Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Old 04-04-2008, 13:36   #136
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Love the Ford GT omg what a car !!! Best I've used in the game by miles. Oh and the sound of it is just something else. Nice spot Cerberus m8. It like's to growl at you but it does the job like no other lol.

Just gotta do that Ferrari race now. I just cant get to grips with that car at all. Most i've got up2 is 8th place lol. I start doing well then spin out or take the corner to slow lol gonna have to work on them corners.

EDIT**

Just done the Ferrari Race. Only came third but was very close to the leading two. Couple better corners and I may have taken Gold. Thats A class done now. Guess its just Tune and cleanup now
Yup! It's a lovely car and the Ferrari when it's tuned up is nice too. More so the GT when tuned up is awesome. I have done most of the dealership races now. Going to get started on S class today.

On another note:

The European gaming community really, really loves Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. After a platinum pre-order and a stellar launch, the PS3 has been gaining quite a bit of traction. Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, Chart-Track's Dorian Bloch said: "PlayStation 3 sales went up by 14 per cent for week 13, after going up 73 per cent the week before."

We're certain that we can expect a similar sales boom after the release of Metal Gear Solid 4 as well. In comparison, Chart-Track noted that "Xbox 360 sales were down by 11 per cent." The effects of Microsoft's price drop were strong, but looks like the power of GT overshadowed the efforts of Microsoft's bargain pricing.

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

Just a point to note. If you tune the Ferrari, make sure you alter the gear ratio for 5th gear. It hits 196 then a limiter kicks in and knocks the speed back down to 180. So you need to alter the gear ratio for that. Once I have a good setting for it. I will let folk know.

Also you cannot use tuned cars for the races that involve taking over the other 15 competitors. Bit of a pain I know, but that's making it too easy.

However, I am not sure if you can buy a pre tuned car from the Gran Turismo dealership and use that. I am working on getting 300,000 credits just now to try.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2008, 00:06   #137
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Get the Ford GT LM II Test car for S Class and a Mines car too.

Both of them stick to the road like adhesive.

The Ford GT LM II Test car isn't as fast as the normal Ford GT, but it sticks to the bends and doesn't lose any speed at all/

A request for the makers of GT5 too. How about players can make their own special soundtrack? I would be having Tiesto all the way. Listening to my iPod whilst playing this game with Southern Sun going is amazing. OK so it was a Paul Oakenfold tune, but Tiesto mixed it better.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote