Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2016/2017

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2016/2017

Old 28-09-2016, 11:58   #331
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: Football Season 2016/2017

for what its worth I still class the Telegraph a a quality paper, along with the Times and the Grouniad.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2016, 13:28   #332
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
All behind the paywall where the vast majority of people cannot access them...
That's probably why they're good. Because they get paid a flat fee for access to content they're not encouraged to produce click-bait content. They get customers by having good content over the course of a month rather than trying to product as many pages as possible, attracting as many viewers as possible for as cheap as possible. It costs far less to do a 'Top 5 reasons why Game of Thrones is like the Labour party' than do a long-form piece about corruption in the link between the public and private sectors which no one will read.

Also journalism costs money. Advertising is not magic. One of the biggest mistakes of recent years was newspapers giving away content for free in the hope they would get some of the internet money.

Now you have hyper-partisan alternative news sources from the left (Canary etc) and the right (Breitbait) that have no connection to any idea of journalistic standard or much concern for what's actually true and it's turning us all into conspiracy theorists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
for what its worth I still class the Telegraph a a quality paper, along with the Times and the Grouniad.
The Telegraph and The Guardian have become a lot more clickbaity IMO and have been firing a lot of journalists.

Last edited by Damien; 28-09-2016 at 13:31.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 15:25   #333
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Off course if you buy the hard copy of the Telegraph like I do then you don't get 'click baited'.
Old 28-09-2016, 16:33   #334
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Ravel Morrison posts cryptic tweet presumably about Allardyce.

Guess he finally gets some form of Justice. Shame Mark Curtis goes generally unpunished. Wonder if Sham sues the Telegraph like he sued the BBC all those years ago. Plead innocent, apparently lawyered up then bottled it. Guilty as they come.

I feel for Ravel. He honestly looked like he was turning it round only to be utterly shafted by Allardyce, Nolan and Curtis. Utter *********.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 28-09-2016 at 16:39.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 16:35   #335
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

"entrapment has won"
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 19:15   #336
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Apparently he'll be getting a £1m pay off - not bad for one match in charge and an 'error of judgement' eh?...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7334636.html
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 19:29   #337
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Always something with him. He'll be back in a job by Christmas, canvassing players to sign with his agent for squad roles. Knob.

As for England, Interim manager with Wenger the replacement in the long term. Get it done

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 28-09-2016 at 19:36.
Old 28-09-2016, 19:55   #338
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Alan Pardew is another of the favorites but with The Telegraph ready to name another 8 Premier League managers I suspect the FA will be wary. Wenger is one of the few who I would imagine is going to be one of the least likely to be implicated.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 20:06   #339
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Always something with him. He'll be back in a job by Christmas, canvassing players to sign with his agent for squad roles. Knob.

As for England, Interim manager with Wenger the replacement in the long term. Get it done
Not as a manager he won't ,he's poison now and i doubt very much the FA will let him manage a club
Old 28-09-2016, 20:14   #340
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

He's always been poison though, it's just now that it's a big scoop, the justice seeked by many for years has been dished out. But I wouldn't like to see him back in management, Allardyce and Curtis should be allowed nowhere near the game. Disgraceful, the pair of them.

The managers yet to outed weren't stung though, this all comes from the gob of super match fixing Pino so unless he or anyone else can uncover or provide evidence other than his gob then it might just turn into nothing.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 28-09-2016 at 20:18.
Old 28-09-2016, 20:19   #341
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
He's always been poison though, it's just now that it's a big scoop, the justice seeked by many for years has been dished out. But I wouldn't like to see him back in management, Allardyce and Curtis should be allowed nowhere near the game. Disgraceful, the pair of them.
I agree totally ,i would suggest the only job in football available to him would be as an agent ,but that would be like giving an arsonist a box of matches
Old 28-09-2016, 20:21   #342
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I agree totally ,i would suggest the only job in football available to him would be as an agent ,but that would be like giving an arsonist a box of matches

Genius
Old 28-09-2016, 22:58   #343
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Great game at Celtic Park.

Seems to have be a lot of missed/saved penalties last night and tonight.
Old 28-09-2016, 22:59   #344
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Wenger in charge of England. Are you having a laugh. I would go for Harry, or even Poch of Spurs. Look what he has done at Tottenham.

No the game is riddles in corruption. Look at Gobblelar, who took a back hander as a Keeper.

I think that Sam has kicked himself in the goolies, and no club will have him - could be abroad though.

The trouble is now there is so much money in football. And Agents are con artist anyway.

No its got be Harry for me.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 23:52   #345
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Harry, he has more skeletons in his cupboard than Fred West.

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Some pretty damning stuff on the way, Jimmy Floyd, Tommy Wright, Massimo the Leeds owner all outed tomorrow.