Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Old 30-11-2017, 12:47   #211
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I know very well about more bad times than good times being a Wolves fan.

You are most welcome, glad i could help
I know exactly what you mean however let's hope this season's good time lasts until at least May!!
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2017, 12:20   #212
OLD BOY
Experience is everything

Services: 2 V6 boxes; Full House with Sky Cinema; Now TV, Amazon and Netflix; VM broadband and landline
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal

Juniper research predicts that Amazon will win a package of Premiership football rights in the next bidding round.

http://www.digitaltveurope.com/2017/...sports-rights/
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:50   #213
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I'm surprised OB has missed this in Sky's latest update.

Read under the PlayReady heading

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Sk...2761095/page/2
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 13:27   #214
theone2k10
There can only be one

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Wish my landlord would allow SKY to upgrade the system so we can get SKYQ, it looks like a great piece of kit.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 14:29   #215
OLD BOY
Experience is everything

Services: 2 V6 boxes; Full House with Sky Cinema; Now TV, Amazon and Netflix; VM broadband and landline
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Thanks, muppetman. Glad to see Sky biting the bullet at last.

I think Virgin need to speed up the process of adding Amazon and others to their V6s before Sky overtakes them yet again.
Old 09-12-2017, 15:05   #216
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Thanks, muppetman. Glad to see Sky biting the bullet at last.

I think Virgin need to speed up the process of adding Amazon and others to their V6s before Sky overtakes them yet again.
To be fair Sky already has a huge On Demand library this update just enables them to add competitors On Demand offerings/apps should they strike future deals going forward.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 15:52   #217
OLD BOY
Experience is everything

Quote:
To be fair Sky already has a huge On Demand library this update just enables them to add competitors On Demand offerings/apps should they strike future deals going forward.
I know they do, and adding apps from their competitors is the right thing to do as well. I believe that this is the key to drawing many more people in and it will also tend to deter cord cutting if everything is on one box.