Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Yify torrents

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Backing up to the cloud

Old 19-11-2013, 10:37   #1
welshycarysrees
Inactive

Services: Large TV. 60mb Broadband and Large Phone
welshycarysrees is an unknown quantity at this point
Backing up to the cloud

Can someone point me in the right direction of a good free company that offers cloud backup.

It doesn't have to be a mass amount of space just as long as they are reasonable fast and reliable.
welshycarysrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2013, 11:31   #2
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Backing up to the cloud

SkyDrive or Dropbox have some free space and a client that runs on your computer to automatically do the backups. Mega.co.nz gives you 50GB of free space but at the moment you have to manually upload files until they release their automated software in the coming months.

If you want to backup whole computers or need a lot more space, Crashplan is a decent option and is very cheap.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 12:16   #3
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Another vote for Dropbox.

Works well , you can access it from any internet connection and provides 2GB of storage space for free.
Old 19-11-2013, 21:59   #4
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I've used DropBox in the past too. It's fairly easy to increase your diskspace too by reccomending friends, liking them on facebook, etc.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 12:20   #5
mark1234
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV XL, Broadband XL (60), Phone XL, Windows 7 Media Centre
mark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to all

I use SkyDrive. They give out 7GB for free.
mark1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 13:58   #6
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1234 View Post
I use SkyDrive. They give out 7GB for free.

I've got 25GB for free :/

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 16:47   #7
mark1234
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV XL, Broadband XL (60), Phone XL, Windows 7 Media Centre
mark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
I've got 25GB for free :/
So have I, but it's not what new customers get.
mark1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 18:33   #8
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I find the crap upload speeds more of a hinderance to cloud storage than anything else tbh.

If they could be more synchronous with d/loads like ISDN was it would be loads better for backing up bigger files. I guess for the forseeable future I'll be backing up onto local storage.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote