Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

Old 30-01-2012, 12:09   #1
More Than A pret
Inactive

More Than A pret is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

Does anyone know where the Virgin Media Mates rates for 2012 are published. A friend who works for Virgin has offered it to us but does not know the fulll details of what is included in the package including the length of the contract . He said he is able to introduce a certain number of people each year and we will be able to continue with this "perk" as long as he is employed by Virgin Media. As only people who are able to qualify are eligible for Mates rates and the general public will not be able to get it. So why not have a web sites for Mates/prospective Mates customer detailing costs various packages length of contract and with or without a TIVO box.The latter is a major attraction for us. We also have a friend who works for Sky and has offered us a Friends and Family package with the, It would be good to be able to make a comparrision before reaching a decision.
More Than A pret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2012, 12:30   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

There are full details of the offer on the Virgin internal website, in the same place where the form is located for staff to refer their friends.

So your friend can provide all appropriate details of costs, contract length etc, which would also then be confirmed by the Sales agent you speak to when arranging installation
Old 30-01-2012, 16:01   #3
Mark Up
Inactive

Mark Up is an unknown quantity at this point

Why all the secrecy. Only a very limited number of people will be eligible so why not publish the tariff even if the friend or relative who works for Virgin Media has to give you a code to enter the site to obtain the information. The majority of the public will not be eligible for the Mates rate so it would be of no use to them. I certainly would not want to get my Uncle into trouble with Virgin asking him to do anything he should not do. At least list the different packages available under this scheme with all that is included together with the length of the contract, without quoting the price. I hear the tariff price is negotiable anyway depending on who you talk to at Virgin. I know someone who had the TIVO Box thrown in for free to the package without having to pay the additional £3 a month for this service, so maybe there is no hard and fast tariff.
Mark Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 16:09   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

What do you mean 'get your Uncle into trouble'? There is nothing preventing him from telling you what the offer is.

As for the bundles options, you have to take at least the XL Plus which is detailed on the Virgin Media website here http://shop.virginmedia.com/bundles/...s/xl-plus.html - which VM employee referring you on the scheme should be able to point you to.
Old 30-01-2012, 16:25   #5
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Why would Virgin want to raise awareness that a portion of its subscriber base is paying substantially less than the standard price?
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 16:45   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Up View Post
Why all the secrecy. Only a very limited number of people will be eligible so why not publish the tariff even if the friend or relative who works for Virgin Media has to give you a code to enter the site to obtain the information. The majority of the public will not be eligible for the Mates rate so it would be of no use to them. I certainly would not want to get my Uncle into trouble with Virgin asking him to do anything he should not do. At least list the different packages available under this scheme with all that is included together with the length of the contract, without quoting the price. I hear the tariff price is negotiable anyway depending on who you talk to at Virgin. I know someone who had the TIVO Box thrown in for free to the package without having to pay the additional £3 a month for this service, so maybe there is no hard and fast tariff.
It's not a secret at all. The only way to apply for it is the staff member submitting your contact details and you get a call from the mates rates sales team. No one would get in trouble.

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Than A pret View Post
Does anyone know where the Virgin Media Mates rates for 2012 are published. A friend who works for Virgin has offered it to us but does not know the fulll details of what is included in the package including the length of the contract . He said he is able to introduce a certain number of people each year and we will be able to continue with this "perk" as long as he is employed by Virgin Media. As only people who are able to qualify are eligible for Mates rates and the general public will not be able to get it. So why not have a web sites for Mates/prospective Mates customer detailing costs various packages length of contract and with or without a TIVO box.The latter is a major attraction for us. We also have a friend who works for Sky and has offered us a Friends and Family package with the, It would be good to be able to make a comparrision before reaching a decision.
They should easily be able to let you know the package and how much it costs. It's on the intranet in the same place as the application form. There is also no limit to how many people you can have on the cable mates rates.
Old 30-01-2012, 17:00   #7
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Than A pret View Post
I spoke to 2 people the other day both claiming they were getting a "Mates Rates" package that should be £75 was was going for £41 for tv, tel and bb with sky sports and movies.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 17:07   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Well I can say for definate they won't as Mates Rates. Sky Sports and Movies alone cost £29.50 so Virgin wouldn't offer the rest for £11
Old 30-01-2012, 17:13   #9
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Well I can say for definate they won't as Mates Rates. Sky Sports and Movies alone cost £29.50 so Virgin wouldn't offer the rest for £11
What a relief. I thought Virgin were crazy.

Yes, it does seem a bit silly offering that price to poach them from Sky and giving about £25 of it back to Sky.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 21:05   #10
andybrock
Inactive

andybrock is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
What a relief. I thought Virgin were crazy.

Yes, it does seem a bit silly offering that price to poach them from Sky and giving about £25 of it back to Sky.
Can confirm this.
More like £60 ish.
andybrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 21:48   #11
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

I get Mate's rate and getting the VIP 50 for £15.00 pm

Joking
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 18:28   #12
andybrock
Inactive

andybrock is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know the fee for upgrading to Tivo on mates rates.

Looking to go to VIP50 with 1TB tivo from standard Mrates package.
andybrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:49   #13
Twilight Zone
Inactive

Twilight Zone is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen
There is also no limit to how many people you can have on the cable mates rates.
If there is no limit, can someone recommend me
Twilight Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:05   #14
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Its not called Mates & Internet Randoms Rates, if I remember correctly.
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:21   #15
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Zone View Post
If there is no limit, can someone recommend me
If you already have TV, BB and phone you aren't eligible anyway. It's only for people taking new cable services.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote