Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free photos from virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Best Retention Service...ever

Old 02-04-2012, 23:34   #1
Edinburghboy
Inactive

Services: 20mb/XL
Edinburghboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Best Retention Service...ever

I rang retention today (02/04/12) to complain about the service I received from the faults department. Spoke to a lady called Rabina. Just want to say, in the four years I have been a customer, she was the best person I have ever spoken to at Virgin. She was extremely professional in her job. She spoke calmly, listened to what I had to say explained it all to me, but more importantly, calmed me down. Her voice never raised at all during our 20 minute conversation. She should be a Supervisor.

If you ever need to speak to retention, then ask for Rabina. Virgin should be proud to have an employer like her
Edinburghboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2012, 23:47   #2
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Best Retention Service...ever

I have to say that I have always had good service from anyone in 'retentions'. I always call them and not general CS. For one thing I can actually understand what they're saying
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 20:44   #3
apb27
Inactive

apb27 is on a distinguished roadapb27 is on a distinguished road

"she calmed me down"

lol

most people in retentions are pretty good i've found
apb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 21:18   #4
g0mit
George Bromfield

Services: virgin 500 bb phone xl sky Q
g0mit is an unknown quantity at this point

I have found them very helpfull
g0mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 23:57   #5
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

By and large the few times I have had need to call Customer Services they have been a credit to Virgin. The only thing I do have an issue with is the sourcing out to India for the call centre jobs. Not because I am against them having jobs, but some of the people have such thick accents that it takes a few attempts to understand each other but they are patient whilst I understand their point.

SKY CS on the other hand, they cut you off after answering the phone call; don't listen to anything you say just stick to a checklist. And then only do something when you threaten to take the complaint higher up or to someone like Watchdog!
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 15:20   #6
mullerman
cf.member

Services: Virgin 50mb,tv,phone
mullerman is on a distinguished roadmullerman is on a distinguished road

Yes retentions are pretty good but not perfect.They originally told me the package i wanted was for new customers only (not for loyal customers who have been with them from the beginning - jones cable i believe it was then called)
mullerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 13:04   #7
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

From what i've noticed with anyone I speak to at Virgin Media in the UK not india, they always try to sell me something like I called the investigations team to change my phone number and then offered to increase my broadband speed to 60mb for an extra £1.50 per month subject to a new 12 month contract. Another time I rang to remove a calling feature, they tried to sell me XL phone (Talk unlimited) from Talk Weekends for an extra £6, not been funny but isn't the same calling plan with free calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers just £4.95 on BT and £5 on Sky?
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 14:20   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Have to say never had any problems with any part of customer services. In fact overall very happy with services offered by Virgin. TiVo is another story !