Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | mis-selling by Virgin Media, new 12 months contract via back door

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Question about VM Phone.

Old 23-01-2011, 01:08   #1
jordyGFC
Inactive

Services: Virgin XXL Internet, Sky+ HD All , BT Phone, iphone 4
jordyGFC is on a distinguished roadjordyGFC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jordyGFC
Question about VM Phone.

hey,
i have broadband and was going to upgrade it, I was looking at phone as well as currently my BT bill is £100+. i wanted to get the XL phone and maybe the M+ TV to stick in my bedroom as i have Sky+ HD downstairs. in extras but it says Caller ID and its £2. Whats this? is this storing the numbers in your phones phone book as i do with my phone now? surely they wouldn't charge to be able to store numbers in your phone? or is this a thing where virgin itself stores your numbers and no matter what phone you are using all your numbers are there?

thanks,
jordy
jordyGFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-01-2011, 01:17   #2
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age
Re: Question about VM Phone.

Caller ID is seeing the number that's calling while it's ringing.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 01:21   #3
jordyGFC
Inactive

So virgin dont show you the number thats ringing you if you dont have this? the display will be blank?

---------- Post added at 00:21 ---------- Previous post was at 00:19 ----------

Sorry meant to post this in Phone not TV was accident.
Old 23-01-2011, 02:28   #4
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Moved to VM Fixed Phone Service forum.
Old 23-01-2011, 09:45   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Why is your bill so high? Virgin is very expensive for 0845 numbers etc and don't offer them for free like bt
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 15:53   #6
jordyGFC
Inactive

im not sure why its so high, i dont think i have any deals like free weekened calls or anything and just wouldnt mind moving to virgin.
Old 23-01-2011, 15:59   #7
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Do you have broadband from sky as sky bb won't work with a virgin line.
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 17:11   #8
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Why is your bill so high? Virgin is very expensive for 0845 numbers etc and don't offer them for free like bt
You can ask for 08 £2 it gives you up to 250 minuets a month of 0845 and 0870 numbers only( not 0844) for £2 a month i have it added to my account.

Talk 08 £2: Includes 250 minutes each month of direct dialled voice calls calls to UK numbers starting 0845 or 0870. You must keep your Talk 08 £2 package for at least 30 days. Available to Virgin Phone customers only. We reserve the right to vary the inclusive minutes within the Talk 08 £2 plan. We will publish these changes on our website, so check virginmedia.com/callingcosts regularly. The changes will take effect when posted on the website. Further terms and conditions apply, see virginmedia.com for details.