Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix free for 6 months

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix free for 6 months

Old 14-11-2017, 16:51   #16
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix free for 6 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I'm starting to consider getting a V6 now OB (been offered one free, twice now but rejected it as I send the content around house by RF from the scart). As you say the old Tivo is painfully slow to load, but OK once you're in. My bedroom TV loads up Netflix in about 5 seconds via wi-fi.
If you can accommodate the RF issue in some way, you'll not regret getting a V6. We have two of them - one in the bedroom and one in the lounge. You can watch recordings from the second box on the primary box, and vice versa, which is brilliant.

It really is unbelievably fast when compared with the Tivo, but the functionality is basically the same, apart from the wifi link between the boxes. I would certainly recommend that set up, although you could go all out for a third box, if you wanted another one! The telly tablet is a nice idea too, but a bit too expensive for me unless someone wants to buy me one for Christmas!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-11-2017, 18:05   #17
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If you can accommodate the RF issue in some way, you'll not regret getting a V6. We have two of them - one in the bedroom and one in the lounge. You can watch recordings from the second box on the primary box, and vice versa, which is brilliant.

It really is unbelievably fast when compared with the Tivo, but the functionality is basically the same, apart from the wifi link between the boxes. I would certainly recommend that set up, although you could go all out for a third box, if you wanted another one! The telly tablet is a nice idea too, but a bit too expensive for me unless someone wants to buy me one for Christmas!
Cheers for advice OB I am wavering....it might cost a bit to get some hdmi kit to get the picture upstairs but i'm looking into it.
I'll probably ring up to ask for one and find the "free" offer is finished or they have no record of it
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 18:27   #18
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
I've had the free 6 months twice and been an existing customer.
Just had to sign up for another 12 months but I was doing that anyway
We will bear that in mind when our contract ends in the New Year.
Old 14-11-2017, 18:30   #19
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We will bear that in mind when our contract ends in the New Year.
You are becoming quite the streamer these days, Den.

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Quote:
Cheers for advice OB I am wavering....it might cost a bit to get some hdmi kit to get the picture upstairs but i'm looking into it.
I'll probably ring up to ask for one and find the "free" offer is finished or they have no record of it
I believe that VM supply the HDMI cable for each box provided.
Old 14-11-2017, 18:39   #20
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
We are one of those millions and millions of household where Netflix is a nice little add on that supplements our main Linear TV viewing.
Old 14-11-2017, 18:52   #21
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

I believe that VM supply the HDMI cable for each box provided.
I was meaning an HDMI extender kit to get the channels upstairs as can't really run to getting a second independent box for my boudoir viewing.
Old 14-11-2017, 20:09   #22
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
I was meaning an HDMI extender kit to get the channels upstairs as can't really run to getting a second independent box for my boudoir viewing.
Ah, I see!
Old 15-11-2017, 14:28   #23
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Last non Netflix question OB, did you swap out old 500gb tivos for v6's and if so I assume there's no extra charge for doing so ?
Maybe if Trickytree is right there may be a free Netflix sub as well
Old 15-11-2017, 14:54   #24
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Last non Netflix question OB, did you swap out old 500gb tivos for v6's and if so I assume there's no extra charge for doing so ?
Maybe if Trickytree is right there may be a free Netflix sub as well
I just had my old 1Tb Tivo and a V box taken out and replaced with two V6s. I can't remember the price for doing this - I think it was £140. If I recall correctly, my monthly payment did not change. If it did, it was only by about a fiver.

However, we are a year down the line now, so I expect other deals are available. It would be worth seeing what you can negotiate with CS.
Old 15-11-2017, 16:22   #25
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I just had my old 1Tb Tivo and a V box taken out and replaced with two V6s. I can't remember the price for doing this - I think it was £140. If I recall correctly, my monthly payment did not change. If it did, it was only by about a fiver.

However, we are a year down the line now, so I expect other deals are available. It would be worth seeing what you can negotiate with CS.
Cheers OB
Old 17-11-2017, 13:36   #26
qwakuk
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph, 3 V6 boxes, M600 BB
qwakuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had the free 6 months twice or 3 times and been an existing customer.
Just had to sign up for another 12 months to get my price lowered slightly, but this time they would not give a Netflix code, the lady claimed they had run out!!!
qwakuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 14:14   #27
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwakuk View Post
I've had the free 6 months twice or 3 times and been an existing customer.
Just had to sign up for another 12 months to get my price lowered slightly, but this time they would not give a Netflix code, the lady claimed they had run out!!!
I suppose it's quite possible they do get a fixed amount to give away in whatever deal they have made with Netflix. Or it could be a bit of b.s.
Old 17-11-2017, 16:22   #28
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I suppose it's quite possible they do get a fixed amount to give away in whatever deal they have made with Netflix. Or it could be a bit of b.s.
They get given promotion codes by Netflix so each quarter say VM will be given x ammount of promotional codes for Netflix.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 23:24   #29
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
They get given promotion codes by Netflix so each quarter say VM will be given x ammount of promotional codes for Netflix.
Ta for confirming.
Presumably VM pay a token amount for each code, Can't VM just get more codes if they run out as it would seem to be to the mutual benefit of both companies otherwise they wouldn't do it.
Old 17-11-2017, 23:35   #30
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Ta for confirming.
Presumably VM pay a token amount for each code, Can't VM just get more codes if they run out as it would seem to be to the mutual benefit of both companies otherwise they wouldn't do it.
They probably could buy more from Netflix but info we have is VM get given X ammount for free and they buy more at a knock down price.
I think Netflix have a set ammount of promo codes each quater so it's more of a case of first come first served but VM have a agreement for a set ammount as part of the carriage on the vm tivo platform.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote