Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Phone line Question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Phone line Question

Old 30-11-2011, 15:28   #1
Aqib13
Inactive

Aqib13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Phone line Question

Hello since the phone line from virgin is expensive all i want is just broadband, so basicly if i do this can i still get a different phone line from bt or something would my virgin still work?
Aqib13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2011, 15:40   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Phone line Question

Hi, you don't need to take a phone line with VM to be able to get BB. Although if you take BB you will usually get a discounted price if you take a landline or TV package as well.
Old 30-11-2011, 16:32   #3
Aqib13
Inactive

Aqib13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Would it be possible if i cud make my virgin phone line incoming calls? would i get charged for that too? because normally my bill always comes expensive to around 150 or more due to phone line
Aqib13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 19:52   #4
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

You're paying for the VM phone line (rental) however you use it.
Since you can't easily switch call carriers (only those with an 0800/0808 access number, where the rates are not quite as good as the prefix ones), you need to match your VM call package to what you use.

If you drop the phone line from them, then you lose some discount, so you don't save the whole cost of the phone line:
BB:L without phone £21 / month
BB:L with phone £13.50 a month, plus £13.90 a month = £27.40 - inc. free weekend landline & VM mobile calls

So dropping phone saves you just £6.40
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 17:39   #5
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqib13 View Post
Would it be possible if i cud make my virgin phone line incoming calls? would i get charged for that too? because normally my bill always comes expensive to around 150 or more due to phone line
you can get 200, 400 and 800 min call plans

one flat fee for 800 minutes to whatever line - mobile/abroad etc.
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:15   #6
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them

If you just take broadband you can use a voip service over the broadband. Check out vonage or voipfone for starters.
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote