Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Remote Control not working but not battery problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Remote Control not working but not battery problem

Old 04-10-2016, 16:40   #1
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

Pea-Pod is on a distinguished roadPea-Pod is on a distinguished road
Remote Control not working but not battery problem

For some reason some buttons are not working when attempting to use my remote to control the Tivo. I have replaced with new batteries but the same buttons don't respond, yet some do. For instance I can turn the volume up but not down from the remote...I can fast forward but not rewind. Also the number s 1-7 don't work but 8 & 9 do. So is it just a faulty remote and can you have another one sent out? Can it be done online or by email, I don't fancy phoning and waiting in long queues.
Pea-Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2016, 16:56   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Remote Control not working but not battery problem

Which remote is it (TiVo, V+, etc.), and how old is it.

My TiVo remote had the same problem recently, I changed the batteries, still the same issue, so I contacted VM Customer Services and they send me a replacement.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 17:02   #3
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

It's a TiVo remote. I've had it since the TiVo's were rolled out probably about 5-6 years I think. I think I'll contact VM and ask for a replacement. I just wanted to know if it was a common issue, thanks.
Old 04-10-2016, 17:05   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

That's about the same age mine was, so probably it's the same thing.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 18:55   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Yes, your remote is faulty. You'll need to call in, but it should be painless.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 19:22   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Yes, your remote is faulty. You'll need to call in, but it should be painless.
LOL - Good one
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 20:16   #7
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

I got a new one sent out using the online chat thing on the Virgin site.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 21:29   #8
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-Pod View Post
For some reason some buttons are not working when attempting to use my remote to control the Tivo. I have replaced with new batteries but the same buttons don't respond, yet some do. For instance I can turn the volume up but not down from the remote...I can fast forward but not rewind. Also the number s 1-7 don't work but 8 & 9 do. So is it just a faulty remote and can you have another one sent out? Can it be done online or by email, I don't fancy phoning and waiting in long queues.

In case you're not aware the TV anywhere app has a remote feature. Can be downloaded to most smartphones/tablets. Handy if your remote is misbehaving or hiding
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:56   #9
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

One way of checking your remote is doing something to use the phone camera: Point it at the remote and operate the keys, you should see a white flicker from the remotes LED(s) on the phone. (Camera is responsive to infra red)
Old 08-10-2016, 18:01   #10
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
In case you're not aware the TV anywhere app has a remote feature. Can be downloaded to most smartphones/tablets. Handy if your remote is misbehaving or hiding
Yep I used this in the interim, very handy, it just takes a while to reconnect after you haven't used the app for a few minutes.

I got my new remote today, so kudos to VM they were pretty quick with sending it out, plus batteries. Nice to have something free for once. Still in two minds to stay after continuing price increases but that's for another thread.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:57   #11
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-Pod View Post
Yep I used this in the interim, very handy, it just takes a while to reconnect after you haven't used the app for a few minutes.

I got my new remote today, so kudos to VM they were pretty quick with sending it out, plus batteries. Nice to have something free for once. Still in two minds to stay after continuing price increases but that's for another thread.
Sky raises prices too!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote