Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cannon Fodder 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

Battlefield 3

Old 07-05-2011, 17:48   #1
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
Battlefield 3

Doesn't look like it will feature Bad Company, does anyone know if there will be a BBC 3 game? The squad is fun.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2011, 21:08   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Battlefield 3

BF3 12 minute trailer - not family friendly, so no direct link (it's on the EA site, under Battlefield 3 blogs).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:27   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Battlefield and Battlefield Bad Company are two separate game genres, albeit produced by the same software house.

Battlefield 3 will be a complete rewrite of the game engine. If the graphics apparent on the trailer are achievable by mere mortals with an average gaming computer spec then the scheduled Autumn release of Battlefield 3 could be awesome.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 16:08   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just rx'd my Battlefield 3 PC Open Beta Early Access invite today.

Only problem is, I am away from home until nearly midnight tomorrow, so won't be able to download it until Thursday evening.....
Old 27-09-2011, 17:02   #5
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

I've had the Battlefield 3 PC beta for a while (closed beta access) and today I got access to the early xbox360 beta.

The xbox version is a shameful "fatherless" child of the game compared to the PC version. But I guess its still playable.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 23:55   #6
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

which is more than the pc Beta is....

- constantly resizes to windowed mode
- when clicking in menus, the game will suddenly decide you no longer have a mouse connected and you have to Esc key your way out
- you can't bind any keys to actions, meaning my poor brain can't deal with the fact things like trying to run now brings up the scope
- that is, of course, after you have spawned in and are actively in game where you have to enter the menus. you cannot get to the key binding settings unless you actually enter the round, meaning you have to stand there waiting to be shot whilst you click around, discovering you can't bind anyway, and that's only if you're lucky enough you're still able to click about in the menus to get that far!
- not to mention the game server browser is now all web based - yes, I have to navigate about in IE to join a game! WTF?!?!? there's no in-game server browser. why did they do that??? it's horrendous!!!

I know it's a Beta, and there will be bugs, but this is truly shameful. for me, it just makes the whole experience unusable. I don't think I'll bother opening the Beta again, that's for sure.
Old 24-10-2011, 09:15   #7
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

The first review is live on IGN. It's a PC review but they'll be a console review once the day 1 patch goes live.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/121/12...source=twitter
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 22:08   #8
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I hope they take out the stupid knife beats gun the others had.
Old 26-10-2011, 15:49   #9
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

I have just bitten the bullet, and ordered a new graphics card to help me enjoy BF3 more (PC game pre-ordered from Amazon) - my current graphics card is a 8800GTX, which is about the minimum spec.

I will upgrade to Win7 Ultimate over the weekend (currently Vista 64 Ultimate), and then when the Asus nVIDIA 3D GeForce GTX 560 1GB 850Mhz arrives next week, I will be ready to rock and roll.....

I was toying with buying a new PC, but the current one, even though nearly four years old, is a quad-core overclocked, and this upgrade (along with some more memory, if the current 4GB isn't enough), can put that off for another year of so, methinks....
Old 26-10-2011, 17:45   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Just ordered the 360 version. Bored of COD now and want to try something new.
Old 27-10-2011, 23:21   #11
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Just rx'd an email from Amazon letting me know BF3 has been dispatched, and should be with me tomorrow.

That's the weekend gone, then....
Old 28-10-2011, 00:17   #12
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

My copy arrived 2pm today. Been playing since then. Seems EA unlocked it early! Nice one EA!!!
Old 28-10-2011, 01:31   #13
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I just got back from the midnight launch. Now to install it and stuff.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 09:03   #14
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

How much space is required for a xbox install?

I'm getting mine today, as I was up at 6:30am and no way was I gonna go to the midnight launch.
Old 28-10-2011, 09:08   #15
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Just rx'd another email from Amazon, with a redemption code for the BF3 Specact DLC - result.