Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Just got 50mb Broadband - Signal levels ok?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Area Fault?

Old 10-06-2010, 23:01   #1
bluebrigade
Inactive

bluebrigade is an unknown quantity at this point
Area Fault?

Anyone know where I can find out if there is a fault in my area?

Currently getting 0.25mpbs on a 50mb connection and im annoyed!

Cheers
bluebrigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2010, 23:57   #2
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one
Re: Area Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebrigade View Post
Anyone know where I can find out if there is a fault in my area?

Currently getting 0.25mpbs on a 50mb connection and im annoyed!

Cheers
Where in the world are you, need to narrow it down a touch.
Old 10-06-2010, 23:59   #3
bluebrigade
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollp View Post
Where in the world are you, need to narrow it down a touch.
Portsmouth area thanks
Old 11-06-2010, 00:14   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

someone else has started a thread about this today dude. Quite a few peeps are having this problem atm. It is a bit of a ball ache but this is what you are going to have to do to get it fixed. Give the indian call center guys a ring who wont have a clue what it wrong. They'll "run a line test" and tell you your modem is faulty and they'll get an engineer to come round. When the engineer comes round he'll tell you it isn't your modem (and it isn't) and he'll ring someone and get it fixed. The problem is with the signal to noise ratio on your upstream connection but i don't know what the cause is though.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:01   #5
DaveDodd
Inactive

Services: VM 50Mb, V+ HD Box (x2), Sky HD Box, VM & BT - Phone
DaveDodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I'm in the CR3 area and am only getting 0.14Mbps on my 50meg service.

I did call the Indian call centre...expecting to be asked to turn the modem on and off and blah blah blah...but after being put on hold for a few mins I was told that there is a fault in my area...they didn't know any details of the fault or when they expected it to be fixed...it was suggested by tomorrow morning.

I would have refused another Engineer had they tried to book one...a few weeks backs I just gave up and agreed to an engineer knowing full well it wasn't a fault with the modem...the engineer turned up..."yup modem is fine" he had already been to several other customers that morning with same fault.

Seems most of us on here know more about technical side of our equipment than these call centres...so annoying you can't actually speak to someone who knows what they are talking about.
DaveDodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:56   #6
DaveDodd
Inactive

Well...It's the morning and sill just getting a trickle @ 0.16Mbps.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:00   #7
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Ring in again now on 0800 052 0431 and you should get the UK support team. You'll get more sense from them.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:34   #8
DaveDodd
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Ring in again now on 0800 052 0431 and you should get the UK support team. You'll get more sense from them.
Nope...just tried and still got the Indian call centre...I did try to find out more details about the fault...apparently the area fault has been on the system since May regarding connections being dropped...but this is not the same issue...I've already experianced that fault a few weeks back as mentioned...this seems to be something different I still have connection just FRIGGIN SLOW.

So where am I at now? Just sit & wait?
Old 11-06-2010, 11:47   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

If you call the 50Mb Support number you should only get a UK agent up to 2000 hrs.

This is not a National Fault as that is not possible, so anyone advocating it as such please desist as you are giving incorrect information to people.

Try clicking the link in my signature for your area status.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:52   #10
DaveDodd
Inactive

Yay...Got a UK agent...what a world of difference!

Looks like my fault is related to another fault going on else where, so hopefully when that issue is resolved by 5ish then mine should also go back to normal...fingers crossed.
Old 11-06-2010, 14:53   #11
bluebrigade
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDodd View Post
Yay...Got a UK agent...what a world of difference!

Looks like my fault is related to another fault going on else where, so hopefully when that issue is resolved by 5ish then mine should also go back to normal...fingers crossed.
How did you manage to get a uK agent as I keep on getting the foreign call centre?
Old 11-06-2010, 15:00   #12
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

50Mb support have a dedicated UK call centre in Liverpool from 08.00-20.00.

The number is 0800 052 0431.

I believe though if they are busy calls will be sent offshore. Masque will confirm this I'm sure.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 15:12   #13
bluebrigade
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
50Mb support have a dedicated UK call centre in Liverpool from 08.00-20.00.

The number is 0800 052 0431.

I believe though if they are busy calls will be sent offshore. Masque will confirm this I'm sure.
Thats the number I phoned!

Pig sick talking to people that dont know what they are talking about and taking time off work!
Old 11-06-2010, 15:12   #14
DaveDodd
Inactive

Yeah, just keep trying...first few time i got offshore but then got lucky.
Old 11-06-2010, 16:04   #15
dunno
cf.member

Services: 3x Tivo Full TV Package 120mb Broadband Phone
dunno is an unknown quantity at this point

yep in portsmouth aswell got terrible speeds just had an enginer round problem still not resolved
dunno is offline   Reply With Quote