Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Blasted EPG errors

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Blasted EPG errors

Old 12-05-2016, 07:52   #16
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Blasted EPG errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
i never mentioned Tivo anywhere in my post.
Sorry, I thought you were referring to heavyside's reference to the Tivo in the previous post.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2016, 08:40   #17
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Seems to me that some channels arbitrarilly alter their schedules at the last minute so TV mags as well as the EPG(s) are all wrong. Not sure what they achive by this as people who want to watch the alternative being offered don't know it's on and those who were looking forward to the published programmes are also peed off as well.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:48   #18
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Seems to me that some channels arbitrarilly alter their schedules at the last minute so TV mags as well as the EPG(s) are all wrong. Not sure what they achive by this as people who want to watch the alternative being offered don't know it's on and those who were looking forward to the published programmes are also peed off as well.

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Virgin media yesterdays technology - today.

Bless! When we all know ALL new technology can go tits up without a seconds notice.

Anyway it matters not when all the info given out says one show is about to be shown but in actual fact ANOTHER show has been scheduled..and that's down to human error.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:57   #19
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

Bless! When we all know ALL new technology can go tits up without a seconds notice.

Anyway it matters not when all the info given out says one show is about to be shown but in actual fact ANOTHER show has been scheduled..and that's down to human error.
Very true i've experienced it many a time, i might rip into vm but in fairness i will say fairplay to them sticking to what works, well half works lol until they get things right with anything new they launch.
Many companies launch new stuff full of bugs (i'm looking at you EA and Activision) so credit where credit is due to vm for waiting a bit until they get it at least half right.
Back on topic anyway a site i use is tvguide.co.uk it normally is pretty good and updates almost instantly if anything changes, i haven't see GRIMM scheduled yet but week before last it did take a break at USA pace too, maybe this is why W ren't showing it this week? As i think W are quite close to USA pace now.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 14:21   #20
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
You mean a bit like the BBC arbitrarily moving Wimbledon matches from BBC2 > BBC1 and generally messing around with the 6-8pm schedule?...
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 14:26   #21
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
But the thread is about V+
Maggy used to have a V+, so I'm assuming that we're talking about the V+ EPG, but she may have upgraded to TiVo, which is a different EPG.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 20:14   #22
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Maggy used to have a V+, so I'm assuming that we're talking about the V+ EPG, but she may have upgraded to TiVo, which is a different EPG.
As the thread is highlighted as a V+ one then that sounds reasonable.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 22:36   #23
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I still have a V+HD .I'm not yet ready to pay to upgrade to a Tivo of any sort as my bill is high enough already..
Old 16-05-2016, 14:50   #24
kirk1690
Inactive

Services: Tivo . Virgin 200 tvL. Virgin Landline, Sky HD variety pack movies and sport.
kirk1690 has a spectacular aura about themkirk1690 has a spectacular aura about themkirk1690 has a spectacular aura about themkirk1690 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Getting sick of how many times the EPG is inaccurate in recent days..It's getting so I can't trust it at all.Can't find any info on it anywhere.Is anyone else finding that the programmes shown aren't the ones advertised both in the EPG or in Radio Times.

Specifically I can't find if the last 3 episodes of Grimm are going to be shown at any point.What I'm getting is a series on a maternity unit.

Just been informed that it's not being shown this week..despite being advertised in the Radio Times.However it's been happening with a couple of other shows so my complaint still stands.
yep I posted about this years ago on virgin forums ,advice from virgin was to keep a record of mistakes and email them .aye right
kirk1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 16:28   #25
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I still have a V+HD .I'm not yet ready to pay to upgrade to a Tivo of any sort as my bill is high enough already..
Looks like you only have about six months left of the V+.

I've read on here that those forced to migrate don't have to pay the £5 per month TiVo fee.

Other staff have said that there is no difference to the charges as those on any other TV package than XL pay a £5 V+ fee anyway.

For those on XL, the V+ fee is waived, but this is not the case with the TiVo fee. However, it has been pointed out that the better discounts for TiVo within multiple product packages will usually cover the TiVo fee and more.

In short, it depends on what TV package you're on and what other VM services you take too.
Old 22-05-2016, 13:51   #26
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Looks like you only have about six months left of the V+.

I've read on here that those forced to migrate don't have to pay the £5 per month TiVo fee.

Other staff have said that there is no difference to the charges as those on any other TV package than XL pay a £5 V+ fee anyway.

For those on XL, the V+ fee is waived, but this is not the case with the TiVo fee. However, it has been pointed out that the better discounts for TiVo within multiple product packages will usually cover the TiVo fee and more.

In short, it depends on what TV package you're on and what other VM services you take too.
Just read a post by SP to say that it's only the SA V+ that's going by the end of the head- not the Samsung.
Old 22-05-2016, 15:37   #27
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Earlier programming (football?) caused Casualty to be transmitted late last evening. EPG didn't know this of course.

There must have been high demand for it later on BBC iPlayer as it did not offer HD or subtitles.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2016, 16:11   #28
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I was affected by this too.

Luckily, I was at home whilst recording the film 'Dream House' or it would have chopped off the ending.

As I realised that programmes were overrunning I created a manual recording for the extra 15 mins at the end.

The Michael McIntyre programme started just as it was scheduled to finish!

I don't know how they managed to make up most of the time by the end of the broadcasting day for BBC1.
Old 24-05-2016, 10:27   #29
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Earlier programming (football?) caused Casualty to be transmitted late last evening. EPG didn't know this of course.

There must have been high demand for it later on BBC iPlayer as it did not offer HD or subtitles.
Yes - if the program you set to record has the "live" (or whatever) flag, then you get prompted to add extra time. Great stuff. If you are recording subsequent programs, whose start time may well get delayed, there's no such flag. I guess this falls under the dynamic-EPG argument, but has long been a frustration of mine too.

As for iPlayer in HD, I've noticed that programs will sometimes become available in SD within a few hours, but HD can take a bit longer. It's only when I've been trying to watch BBC Scottish news mid-evening that this has been noticeable.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2016, 13:25   #30
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I was affected by this too.

Luckily, I was at home whilst recording the film 'Dream House' or it would have chopped off the ending.

As I realised that programmes were overrunning I created a manual recording for the extra 15 mins at the end.

The Michael McIntyre programme started just as it was scheduled to finish!

I don't know how they managed to make up most of the time by the end of the broadcasting day for BBC1.
Probably make it up when bbc1 moves to bbc news throughout the night.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote