Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Help!! Suggestions needed in upgrading and transferring service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

is the over 18 policy strictly enforced?

Old 22-07-2011, 03:17   #1
clummy_
Inactive

Services: Triple XL + mobile
clummy_ is an unknown quantity at this point
is the over 18 policy strictly enforced?

I was hoping to leave my 17 year old son in when the engineer comes to install TiVo as I can't take a day off work ... I seen on the website a person aged over 18 has to be present. How strictly is this policy enforced? Will he get asked for id? Lol
clummy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2011, 08:00   #2
Spann3r
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+, 50mb BB & Telco
Spann3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: is the over 18 policy strictly enforced?

All depends on the enginner as they make there own risk assesmant on the job. I used to just get them to ask a neighbour to pop over while I did the install.
Spann3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 13:19   #3
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

How will they know unless he volunteers his age at the door?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 16:05   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

You do though have to be aware that by not complying with the policy the engineer if he suspects the person is under-age has a perfect right to just walk away
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 00:56   #5
redone
Inactive

redone is an unknown quantity at this point

Tricky subject if he looks young and the tech asks him his age he can and should refuse but 9 times out of 10 the tech will do it as managers care more about figures than anything else
redone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 22:39   #6
JayJay
Inactive

Services: TiVo, V+, XXL BB, XL TV, XL Telco 3x Cisco HD
JayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to behold

I enforce it. If I suspect they are young, I will ask. I will use judgement on 17 but will not enter the premises if they are younger. Sometimes the manager will come out to make sure everything is ok.
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 16:04   #7
peachey16
Inactive

Services: 1TB tivo and vhd xl 50mb talk xl
peachey16 is an unknown quantity at this point

i will also not enter if they are under 18 not worth my job
peachey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 16:50   #8
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

That sounds dirty.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 17:20   #9
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
That sounds dirty.
LOL that's because you think like me

but seriously under 18's should be a no no. it's a good rule Virgin has.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 17:36   #10
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

It's gross misconduct to go into a house if only a minor is present, I'd walk away
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 23:53   #11
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

When I was about 14 I managed to get Asda online groceries to deliver about £80 of alcohol to my door. Come to think of it, I'm sure the poor guy would probably have been fired if his boss found out.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 00:29   #12
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
When I was about 14 I managed to get Asda online groceries to deliver about £80 of alcohol to my door. Come to think of it, I'm sure the poor guy would probably have been fired if his boss found out.
I looked about 11 at that age, would never have managed that.

nffc is online now   Reply With Quote