Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Media Access Key

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Has anyone reduced their package size whilst in contract?

Old 04-09-2012, 23:34   #1
pop80_uk
Inactive

pop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant future
Question Has anyone reduced their package size whilst in contract?

Hi everyone,
Need some advice, we currently have XL TV Tivo, XL Broadband and Telephone, my partner signed up to the deal when we moved in on a 18 month contract, we still have 6 months to run.

Problem is the service has been shocking on the TV and the cost increasing, we are also at a point where are situation has changed.

We would like to reduce the package to L TV and L broadband to save some money.

Has anyone had any success doing this?
Which department should I write to ? contact?
Will I have to pay a fee as im in contract?

Thanks!
pop80_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2012, 00:15   #2
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice
Re: Has anyone reduced their package size whilst in contract?

Just ring them up, you can change packages within the minimum contract but you may lose any special discount that you got when signing up.
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 00:23   #3
pop80_uk
Inactive

pop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant future

They gave us 3 months for half price, so it was not an amazing deal, will they ask for the money back?
pop80_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:26   #4
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop80_uk View Post
They gave us 3 months for half price, so it was not an amazing deal, will they ask for the money back?
No, they probably extended your contract.
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:57   #5
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

You could look into asking to switch to one of their 'collection' packages to see if that would be cheaper

http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles...llections.html

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:10   #6
gcollins
Inactive

gcollins is on a distinguished roadgcollins is on a distinguished road

I reduced our package due to a change in circumstances; we had to reduce costs.

No affect to anything, we came down to TV L and BB L (even though we are still on 20meg - from BB XL which is now 30meg) and we have saved the best part of thirty pounds a month.

The rule as far as contract as I was told by the helpful lady was "new equipment - new contract" - simple as.
gcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 16:57   #7
daveyg99
Inactive

Services: tivo xl, 50mb,phone vip50
daveyg99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes,
From XXL to L recently to save some money during the lean times.

I received a new contract for 12 months as my minimum term expired. I argued the point a downgrade did not constitute a new contract. VM agreed and made the new contract null and void - It's a downgrade of services after all and should not affect your existing contract.
daveyg99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 21:30   #8
Picto
Inactive

Picto will become famous soon enoughPicto will become famous soon enoughPicto will become famous soon enough

I went from XL to M tv as except from football everything I recorded seemed to be on the basic package channels. Got a new laptop recently so not missing ESPN as virgin's fibre-optic broadband has given me access to every football match on the planet.

I phoned the 'thinking of leaving' option. They reduced my bill by £20 and I also got a phoneline with free weekend calls installed for zilch which I never had before.
Picto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 21:47   #9
greyposter
Inactive

Services: Tivio500
greyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nice

On another tack,has anyone got a direct link to upgrading to 'Sports on line ? Can't phone due to a problem with my speech.
Thank you.
greyposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 22:49   #10
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

It should be in My Virgin Media, under My Offers.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 00:42   #11
greyposter
Inactive

Services: Tivio500
greyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nice

Cheers,job done.
greyposter is offline   Reply With Quote