Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Project Lightning Silence...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Project Lightning Silence...

Old 29-11-2017, 19:24   #121
Onramp
cf.addict

Onramp is on a distinguished roadOnramp is on a distinguished road
Re: Project Lightning Silence...

Quite possibly. I'm not getting my hopes up any more. These are big projects and some might not happen for years yet, even if they do at all.

I'll stick with my 0.7 / 4Mb for now. But might just move house and leave this area if it says this slow for the next 2 years.
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2017, 23:49   #122
Onramp
cf.addict

Onramp is on a distinguished roadOnramp is on a distinguished road

It appears to be the case that the expansion areas have now all been decided and the information walls have now come up - at least until the end of 2019. I'm just observing, but that's the pattern of activity that I'm seeing. There probably won't be anything official about that, I'd imagine, for sensitivity and competitiveness reasons.
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 15:19   #123
Airwaves
cf.member

Services: Sky +, Freesat, Sky Broadband Unlimited.
Airwaves is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Airwaves

Indeed, every area that isn’t currently served brings up the same message. The downside being that no one can find out IF Virgin are coming their way anymore so it’s just a case of wait and look out your window or roadworks.org.

I’m not sure how to digest my result before the barriers went up. “Sorry, we cant reach you at the moment” implies many different things, but then is that the point as I don’t think they would commit to something like “No, never”.

Im still hopeful, my area was in the plan so perhaps a few issues have surfaced that have stallled the project, it could reopen and get resolved before the end of 2019 or beyond.
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote