Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rumor: UK 80 gig PS3 by summer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

European PS3 Platinum Range

Old 25-03-2008, 16:52   #1
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads
European PS3 Platinum Range

Due for release this Autumn.

Source
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-03-2008, 17:30   #2
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: European PS3 Platinum Range

What's happening with the European Store? Japan and America seem be getting loads of good PS1 games! MGS for Japan even! I am liking the PS3 more and more but this combined with few games exclusive for the PS3 is still holding me back
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 17:35   #3
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
What's happening with the European Store? Japan and America seem be getting loads of good PS1 games! MGS for Japan even!
I got quite a few PS1 classics. Crash 1 & Crash Team Racing, Mortal Kombat (2 I think) and Cool Boarders. It is annoying that we are missing out on so many great classics. I think they have also added Syphon Filter for download too. Will have a check after. It's been ages since I visited that store tbh.
Old 25-03-2008, 20:57   #4
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
What's happening with the European Store? Japan and America seem be getting loads of good PS1 games! MGS for Japan even! I am liking the PS3 more and more but this combined with few games exclusive for the PS3 is still holding me back
Think I read somewere we may be gettin MGS soon to get you ready for MGS4. Also alot of the European consoles dont have the backward compatability and this is probably whats causeing them to not release here.

Nice find BTW Cerberus
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 21:28   #5
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

I also heard that in Japan, they are releasing a steel version of the PS3 with MGS4.

icestar2 - I think it is due to backwards compatability, but hopefuly with more updates, they can address this issue.

Steel Ps3

First picture I have seen of it and it doesn't look that great tbh. Would love the satin silver version.

Also (slightly o/t) you can get skins for your PS3 here
Old 25-03-2008, 21:40   #6
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Also (slightly o/t) you can get skins for your PS3 here
Funny you should mention that as I was thinking about gettin one soon. there are some great looking ones. Have a look here the prices seem much better than most other places I've looked.

http://www.consoleshop.com/home.php?cat=322
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 21:45   #7
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Now that is a sweet find. Was looking on Google for a UK shop. Time to get the old credit card out. My PS3 is becoming slightly scratched and I don't know how.

Some of the camo skins look cool, but I am tempted to get the Union Jack one.
Old 26-03-2008, 00:31   #8
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
What's happening with the European Store?
It sucks

I've said in other threads, I think Sony actually treats Europe worse than Nintendo does, as surprising as that sounds.

It is slowly getting better (although emphasis on the "slowly").

In the meantime...

You can easily create a US or Japanese PSN account to access the US/JPN stores & download demos etc. etc., but I don't think you can use one to actually buy stuff though (as you are unlikely to have an American or Japanese credit card!)

US account: Just make one using a valid US address, & a different email address to your main account.

Japanese account: As above (but a Japanese address). And as it's all in Japanese when you sign up... http://www.japanesepsn.com/

The game situation for the PS3 is much better than it used to be. Plus it's also one of the best Blu-ray players available, & is also far far quieter than my 360 Elite. Still glad I got mine - even though I already have a 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Now that is a sweet find. Was looking on Google for a UK shop. Time to get the old credit card out. My PS3 is becoming slightly scratched and I don't know how.

I think the ultra-shiny surface is quite scratch prone . I've given mine a few minor ones simply from dusting the glossy black beast (& it's a major dust & fingerprint magnet too).
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 00:53   #9
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
You can easily create a US or Japanese PSN account to access the US/JPN stores & download demos etc. etc., but I don't think you can use one to actually buy stuff though (as you are unlikely to have an American or Japanese credit card!)

US account: Just make one using a valid US address, & a different email address to your main account.

Japanese account: As above (but a Japanese address). And as it's all in Japanese when you sign up... http://www.japanesepsn.com/
You can use a British credit card from what I've been told. Who's to say you're not a British citizen in the US or Japan with a British CC? I am sure I have heard people downloading the Japanese version of GT5 Prologue using this method. If illegal, I wouldn't condone it though, but I am sure there is no law against it. If I remeber rightly I am sure that a post to this affect was on the UK Playstation 3 forums.

Games are getting better and it's a bum deal that all companies including Ninty and M$ treat Europe as the last in line. I think we should start seeing more global releases as we do with movies.

In relation to my scratches, I think it's because I have tried to buff it up after dusting it, to take my fingerprints off it. That's years of being in the army trying to bull up my boots.

I am getting a skin for it, but undecided as to which one yet.
Old 27-03-2008, 11:20   #10
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I am tempted to get one, properly in a few months what with the rumors of a new SKU. Hopefully a price drop too. By then a few more games will be out such as MGS4.

Quote:
Games are getting better and it's a bum deal that all companies including Ninty and M$ treat Europe as the last in line. I think we should start seeing more global releases as we do with movies.
Nintendo have got a lot better at this actually, Mario Kart Wii is out at the same time, might even be Europe first! MS have never been that bad, the only thing that really gets delayed is the video content and that's more to do with licencing.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote