Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [MERGED] Poll: Same Sex civil marriages, yes or no.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

[MERGED] Poll: Same Sex civil marriages, yes or no.
View Poll Results: Should same sex civil marriage be allowed?
Yes 83 62.88%
No 42 31.82%
Undecided 7 5.30%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-01-2012, 23:50   #31
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
re: [MERGED] Poll: Same Sex civil marriages, yes or no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
what religious people the most intolerant in our society?
i never saw that coming
God said no. they're just going by that ruling.
it may sound selfish, but if God never made the rule in the first place then we wouldn't have that problem.

the problem would be just down to personal opinion and prejudices I suppose.

---------- Post added at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I actually find most religious people quite accepting these days.. It's the prats on a night out who think they can cure me who are more irritating...
I bet they're all men.
have you ever been tempted to be cured?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2012, 23:52   #32
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Guys, a little respect please. I set up this thread for the poll. If it descends into petty slagging off of religious people, I'll ask for it to be closed.
Old 31-01-2012, 09:34   #33
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
I actually find most religious people quite accepting these days.. It's the prats on a night out who think they can cure me who are more irritating...

Most of the "religious groups" who are against gays tend to be the groups who actually have no idea what Christianity means.. It's like comparing the Taliban to most Muslims
Well Said!!!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 10:38   #34
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Guys, a little respect please. I set up this thread for the poll. If it descends into petty slagging off of religious people, I'll ask for it to be closed.
That's like saying you can vote but you can't discuss one of the major factors behind the reason as to why LGB (not sure where the T comes into a sexual preference) can not currently marry..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 10:50   #35
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Which will be fine if that is where it stays but unfortunately some have to drag every religious annoyance into the thread to the point that the original topic becomes lost.
Old 31-01-2012, 11:02   #36
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

There's currently 3 reasons as to why LGB persons can not engage in same sex marriages..
  1. Historical - People don't like changing what has been for many centuries..
  2. Religion - Interpretation of the bible though with priests (gay or not) now becoming more and more willing to perform same sex religious marriages without the civil signing.
  3. Homophobic - Groups that include political, religious and others who use a so called group for the reason behind their actions (The Phelps & Westboro church for example) and trying to hide their own hatred.

Most will use the first two reasons behind their call for not wanting same sex marriages without truly understanding their own viewpoint.
Old 31-01-2012, 11:04   #37
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i have voted yes
if two people love each other enough to commit themselves to marriage i can see no valid reason to stand in their way .
Anytime I see polls or discussions on this matter, I'm reminded of this awesome short sketch from the "West Wing" Tv series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1-ip47WYWc

And I feel sorry for the 15 who voted no, it's a shame in this day and age, that people look down apon or disapprove the love shared between two indiivduals.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 11:21   #38
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
That's like saying you can vote but you can't discuss one of the major factors behind the reason as to why LGB (not sure where the T comes into a sexual preference) can not currently marry..
To be honest this thread ought to be merged with the "nasty homophobic bishop" one.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 11:29   #39
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
To be honest this thread ought to be merged with the "nasty homophobic bishop" one.
That's a very anti-anti-religious viewpoint
Old 31-01-2012, 11:37   #40
Fawkes
Inactive

Services: VM: 120M Broadband, TV + Landline
Fawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond repute

I voted yes. If two people want to marry why insist they be of a different gender. Although why people feel the need to marry is beyond me. Just loving each other should be enough.

My advice to the 15 that voted no, don't marry someone of the same gender if you're against gay marriage. But why stop others from doing it?

I think that is at the heart of so many problems in our society. Live your life how you choose and let others do the same.
Old 31-01-2012, 11:44   #41
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post

My advice to the 15 that voted no, don't marry someone of the same gender if you're against gay marriage. But why stop others from doing it?

I think that is at the heart of so many problems in our society. Live your life how you choose and let others do the same.
I voted no but I have not said I wanted any laws changed or that I wantto prevent anything. There is a big difference and people need to realise this.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 11:49   #42
Fawkes
Inactive

Fawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I voted no but I have not said I wanted any laws changed or that I wantto prevent anything. There is a big difference and people need to realise this.
So why did you vote no?
Old 31-01-2012, 11:49   #43
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Don't worry Russ. we know you're not anti gay or anything

but it does make you wonder what reason someone would have for saying no. but I think it is as I said earlier all down to religious beliefs.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 11:56   #44
Fawkes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
<SNIP>
but I think it is as I said earlier all down to religious beliefs.
Yes but you can beleave what you like, and no one forcing anyone into a gay marriage. It's when people dictate the actions of others that I have a problem.
Old 31-01-2012, 11:56   #45
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Is there a difference though... same sex marriages need a change in the law, so by saying no are you not specifying that you don't agree to a change in the law hence preventing same sex marriages?? Whatever your personal reason is for saying no is entirely up to you but I don't see any point in hiding behind a supposed technicality