Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2017/2018

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2017/2018

Old 06-12-2017, 15:24   #751
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: Season 2017/2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
mind with our current defence we're hardly going to play for a draw

???????????

Best defensive record in Premiership, Jones back soon with Bailly to follow. Lindelof starting to put it together at last, Rojo a good backup. Forgot to mention the keeper.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2017, 16:12   #752
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
???????????

Best defensive record in Premiership, Jones back soon with Bailly to follow. Lindelof starting to put it together at last, Rojo a good backup. Forgot to mention the keeper.
I shouldn't mix work and jumping in on threads, I was talking about L'pool game tonight.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 17:11   #753
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

I think Liverpool will breeze through tonight.

I need to read back as well, perhaps we could have a little sticker to show our allegiance.

Last edited by iadom; 06-12-2017 at 17:16.
Old 06-12-2017, 17:19   #754
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

I need to read back as well, perhaps we could have a little sticker to show our allegiance.
Good grief you better sit down Jim as l think you are having a fumy turn again.
Old 06-12-2017, 18:08   #755
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Hope you're right, but after the 2nd half collapse at Sevilla I'll save counting the chickens until after the game
Old 06-12-2017, 21:03   #756
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

What surprised me is not how many of the English teams have gone through, it’s the failure of the likes of Dortmund, Monaco, Athletico Madrid etc. I thought that Benfica was the main threat in Uniteds group and they where dreadful.

3-0 in under 20 minutes, even Liverpool can’t blow this one.

Last edited by iadom; 06-12-2017 at 21:06.
Old 06-12-2017, 21:13   #757
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
What surprised me is not how many of the English teams have gone through, it’s the failure of the likes of Dortmund, Monaco, Athletico Madrid etc. I thought that Benfica was the main threat in Uniteds group and they where dreadful.

Some of these teams have lost important players so perhaps that is the reason for their demise.

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Quote:

Did you not say that last time.
Old 06-12-2017, 21:44   #758
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Never a doubt in my mind
Old 06-12-2017, 22:50   #759
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Strange how I have more faith in them than you both have.

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Do you think six will be enough?

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

Well the whistle has gone now, still worried?
Old 07-12-2017, 06:03   #760
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

For that watch defence and goalkeeper and you won't go far wrong.

---------- Post added at 05:03 ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 ----------

Quote:

Well the heartrate has settled down now Jim.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:35   #761
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:

It's probably easier to have an objective opinion when you don't care what the result is
I did think we'd win (although not like that), but the Seville match had reawoken those nagging doubts.
Old 09-12-2017, 21:59   #762
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Thought the Toon where a little unlucky tonight, good end to end game all the same. They just kept giving the ball away far too often.

Great result for the boy David at the Hammers.

Will have to make an early start tomorrow afternoon. A few inches of snow already and plenty more forecast overnight. Add that to two sets of fans and all the Christmas shoppers equals a recipe for chaos.

Last edited by iadom; 09-12-2017 at 22:03.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:40   #763
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Don't believe it's unlucky. It's just the way we're set up combined with absolutely no desire from Benitez to change a thing. His substitutions and the timing of them are beyond just questionable now. He changed the formation after winning 4 in a row and now hasn't won in something like 6. Why would you change a winning formation and set up in the first place, then be so stubborn you refuse to change it back.

Hate to be THAT guy but it's these sort of baffling decisions and his truly awful rotation policy that has landed him the boot at a handful of his other jobs.

With it now becoming clear that Staveley and Ashley are pretty close to a deal I believe Benitez will get backed but I can see him being used as a stepping stone for the new owners to throw money at a bigger manager down the line. I think it's fair to say many managers would've been sacked at this point.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:50   #764
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Not sure about the neutrals but I for one fed up seeing and hearing all the hype and drivel surrounding today’s Utd v City game, getting boring now.

On another note Man Uniteds FA Cup game against Derby will not be televised, apparently the first time in 58 years that a United FA Cup game will not be on TV.

So given it’s not on telly, when do they arrange to play it, at 8.00pm on a bloody Friday night.
Old 10-12-2017, 14:03   #765
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Arsenal having their wonderful start as usual.

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Quote:
Great result for the boy David at the Hammers.

(
You see a little bit more patience and he would have took you to the promised land.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Quote:
Will have to make an early start tomorrow afternoon. A few inches of snow already and plenty more forecast overnight. Add that to two sets of fans and all the Christmas shoppers equals a recipe for chaos.
Have you arrived though at your destination?.

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Quote:
Not sure about the neutrals but I for one fed up seeing and hearing all the hype and drivel surrounding today’s Utd v City game, getting boring now.
As usual OTT hyperbole from Sky and others as usual.

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Quote:
On another note Man Uniteds FA Cup game against Derby will not be televised, apparently the first time in 58 years that a United FA Cup game will not be on TV.

So given it’s not on telly, when do they arrange to play it, at 8.00pm on a bloody Friday night.
A lot of supporters are getting fed up with games being put at very awkward times as the football clubs and the TV companies now seem to have carte blanche to put it on whenever they want and balls to anybody else seems to be their attitude when they are questioned about these difficult kick off times for football supporters..