Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Blasted EPG errors

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Blasted EPG errors

Old 22-08-2016, 18:09   #76
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: Blasted EPG errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Which obviously as Spider states is not there currently because of a network fault NK.
Is there any update on this? Lots of people looking at holiday next week with the Bank Holiday and will be unable to programme any recordings on BBC, ITV, Five channels etc without the EPG. Clock is ticking, Virgin...
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-08-2016, 18:36   #77
veeemmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Is there any update on this? Lots of people looking at holiday next week with the Bank Holiday and will be unable to programme any recordings on BBC, ITV, Five channels etc without the EPG. Clock is ticking, Virgin...
Fix not expected for at least another 24 hours according to VM. (seems to be on a rolling 24 hours timeframe) I seem to remember something very similar happened a couple of years ago and it took a long time to fix and that caused ongoing problems over a bank holiday weekend too.

EDIT: At least we now know it is NOT the epg updates causing the dreadfully slow menu faults.

Last edited by veeemmm; 22-08-2016 at 18:39.
Old 22-08-2016, 19:18   #78
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Is there any update on this?
It's being worked on as a matter a very high priority, but it's clearly not a simple fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeemmm View Post
Fix not expected for at least another 24 hours according to VM.
You can treat those estimates with a huge bucket of salt. They are automatically generated. They work OK for common faults like power loss to street cabinets, but not for things like this.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 19:22   #79
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Well my partner has just checked it and sadly the fault is still with us it seems.
Old 22-08-2016, 19:29   #80
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Strange that channel 4, +1, and HD are unaffected, but E4, More4, and 4Seven are.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 06:37   #81
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

It looks like the problems have been sorted out now looking at the EPG this morning.
Old 23-08-2016, 08:10   #82
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
It looks like the problems have been sorted out now looking at the EPG this morning.
Yep - looks like it's been fixed
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 16:10   #83
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

My box rebooted itself twice, the last being 3am. Not sure if this had anything to do with it.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 18:48   #84
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Anyone else finding that there are sometimes delays whilst scrolling forwards on the EPG?

It also dropped a recording again this morning that doesn't have a repeat. Good job I noticed as these dropped programmes don't appear in 'Recording Hiccups'

Another poster has said that the lack of EPG updates has surfaced again and that CS told him that "it will sort itself out in 48 hours".

Tough luck then for anyone wanting to set off for the weekend.
Old 25-08-2016, 19:19   #85
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Anyone else finding that there are sometimes delays whilst scrolling forwards on the EPG?

It also dropped a recording again this morning that doesn't have a repeat. Good job I noticed as these dropped programmes don't appear in 'Recording Hiccups'

Another poster has said that the lack of EPG updates has surfaced again and that CS told him that "it will sort itself out in 48 hours".

Unfortunately, Richard, in this digital age, technical problems will occur. It will be interesting to hear what you have to say about Sky over the coming months!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 19:28   #86
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Indeed nothing is perfect in life that is for sure.
Old 25-08-2016, 20:41   #87
veeemmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

EDIT; Sorry thought you were talking about Planned Recordings not EPG Guide. Trying to multitask with broken Tivo and dodgy broadband and signing up to Sky.

Yes, it will slowly paint the screen but with blank lines instead of the text. I thought I would just check it for you now but the spinning circles and C501 errors from a couple of nights ago have just returned. There are several new bugs to do with scheduling and conflicts since the update but I am past caring about them now and it's not like they will ever get fixed if we take the time to document them. If they use the same software with more than 3 tuners I can imagine it being horrendous from a users perspective. Especially with "All channels" and poor EPG data.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeemmm View Post
EDIT; Sorry thought you were talking about Planned Recordings not EPG Guide. Trying to multitask with broken Tivo and dodgy broadband and signing up to Sky.

Yes, it will slowly paint the screen but with blank lines instead of the text. I thought I would just check it for you now but the spinning circles and C501 errors from a couple of nights ago have just returned. There are several new bugs to do with scheduling and conflicts since the update but I am past caring about them now and it's not like they will ever get fixed if we take the time to document them. If they use the same software with more than 3 tuners I can imagine it being horrendous from a users perspective. Especially with "All channels" and poor EPG data.
Here we go again:

We know of 2 issues in your area
Customers experiencing a Network Availability error message on the Home Screen with code c501

Reference no: F004704888

Fix estimate
26 August 11:00
Old 16-10-2016, 16:52   #88
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Now the stupid idea that Channel 5 has of sticking a news item in the middle of a film showing has my OH spitting because he only got half of Django Unchained because the V+ seems incapable of knowing the film is in two parts..
Old 16-10-2016, 17:26   #89
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Now the stupid idea that Channel 5 has of sticking a news item in the middle of a film showing has my OH spitting because he only got half of Django Unchained because the V+ seems incapable of knowing the film is in two parts..
I noticed that too Maggy. What they often do is set up a Series Link to get it to record both parts.

A film with no ending is especially problematic as they are often not available on Catch Up due to rights issues.

Another thing I've noticed a few times is that the programme lengths are incorrect eg an hour long programme is marked down as being two and a half hours long, causing uneccesary clashes on the TiVo.

Also, sometimes the programme duration is marked down incorrectly, even though the actual length is correct.
Old 25-10-2016, 12:07   #90
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I thought I was cracking up yesterday.

The new Walking Dead episode was supposed to have recorded overnight. No sign of it, and no errors shown. So I set it to record at 9 pm. It didn't record. The error shown was "duplicate". A quick look at "upcoming episodes" showed it being repeated at 11pm after The Talking Dead. Nope it showed The Walking Dead title but was in fact The Talking Dead. Then I noticed it had also recorded The Walking Dead automatically... and was another recording of the Talking Dead!!!

I've set it to record again not as a series link, let's hope it works!
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote