Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Old 25-03-2008, 19:57   #16
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Pre ordered this about 1 week ago for £17.99.

I really want the Logitech G25 wheel, but how do you justify paying £150+ on a 'toy'.

"it will be mine, oh yes it will be mine" - From Waynes World, lol.
shawty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-03-2008, 20:21   #17
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty View Post

I really want the Logitech G25 wheel, but how do you justify paying £150+ on a 'toy'.

Good man shawty, good man.

Aye the G25 is a bit expensive, there may be alternatives about for a better price, but will it be as good?
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 20:53   #18
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Got mine on pre-order to. Really cant wait to give it a go. Looks amazing to say the least. Look forward to playing along with some of you

Please Turn Up On Time, Please Turn Up On Time !
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 21:02   #19
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty View Post

I guess it's like paying a lot of money for a high end graphics card if you're a PC gamer. If you play a lot of driving games it really enhances the level of realism and enjoyment and being compatible with bot the PC and PS3 makes it a very attractive purchase if you can convince yourself that it's worth parting with the cash. There are/will be some great games on both platforms which support it: GTR2, GT Legends, Race, LFS, TOCA series etc
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 21:06   #20
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Will you download Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, or will you buy the Blu-ray disc? Well, you may want to go to your local retail store and pick up the physical disc version. "Beyond the Apex" is a video documentary that's exclusively available on the Blu-ray disc. This is a behind-the-scenes feature, which talks to various folks involved with, and inspired by, the legendary driving simulation game.
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/03/25/...le-on-blu-ray/
Old 25-03-2008, 21:10   #21
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Apologies if people have seen this, but I just got an email from Logitech regarding this
Old 25-03-2008, 21:10   #22
andyandy
Inactive

andyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyandy View Post
Have a quick look at this

http://www.gtplanet.net/exclusive-f2007-video/

This is what made me decide to go ahead and order it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Quality matey, absolute quality!!!
Heres another one - not sure if you guys have seen this one either.
Bloody fantastic - cannot wait for this

http://www.gtplanet.net/exclusive-ferrari-f40-video/
andyandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 21:12   #23
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyandy View Post
Heres another one - not sure if you guys have seen this one either.
Bloody fantastic - cannot wait for this

http://www.gtplanet.net/exclusive-ferrari-f40-video/
Mate, you're a legend. 3 more days to wait.

Also, can anyone who's ever pre-ordered from Game, confirm that sometimes they deliver the game the day before? I am sure I have read/heard somewhere that it's been known to happen.

Apparently, GT5 Prologue has already hit 1 million pre-orders.
Old 25-03-2008, 21:18   #24
andyandy
Inactive

andyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Mate, you're a legend. 3 more days to wait.

Also, can anyone who's ever pre-ordered from Game, confirm that sometimes they deliver the game the day before? I am sure I have read/heard somewhere that it's been known to happen.

Apparently, GT5 Prologue has already hit 1 million pre-orders.
I dont use Game - normally use Play for my orders and pretty much always arrive the day before - sometimes 2 days
andyandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 21:24   #25
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Gutted

-Edit-

More on the 1 million pre-orders. That makes it Platinum before it's even been released.

Added to the fact that you can get Top Gear content is going to make this game the best game released. (Until GTA IV)
Old 25-03-2008, 22:14   #26
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I'm just going to pop to a shop on friday morning to pick up my copy.
Old 26-03-2008, 12:55   #27
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

My pre-order has been despatched today by Game. Added with guaranteed next day delivery, I should hopefuly have it tomorrow.

Old 26-03-2008, 13:33   #28
icestar2
Inactive

I have ordered with Shopto as I awlays get next day with them. No dispatch notice yet but that can dispatch anytime upto 5:30 so here's keeping my fingers crossed as they took payment today and said they were due the game in today.
Old 26-03-2008, 13:37   #29
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Wont this be in the PS Store on thursday?
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 13:45   #30
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

I have just read here that GT5 Prologue could be the platform for a full game with updates constantly being downloaded.

Now considering that a full game retails with a mark up price of £39.99 - £49.99 then I think that the updates will be charged for and not free. If this is the case, then I will be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
Wont this be in the PS Store on thursday?
Updates are made to the Playstation store every Thursday according to the UK Playstation 3 forums. You could well see this in the store for download tomorrow or tomorrow midnight. 1.9Gb (estimated), then there is always the chance that VM will STM you or play silly beggars and disconnect you via a fault.