Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 12:40   #616
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Goodness grief no company is perfect but that statement just beggars belief.
Not really no VM are lying scheming <insert own word here> who falsely put claims against people and mess up credit ratings.
I'm pleased to say i now have a court date in my bid to sue vm for wrongful information they prob won't turn up again just like they didn't when i challenged them over a bill.

You know the odd thing is all this crap started once LG took over vm before that they were a decent company.
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2017, 13:39   #617
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
That's about the re-branding of ITV Player as ITV Hub in 2015, it's nothing to do with the agreement between VM and ITV for access to a selection of ITV shows for 7 days after broadcast. VM never had ITV Player, and in an attempt to make the difference clear the functionality on VM was badged as the ITV Net Player.
This is talking about the previous rebrand in 2008:

https://www.ukfast.co.uk/internet-ne...tv-player.html

Quote:
ITV said that in branding and marketing communication around programming intended for consumption across the UK, as in the case of the BT Vision deal, the online TV player will be branded as "ITV Net Player" and referred to as the "ITV Network Player".
So even then, the naming came from ITV themselves, it wasn't a VM decision.
Old 02-03-2017, 13:51   #618
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
This is talking about the previous rebrand in 2008:

https://www.ukfast.co.uk/internet-ne...tv-player.html

So even then, the naming came from ITV themselves, it wasn't a VM decision.
But why does that mean VM should be allowed to advertise offering the ITV Hub and All 4 apps when they don't? At the least, they should state that they offer a selection of Catch Up content from ITV and Channel 4, that is also available on the ITV Hub and All 4 apps.
Old 02-03-2017, 13:58   #619
jj20x

Quote:
VM state:

Appy days
We know great telly can come from anywhere, but Virgin TV brilliantly brings the TV you love together and lets you watch the way you want. Netflix (if you’re a subscriber), YouTube, Vevo – access them all through your TV, as well as free to air catch up players like BBC iPlayer, All4, ITV Hub and even Sky on Demand. It’s the TV you love, the way you want it.
I don't see the problem, it clearly states "catch up players" it doesn't make a claim as to how many days are available and certainly doesn't suggest that the full range of "on demand" material is available.

Not all apps are made equal, which ITV Hub app would you prefer VM to carry? The Now TV ITV Hub app, which claims to offer 30 days catch up but doesn't even provide a full week, or the more extensive ITV Hub app that comes with Amazon Fire TV? They certainly aren't the same, nor do they offer the same range of content.

Last edited by jj20x; 02-03-2017 at 14:12.

Old 02-03-2017, 16:40   #620
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
That's about the re-branding of ITV Player as ITV Hub in 2015, it's nothing to do with the agreement between VM and ITV for access to a selection of ITV shows for 7 days after broadcast. VM never had ITV Player, and in an attempt to make the difference clear the functionality on VM was badged as the ITV Net Player.
My dear chap, if ITV and Channel 4 offer services and want to call them ITV Hub and All4, why should they protest? And why should you complain?

I've been to different Sainsbury's stores which don't offer products available in other Sainsbury's stores, but that doesn't mean they aren't Sainsbury's.

Seriously, you need to get over this. Any legal action would fail, so time to move on. If you want to move to Sky, no- one is preventing you, but prepare for a culture shock.
Old 02-03-2017, 16:43   #621
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
You know the odd thing is all this crap started once LG took over vm before that they were a decent company.
I agree. They tried to overcharge me by £10, instead of just crediting it like I expected, they refused! It took a solicitors letter to get it sorted out, but what about those who don't get free legal advice?

For most people it wouldn't be cost effective to challenge it, but LG obviouslyy think it's worth losing a customer for the sake of a tenner.

This is probably why they now tie customers into a contract everyime they sneeze!

Edit: My solicitor mentioned some sort of regulator if his letter didn't work. Does anybody know their details, as this may help others?

During my efforts to resolve this informally, a manager said that if the regulator became involved, my account would frozen and nothing could be changed. He was being mildly aggressive at this stage, so this could be nonsense designed to put me off from seeking resolution from a third party.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 02-03-2017 at 16:50.
Old 02-03-2017, 16:48   #622
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
My dear chap, if ITV and Channel 4 offer services and want to call them ITV Hub and All4, why should they protest? And why should you complain?

I've been to different Sainsbury's stores which don't offer products available in other Sainsbury's stores, but that doesn't mean they aren't Sainsbury's.

Seriously, you need to get over this. Any legal action would fail, so time to move on. If you want to move to Sky, no- one is preventing you, but prepare for a culture shock.
My dear chap, Sainsbury's, legal action, move to Sky... what on earth are you babbling on about!

I simply share the frustration of others that VM doesn't have the full services that I can get on my PC, phone and tablet, and those with Freeview Play, Freesat Smart, YouView and various games consoles, set top boxes and smart TVs can access.

Last edited by SonicMaster; 02-03-2017 at 16:54.
Old 02-03-2017, 17:06   #623
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I agree. They tried to overcharge me by £10, instead of just crediting it like I expected, they refused! It took a solicitors letter to get it sorted out, but what about those who don't get free legal advice?

For most people it wouldn't be cost effective to challenge it, but LG obviouslyy think it's worth losing a customer for the sake of a tenner.

This is probably why they now tie customers into a contract everyime they sneeze!

Edit: My solicitor mentioned some sort of regulator if his letter didn't work. Does anybody know their details, as this may help others?

During my efforts to resolve this informally, a manager said that if the regulator became involved, my account would frozen and nothing could be changed. He was being mildly aggressive at this stage, so this could be nonsense designed to put me off from seeking resolution from a third party.
All i'm going to say is there are now far better options than vm and faster broadband than vm too, not in all areas yet but one company i'm keeping a eye on is hyperoptic they seem decent priced and offer upto 1gbs speeds from what i've read 99% of those on 1gbs get 1gbs or just over. vm offer 200mbs however that'll be 2mbs if you're lucky.
TV wise again plenty of option the one who is making big waves as of late is tvplayer which offers a superb package for £4.99pm this includes discovery, history, eurosport, w, alibi and many more.
Imo vm and others need to think about how they treat customers because it's the customers that keep a company floating and what floats can easily sink.
Old 02-03-2017, 17:20   #624
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Richard, you couldn't possibly expect us to comment on this because you haven't given us details of your complaint. We have to accept your version of events, and I have to say that when I look at your previous posts, you do seem to be a serial complainer. No offence! The fact that a solicitor's letter got VM to back down does not prove they were wrong, just that it was more trouble than it was worth (£10) to get this resolved.

If a contract is what VM's solicitors have advised to prevent having to give into low value claims, then I'm not surprised to learn that this is now what they are doing. As a businessman yourself, does this not make sense?

For those who are tempted to go down Richard's path, don't think for one moment that Virgin don't know who you are, and don't expect them to do you any favours!

Just sayin'...

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Quote:
All i'm going to say is there are now far better options than vm and faster broadband than vm too, not in all areas yet but one company i'm keeping a eye on is hyperoptic they seem decent priced and offer upto 1gbs speeds from what i've read 99% of those on 1gbs get 1gbs or just over. vm offer 200mbs however that'll be 2mbs if you're lucky.
TV wise again plenty of option the one who is making big waves as of late is tvplayer which offers a superb package for £4.99pm this includes discovery, history, eurosport, w, alibi and many more.
Imo vm and others need to think about how they treat customers because it's the customers that keep a company floating and what floats can easily sink.
You are a very good contributor to this forum, theone, and we are all grateful to you for the nuggets of advice you provide!

I know that you, personally, have issues with VM because of certain past events, but nevertheless, they are a key player and better than most (sorry, my personal opinion slipped in there!).

However, what I would say is that you do go to extreme lengths to get the material you want to see, and most of us are not prepared to expend that effort into what, ultimately, is a (debatable) unlawful means of accessing programmes.

I, for one, have experimented with Kodi, but I find the only worthwhile material is via a vpn, so I'm out!
Old 02-03-2017, 17:33   #625
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Richard, you couldn't possibly expect us to comment on this because you haven't given us details of your complaint. We have to accept your version of events, and I have to say that when I look at your previous posts, you do seem to be a serial complainer. No offence! The fact that a solicitor's letter got VM to back down does not prove they were wrong, just that it was more trouble than it was worth (£10) to get this resolved.

If a contract is what VM's solicitors have advised to prevent having to give into low value claims, then I'm not surprised to learn that this is now what they are doing. As a businessman yourself, does this not make sense?

For those who are tempted to go down Richard's path, don't think for one moment that Virgin don't know who you are, and don't expect them to do you any favours!

Just sayin'...

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

You are a very good contributor to this forum, theone, and we are all grateful to you for the nuggets of advice you provide!

I know that you, personally, have issues with VM because of certain past events, but nevertheless, they are a key player and better than most (sorry, my personal opinion slipped in there!).

However, what I would say is that you do go to extreme lengths to get the material you want to see, and most of us are not prepared to expend that effort into what, ultimately, is a (debatable) unlawful means of accessing programmes.

I, for one, have experimented with Kodi, but I find the only worthwhile material is via a vpn, so I'm out!
But aren't you championing that linear tv will soon be dead?
Yes i do have questionable means of obtaining tv but i still have a sub in bt tv (will be gone 14th this month due to price rises) and sky £39.50pm for the lot plus multiscreen, some shows however i have no choice but to torrent/kodi/us tv login (which i pay for it's from a friend in the US) if i wish to watch them as no uk network has picked them up salem being a prime example.
If you don't know what you're doing regarding streaming services then it will never be for you, everyone has their own prefered ways of watching tv many via traditional linear means and many via streaming/on demand services.
Stick with what you're comftable with is my advice if it aint broke then don't fix it.
VM do indeed have a excellent choice in tv and plenty of content and they are showing intent by investing in content too sadly their owners are a bunch of clowns (this is only my opinion though).
Also in my post to Richard i never mentioned any grey area means of getting tv, tvplayer must be legit and have agreements in place with the networks as if not it'd be suffering the same battle catchuptv is wouldn't it?

Last edited by theone2k10; 02-03-2017 at 17:37.
Old 02-03-2017, 18:26   #626
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
vm offer 200mbs however that'll be 2mbs if you're lucky.
I get over 220mbps most days. In the evening peaks it sometimes slips to around 60mbps for an hour or two but climbs back over 200 by ten.
I'm not suggesting everyone is so lucky but I don't think most are as unfortunate as you suggest either.

Last edited by nialli; 02-03-2017 at 18:34.
Old 02-03-2017, 18:56   #627
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
vm offer 200mbs however that'll be 2mbs if you're lucky.

That's sweeping statement to make mate and clearly wrong, I am on 200 Mbs and don't see much drop in performance at anytime of the day, just because some ppl suffer with poor performance doesn't mean everyone does!
Old 02-03-2017, 19:06   #628
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
That's sweeping statement to make mate and clearly wrong, I am on 200 Mbs and don't see much drop in performance at anytime of the day, just because some ppl suffer with poor performance doesn't mean everyone does!
One once MM l quite agree with your sentiments.
Old 02-03-2017, 19:29   #629
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
You do realise it was a tongue in cheek comment?
Old 02-03-2017, 20:25   #630
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
You do realise it was a tongue in cheek comment?

I didn't actually, and the reason for that is that you are very hard towards VM, ok i understand your reasons for this, but I did think that you were making a genuine comment.
Closed Thread