Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 15-10-2017, 21:11   #3016
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
been very very quiet year for VM
OB is starting to rumble his discontent.
Old 15-10-2017, 21:23   #3017
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
been very very quiet year for VM
Not much really left for them to get apart from sky atlantic and we both know the answer to that one, itv encore, freesports and i think one or two others.
I feel 2018 will be the same channel launch wise.
Old 15-10-2017, 21:26   #3018
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Not much really left for them to get apart from sky atlantic and we both know the answer to that one, itv encore, freesports and i think one or two others.

This ^ ^ ^
Old 15-10-2017, 22:03   #3019
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
yes still few on here think sky will let others have it

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
OB is starting to rumble his discontent.
Old 16-10-2017, 00:05   #3020
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
yes still few on here think sky will let others have it

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

I think Sky will let others have the channel but not until at least 2019 late when the final season of game of thrones has aired and even then it's a very big maybe.
Old 16-10-2017, 00:59   #3021
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Surprised they haven't taken Keep It Country as the only channel of its genre available. Channel 4 +1 HD would be useful too on occasion along with S4C HD for Welsh expats/the rugby.

There are some QVC channels in HD on Freeview for those who like to shop too!

Any others that people can think of?
Old 16-10-2017, 11:36   #3022
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

FreeSports is the obvious recent addition that is missing. The channel is requesting VM customers constantly bombard VM with requests to carry it.
Old 16-10-2017, 12:37   #3023
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

This suggests to me that Freesports weren't happy with the deal that VM wanted and are trying to convince them that their customers really want the channel.

AFAIK Freeview channels have to pay to be on VM, whereas channel owners expect to be paid.

VM regard it as channel distribution (like paying to go onto Freesat/Sky/Freeview), whereas channel owners see it as them providing a service for VM/their customers.

I suspect (but don't know for sure) that secret deals have been done for the poorer Freeview channels that people wanted eg Talking Pictures. Maybe a heavily discounted or cost neautral deal??

I'm surprised that Freesports isn't on though as VM like to boast that they have all the football under one roof.
Old 16-10-2017, 16:55   #3024
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Pack codes haven't changed but appear to have been suppressed for the following channels: SONY SAB, SONY TV, HUM EUROPE, Islam Channel Urdu, B4U Movies, B4U Music, NDTV India, NDTV Spice, NDTV Good Times, Zing, Zee Cinema, Star Plus, Star Gold, Star Bharat, Rishtey Europe, Zee TV, &TV, MTV Beats, Islam Channel English, Brit Asia TV, Zee Punjabi, Rishtey Cineplex, COLORS & SONY MAX. (Phew thank heavens for copy & paste.) - Suggesting that each of these channels should currently be available to all VM subscribers.
Virgin Media Preview (Channel 100) has confirmed all the channels listed will be with us until October 22nd.

Before going back to as before.

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Have all the DNP been revealed? Was it anything juicy?
We now have over 8 DNP orders.

Here is some rumours we have been told. (Some may not like this)

-BT Sports to be removed from the old XL Pack (When old deal is up).
-But both AMC and BoxNation may launch on the BT Sport package.
-An well known broadcaster is up for sale.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 16-10-2017, 17:24   #3025
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

Not good news as that will not go down well with many unless they have a big surprise lined up.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

Quote:

Well if some like boxing then maybe having that in a sub might get a few on board with their other bouquet of sports channels..

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

Quote:

Any clues MB.?

---------- Post added at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

Quote:

Rumours as we know have a habit of going off the rails so one will be keeping a weary eye on how many of these DNP's come true.
Old 16-10-2017, 17:26   #3026
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Any clues MB.?
Nope.

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Quote:
Rumours as we know have a habit of going off the rails so one will be keeping a weary eye on how many of these DNP's come true.
Some of the DNP are about new channels coming - we will not name them until JJ20X confirmed they are testing.

One of them will launch when Virgin updated all they V6 or TiVo Boxes.
Old 16-10-2017, 18:01   #3027
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
BT Sports to be removed from the old XL Pack (When old deal is up).
Does anyone have any figures on the take up of sky sports on Virgin? & the amount of Full House customers?
I just cant see them getting anywhere near the amount of viewers on virgin if they do it. Advertisers will be paying less aswell and UEFA will be be even more embarrassed by the champions league viewing figures.

To get BT Sport on sky its £27.99 HD and 22.99 SD

If it does come off XL it will have to at least stay in VIP and possibly a new sport package.

From there last Q2 results
Quote:
Our TV customer base continues to grow with TV net adds of 8,000 taking our base to 1.8m with all of our customers now
migrated from our legacy Vision TV platform to YouView.
BT Sport’s average audience figures increased 9%, excluding Showcase and digital channels, boosted by the showing of two
European finals and the America’s Cup. Around 7m viewers watched the UEFA Champions League final across all of our TV
platform and digital channels, an increase of 12% compared with last year, and around 6.5m people viewed Manchester United
winning the UEFA Europa League final.
I believe BT Sport get most TV (not using web app) viewers from Virgin. I don't know anyone with Sky that also takes BT sport on a sky box they normally use a friends or family members account to view it online. I'm so surprised they haven't made you register devices like Virgin anywhere and Sky Go do.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion

Last edited by TMLeafs; 16-10-2017 at 18:04.
Old 16-10-2017, 19:16   #3028
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Thumbs down Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
Does anyone have any figures on the take up of sky sports on Virgin? & the amount of Full House customers?
I just cant see them getting anywhere near the amount of viewers on virgin if they do it. Advertisers will be paying less aswell and UEFA will be be even more embarrassed by the champions league viewing figures.

To get BT Sport on sky its £27.99 HD and 22.99 SD

If it does come off XL it will have to at least stay in VIP and possibly a new sport package.

From there last Q2 results

I believe BT Sport get most TV (not using web app) viewers from Virgin. I don't know anyone with Sky that also takes BT sport on a sky box they normally use a friends or family members account to view it online. I'm so surprised they haven't made you register devices like Virgin anywhere and Sky Go do.

Before I moved to Virgin, I used to get BT sports on the sky platform - I had BT infinity broadband so originally got sports for free, this gradually changed to a discounted price.

I currently have the top virgin to bundle and don't expect to pay anymore to get BT sports!

There is a limit to how much anyone can be expected to pay to watch tv
Old 16-10-2017, 23:33   #3029
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

October List update - October 16th update.

Keep up-to-date on the latest news on upcoming channel launches and other important events across all platforms of Virgin Media UK and Virgin Media Ireland.

NOTE: I DO NOT WORK FOR VIRGIN MEDIA UK OR VIRGIN MEDIA IRELAND SO ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS LIST IS STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Colours on my list are as followed:

Media Boy = New Info just added.
Media Boy = Virgin Media UK/Ireland News and links.
Media Boy = Local TV news, other Media news/Things.

=== Coming up on Virgin's Digital TV ===
=== Freeviews on Virgin Media UK OR Ireland ===
-Star Gold, Star Plus, Star Bharat, Sony TV, Sony Max, Zee TV, Zee Cinema, Zee Punjabi, B4U Movies, NDTV Good Times and NDTV Spice are all having an freeview to all Customers on Virgin UK Channels 801, 803, 804, 805, 806, 809, 810, 812, 815, 829 and 837 right now untill October 22nd 2017.
-Cartoon Network, Cartoonito, Nickelodeon, Boomerang, Pop, Tiny Pop and TV5 are all having an freeview to all Customers on Virgin UK Channels 704, 706, 712, 730, 736, 737 and 825 right now untill October 31st 2017.
-CBS Reality, Horror, CBS Action, CBS Drama, CBS Reality +1 and Horror +1 are all having an freeview to all Customers on Virgin UK Channels 148, 149, 192, 197, 201 and 202 right now untill December 31st 2017.

=== Sometime in 2017 (Testing or Confirm) ===
-Virgin Media Ireland will launch Cartoon Network HD soon.

=== October ===
21st. Comcast will rebrand Movies 24 as Christmas 24 on Virgin UK Channel 419.
21st. Comcast will rebrand Movies 24 + as Christmas 24 + on Virgin UK Channel 420.

=== November ===
1st. Viacom will rebrand Nick Jr. Peppa as Nick Jr. Too on Virgin UK Channel 716.
4th. Sky Cinema will rebrand Sky Cinema Animation HD as Sky Cinema Family HD on Virgin UK Channel 406 and Virgin Ireland Channel 333.
4th. Sky Cinema will rebrand Sky Cinema Animation as Sky Cinema Family on Virgin UK Channel 436 and Virgin Ireland Channel 304.
-BBC Wales to launch BBC Radio Cymru 2 soon on Virgin UK Channel TBC.

=== December ===
No News...

=== January 2018 ===
6th. Sony will rebrand True Christmas as True Movies on Virgin UK Channel 424 and Virgin Ireland Channel 329.
-Comcast will rebrand Christmas 24 as Movies 24 on Virgin UK Channel 419.
-Comcast will rebrand Christmas 24 + as Movies 24 + on Virgin UK Channel 420.

=== February 2018 ===
No News...

=== March 2018 ===
No News...

=== April 2018 ===
No News...

=== May 2018 ===
No News...

=== June 2018 ===
No News...

=== July 2018 ===
No News...

=== August 2018 ===
No News...

=== Autumn 2018 ===
-BBC Scotland to launch BBC Scotland on Virgin UK Channel TBC.

=== September 2018 ===
No News...

=== October 2018 ===
No News...

=== November 2018 ===
No News...

=== December 2018 ===
No News...

=== Unknown dates ===
-The BBC hope to launch English regional variants of its existing BBC One HD service as well as Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland editions of BBC Two HD - but still need to be approved by the BBC Trust.

=== Channels ONLY in Virgin Media Ireland areas ===
List last updated on January 5th 2017.

ONLY TV CHANNELS THAT ONLY BROADCAST IN THE UK ON OTHER NETWORKS WILL APPEAR ON THIS PART OF THE LIST.

ALSO THE FOLLOWING LIST OF CHANNELS IS CURRENTLY BROADCASTING ON VIRGIN MEDIA IRELAND BUT NOT ON VIRGIN MEDIA UK:

Documentaries/News:
-History HD
-Crime + Investigation HD
-RT

Lifestyle:
-Fashion TV

Music:
-MTV Classic

Kids:
-Disney Channel HD

Specialist:
-EWTN

Radio:
-UCB Ireland

Channels only in Virgin Media Ireland areas.

©copyright 2017 Media Boy 2006 - 2017. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.

==== Virgin Media's Deals with broadcasters ===
Full list now at: http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/p...adcasters.html

This part of list has now moved to my blog - follow link.

=== What is Media Boy on about??? ===
Here is what I mean when I post the following on Cable Forum:

Virgin Sources - means just that.
'Do Not Post' order - means an Virgin insider has given me some info on things that set to happen but has told me not to reveal it right now.

=== Media Boy Extra info: ===
Liberty Global - http://www.lgi.com/
Media Boy Blog - For all things Virgin UK and Ireland - http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/
Follow Virgin Media UK on ''twitter'' here - http://twitter.com/virginmedia
Follow Virgin Media Ireland on ''twitter'' here - https://twitter.com/VirginMediaIE
See Nialli's blog on Virgin Media High Definition & TiVo Services here - http://vmhd.blogspot.com/

=== Ask Media Boy ===
Last updated January 5th 2017.

Q: WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT VIRGIN MEDIA FROM?
A: Media Boy HQ gets all info from Virgin Media UK viewers, some Virgin Media UK workers (I called them Virgin UK Sources) and Web Sites (NOTE: When I used web sites I will post an link to that web site).

Q: WHY HAVE YOU ADDED 'ONLY IN VIRGIN MEDIA IRELAND AREAS' AND INFORMATION ON VIRGIN MEDIA IRELAND ON THIS THREAD IS FOR VIRGIN MEDIA UK?
A: Virgin Media Ireland is now part of Virgin Media and are both owned by Liberty Global. And you voted for Media Boy HQ to join both Virgin Media UK and Virgin Media Ireland threads from January 2016.

Q: WHY AM I NOT GETTING ''DISNEY CHANNEL HD'' FOR?
A: Disney Channel HD is only broadcasting in Virgin Media Ireland areas right now.

==== See you later ===
List last updated on October 16th 2017.

Next update: TBC.

A) If Virgin Media UK/Ireland are set to launch more than TWO channels (TV or Radio) in Virgin Media UK/Ireland areas.
B) If Virgin Media UK/Ireland are set to move more than TWO channels (TV or Radio) about in Virgin Media UK/Ireland areas.
C) If Virgin Media UK/Ireland are set to close or repackage more then TWO channels (TV or Radio) in Virgin Media UK/Ireland areas.

©copyright 2017 Media Boy 2006 - 2017. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Old 17-10-2017, 01:45   #3030
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Nope.

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Some of the DNP are about new channels coming - we will not name them until JJ20X confirmed they are testing.

One of them will launch when Virgin updated all they V6 or TiVo Boxes.
Does any of this include UHD material,
Closed Thread