Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | virgin media moving home contract issues

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

virgin media moving home contract issues

Old 29-06-2011, 18:21   #1
shaunyboy1989
Inactive

shaunyboy1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
virgin media moving home contract issues

what it is i moved home in january and virgin didnt tell me that they would start me as a new customer and that i would have to pay the month in advance again which i wasnt payin been with them for three years and the bill has just esculated from there

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

cant seem to find anything in the contract that states i have to do this
shaunyboy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2011, 18:38   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: virgin media moving home contract issues

Quote:
K Moving home
  1. If you move to another address within our and/or Virgin Media Entertainment's service area, you may ask us and Virgin Media Entertainment (as applicable) to provide the services to your new address. You must provide at least one month's notice to do this, but neither we nor Virgin Media Entertainment can guarantee to provide you with the services at your new address.
  2. If you move to another address during any minimum period paragraph J2 will apply, unless you continue to receive Virgin Media Ltd and/or Virgin Media Entertainment services at your new address (in which case paragraph K3 will apply).
  3. If we and Virgin Media Entertainment (as applicable) agree to provide the services to your new address, you may have to pay a service transfer charge (to be paid to Virgin Media Payments). Details of the service transfer charge are set out in the price guides. We and/or Virgin Media Entertainment will also send you a new contract for the services at your new address (which will include the contract for premium television services as applicable) and you will have to keep the services for the minimum period. The service start date for your new minimum period will be the date that the services are installed at your new address. You may not be able to keep your phone number if you move house.
That's their standard terms and conditions on their site.

Which means you are on a new contract and as far as I know all contracts are payable in advance for their service charges
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 00:50   #3
cara08
Inactive

Services: Virgin VIP Package
cara08 is a glorious beacon of lightcara08 is a glorious beacon of lightcara08 is a glorious beacon of lightcara08 is a glorious beacon of lightcara08 is a glorious beacon of lightcara08 is a glorious beacon of lightcara08 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to cara08 Send a message via MSN to cara08 Send a message via Yahoo to cara08

does anyone know the procedure if you move house and virgin media is not available at your new property, can you cancel if you are still under contract? TIA for any help.
cara08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 02:30   #4
nfs6600
cf.geek

Services: All
nfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara08 View Post
does anyone know the procedure if you move house and virgin media is not available at your new property, can you cancel if you are still under contract? TIA for any help.
You can still cancel. However if you chose not to take out Virgin Media National, then you would be charged for the remainder of the contract.

The contract you take out with Virgin Media is for the property you reside in. So your basically saying to Virgin that you will be there for at least 12* months.

*some contracts can be longer
nfs6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 21:06   #5
cara08
Inactive

Services: Virgin VIP Package
cara08 is a glorious beacon of lightcara08 is a glorious beacon of lightcara08 is a glorious beacon of lightcara08 is a glorious beacon of lightcara08 is a glorious beacon of lightcara08 is a glorious beacon of lightcara08 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to cara08 Send a message via MSN to cara08 Send a message via Yahoo to cara08

sorry not too up to it, what is virgin national? i'm on vip50 in this house but have been told that virgin is not available at the the place i am possibly moving to
cara08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 00:04   #6
nfs6600
cf.geek

Services: All
nfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara08 View Post
sorry not too up to it, what is virgin national? i'm on vip50 in this house but have been told that virgin is not available at the the place i am possibly moving to
Services down a BT Phone Line
nfs6600 is offline   Reply With Quote