-woes.html

Quote:
Santander UK’s chief executive, Ana Patricia Botin, has acknowledged that customers want to speak to someone who understands their problem. “This is what our customers have told us is the most important factor in terms of the satisfaction with the bank, and we have listened to them and decided to bring all of our retail call centres back from India,” she said.

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I am happy with the performance of my own Superhub and consistently get around 32Mb wired, my gripe is with the company buying committee built equipment where looks outweigh performance and this includes both the VMNG300 and the Superhub.

The Superhub wireless does cover my property but I do not get the speeds that I do from my Edimax router which provides the same coverage but with faster wireless speeds and this can only be due to those rather small antenna that are fitted internally at the back of the device.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 19:43   #44
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Peter you are my new best friend
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 20:04   #45
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

nopanic you missed my feedback then

I filled in one of those forms and whilst I didnt complain about the way offshore dealt with my query I did complain that I couldnt understand them and had to keep asking them to repeat what they saying.
The 2nd bad call I didnt do a form I just went to the CEO office instead since I didnt get any feedback to the original VM form, after the muppet in india deactivated my vmng300 without my permission.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote