Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

Old 25-04-2012, 17:57   #31
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Several areas have had a downstream only upgrade, be good to know those who have been fully upgraded, downstream and upstream.
Yes i am looking forward to another upstream and 8 downstream channels to see if it improves jitter.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-04-2012, 19:10   #32
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

You won't get 8 downstreams unless load requires it. My area was upgraded with 4.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 21:29   #33
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
You won't get 8 downstreams unless load requires it. My area was upgraded with 4.
will all areas be getting 2 (or more) bonded upstreams?
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 21:48   #34
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:

i dont understand why they dont enable 8 channels for all areas and (I cant believe I am going to say this) give everyone a shub to load balance across all 8 channels regardless of tier. I imagine it would reduce network congestion enormously, at least half I would guess.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 21:49   #35
chumley
Inactive

chumley is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Cambridge CB24 up and running on 60mbit with 3mbit upload.

not yet for me in CB24 even with a modem reboot

Bob
chumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 22:00   #36
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley View Post
not yet for me in CB24 even with a modem reboot

Bob
Check your 'My Virgin Media' to see if it says your area has been upgraded then it won't be long.

My modem rebooted by itself at around midnight and the message on My Virgin Media said i was up and running several hours before i actually was.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 22:18   #37
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
sad to hear VM havent learnt from past mistakes.

f the new line cards are in and paid for whats the cost involved in simply turning the channels on?
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 23:15   #38
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
i dont understand why they dont enable 8 channels for all areas and (I cant believe I am going to say this) give everyone a shub to load balance across all 8 channels regardless of tier. I imagine it would reduce network congestion enormously, at least half I would guess.
Their £6Bn overdraft may have something to do with it...
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 23:15   #39
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

Hemel Hempstead area 31 has doubled download, but not upload. I have a VMNG300 modem with config now saying downstream max 111000000 bps and upstream as it was before at 5120000 bps. Are we supposed to be getting a 10:1 download/upload ratio as part of this upgrade?

JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 23:19   #40
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes but the upload will get the upgrade at a later that the download it seems
Old 25-04-2012, 23:38   #41
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
huh?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 23:52   #42
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

VM have £5,779 million of long-term debt (not really an overdraft....).

For comparison, RWE Group (parent group of npower) has debts of 30 billion Euros,
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 00:44   #43
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

In short, nobody actually has any money, its all just debt secured on other debt. Thats why the worlds economy is so screwed, everyone was operating on long term IOU's and one (particularly nasty) end of the chain went bad and the debt was called in, which triggered the entire chain of debt to collapse.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 01:10   #44
Daveoc64
cf.addict

Services: Freeview Play, Virgin Media Gig1
Daveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
VM have £5,779 million of long-term debt (not really an overdraft....).

For comparison, RWE Group (parent group of npower) has debts of 30 billion Euros,
Ignoring the debate about what "debt" means, it would still cost them more money than they think they need to spend.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 05:20   #45
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
It's still cheaper and more effective than a node split though.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote