Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

Old 13-04-2012, 09:34   #31
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

Correct. I recently noticed that my current package is £3.56 more expensive than the same services would be under the new "collections"pricing. My recent price rise was £3.70. Would anybody really stand for a price increase when they knew they could wipe out the majority of it by changing the price structure applicable to the same services? Only a fool, easily parted with his money, surely?
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2012, 19:28   #32
kenorb4000
Inactive

kenorb4000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDavies View Post
If anyone on here works for Virgin then I would dearly like to become their "new best friend!" Would love a code or recomendation or whatever if anyone feeling generous. Thanks.
Bloody hell JD! Haven't you even got the nous to write your own plea rather than copy and paste mine from AV forums?
kenorb4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 19:33   #33
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

The new mates rates is only £15 discount, pretty crap
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 19:47   #34
JDavies
Inactive

JDavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Apologies - sorry.

Please accept my sincere apology.
It has been a long day.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenorb4000 View Post
Bloody hell JD! Haven't you even got the nous to write your own plea rather than copy and paste mine from AV forums?
JDavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 20:45   #35
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
you sure?

I must have miss read it then as that definitely doesn't sound right.
Old 13-04-2012, 21:10   #36
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

I understood from another forum that it is now £43.01, apparently a discount on £76.96.

MrB
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 21:46   #37
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
you sure?
Yeah he's right. Plus 25% off mobile.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 22:34   #38
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Crap would be £0 discount off the normal price, can't really complain that Virgin are still offering something
Old 13-04-2012, 23:16   #39
MrB
cf.addict

Has it changed again since March? So isn't it still a £33.95 discount?

http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2175

New customers can get 6 months half price, £140 cashback on Quidco/Topcashback etc.

MrB
Old 13-04-2012, 23:30   #40
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes a new offer was released at the same time as the Collections
Old 14-04-2012, 08:42   #41
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Crap would be £0 discount off the normal price, can't really complain that Virgin are still offering something
It's crap because you don't get 6 months free either. you get a better discount signing up online via quidco. This is what I will be reccomeding my mates to do
Old 14-04-2012, 16:16   #42
MrB
cf.addict

So with the change how will this affect those on the old triple XL based Mates Rates? Does the new deal compare well in trrms of services? Our price went up £3.50 which was annoying - how long will this package last? It was supposed to be at least 18 months/as long as my mate works there?

MrB
Old 14-04-2012, 16:48   #43
jb66
cf.mega poster

Folk can remain on the old mates rates, its £2 more expensive and you only get basic phoneline
Old 14-04-2012, 17:36   #44
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
So with the change how will this affect those on the old triple XL based Mates Rates? Does the new deal compare well in trrms of services? Our price went up £3.50 which was annoying - how long will this package last? It was supposed to be at least 18 months/as long as my mate works there?
Mates Rates gives you a fixed discount. You are still getting the same discount as before, but the base price has gone up by £3.50.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 19:48   #45
MrB
cf.addict

Thank you for clarifying, I will stay on my current version then as I have two TiVo and a V+ so best off not to tinker with the package as knowing my luck someone would change it and I would lose out (though do not need the mobile or international £2 add ons, which I believe I cannot remove without it affecting the Mates Rates discount? Shame as that would wipe out the rise).

Many thanks

MrB