Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 18:59   #2476
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

If he wasn't savvy he could have lost the lot. Plenty of privileged people have. I'm certain Trump's not the sharpest tool in the entrepreneurial block but he's certainly not the dullest either.

Last edited by Osem; 04-11-2017 at 19:03.
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2017, 01:53   #2477
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Bit more on the Russian Trump-Brexit trolls
Quote:
One spectacular example of how sophisticated the agency has been emerged on Friday, with the revelation that a Twitter user named Jenna Abrams, supposedly a Right-wing young American woman, was, in fact, a fictitious product of the troll factory.
'Ms Abrams' was astonishingly successful in getting her views on all kinds of matters aired, and they were picked up by media organisations, including the BBC, CNN, The New York Times and the Washington Post. As the US election loomed, the Tweets to her 70,000 followers became more overtly political, such as: 'I'm not pro-Trump. I am pro-common sense.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4xVvo9ysW
Old 05-11-2017, 12:45   #2478
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Mmm still sounds like you're jealous he isn't as rich as he could easily have been
I have a field that is empty of the fracks I give about his wealth...

tbf, he must be a savvy businessman - when he frequently travels to his various golf clubs, he charges the Secret Service who have to accompany him for rooms at his hotels and for using his Golf Buggies.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 05-11-2017, 14:56   #2479
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I have a field that is empty of the fracks I give about his wealth...

tbf, he must be a savvy businessman - when he frequently travels to his various golf clubs, he charges the Secret Service who have to accompany him for rooms at his hotels and for using his Golf Buggies.
Tut tut, rehashing old arguments Hugh, that chip on your shoulder must be heavy.

Secret Service are on a business trip, they have expenses to pay, just as you or I would be expected to pay, if we are on business.
Old 05-11-2017, 15:49   #2480
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Really looking forward to the foot-in-mouth moments that this trip provides!
Whilst the Don's delivered in this respect, he's not been amusing.
Quote:
And in a remark that held the potential to cause widespread offence in a country where America killed around 140,000 people in 1945 - when it dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki - the President added: “Every once in a while, in the past, they underestimated us. It was not pleasant for them, was it?”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8038551.html
Old 05-11-2017, 19:33   #2481
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

More links to Russia exposed as if we need any more! If Ross wants to appear clean he should have sold the shares. Instead, he tried to hide them offshore.

This time, Wilbur Ross, who helped Trump evade bankruptcy in the 1990s and was later appointed commerce secretary in Mr Trump's administration has "been shown to have retained an interest in a shipping company which earns millions of dollars a year transporting oil and gas for a Russian energy firm whose shareholders include Vladimir Putin's son-in-law and two men subject to US sanctions.
It will again raise questions about the Russian connections of Donald Trump's team. His presidency has been dogged by allegations that Russians colluded to try to influence the outcome of last year's US election"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41876939

Last edited by 1andrew1; 05-11-2017 at 19:42.
Old 05-11-2017, 20:16   #2482
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Tut tut, rehashing old arguments Hugh, that chip on your shoulder must be heavy.

Secret Service are on a business trip, they have expenses to pay, just as you or I would be expected to pay, if we are on business.
But they only go there because Trump wants to play golf, not business - isn't it a conflict of interest with him going to somewhere he makes a profit on his staff having to attend only because he goes there?

He has spent 96 days at Trump Properties whilst he has been President, 76 of those at Trump golf properties - the Secret Service wouldn't have to hire golf buggies and pay out so much money if he didn't spend so much time there.

If they go to Camp David, they don't have pay for accommodation or transport...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 05-11-2017 at 20:21.
Old 06-11-2017, 14:05   #2483
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But they only go there because Trump wants to play golf, not business - isn't it a conflict of interest with him going to somewhere he makes a profit on his staff having to attend only because he goes there?

He has spent 96 days at Trump Properties whilst he has been President, 76 of those at Trump golf properties - the Secret Service wouldn't have to hire golf buggies and pay out so much money if he didn't spend so much time there.

If they go to Camp David, they don't have pay for accommodation or transport...
It's interesting that Trump's fans criticised Obama for spending so much time Golfing, when they are happy for Trump to spend more time.

It's also interesting that they allow Trump to get away placing his own businesses under the control of his children, when the normal procedure is to place them under the control of a blind trust. This, as I understand it, is legal, but morally, it is dubious (a bit like Clinton funding the DNC, which I noticed Trump fans are happy to shout about).

What I do not understand is how ANYONE can not see that Trump is arguably profiting from his term as the President of the USA, while pushing the fact he is donating his salary to charity. As noted above by Hugh, Camp David already provides facilities for Presidential protection, and I'd argue that because it has been the President's 2nd home for decades, it's probably an order of magnitude more secure than a commercial resort (which is essentially what Mar-A-Lago is).

This, to me, doesn't feel like an action that someone who is truly in interested in getting the best for the American people, and not just in it for how he can profit, would take.
Old 06-11-2017, 23:05   #2484
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
It's interesting that Trump's fans criticised Obama for spending so much time Golfing, when they are happy for Trump to spend more time.

It's also interesting that they allow Trump to get away placing his own businesses under the control of his children, when the normal procedure is to place them under the control of a blind trust. This, as I understand it, is legal, but morally, it is dubious (a bit like Clinton funding the DNC, which I noticed Trump fans are happy to shout about).

What I do not understand is how ANYONE can not see that Trump is arguably profiting from his term as the President of the USA, while pushing the fact he is donating his salary to charity. As noted above by Hugh, Camp David already provides facilities for Presidential protection, and I'd argue that because it has been the President's 2nd home for decades, it's probably an order of magnitude more secure than a commercial resort (which is essentially what Mar-A-Lago is).

This, to me, doesn't feel like an action that someone who is truly in interested in getting the best for the American people, and not just in it for how he can profit, would take.
I doubt even the biggest Trump fan boy would deny Trump's corruption in the circumstances you have outlined above.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:43   #2485
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I doubt even the biggest Trump fan boy would deny Trump's corruption in the circumstances you have outlined above.
Well I wouldn't bet my house on it
Old 07-11-2017, 11:53   #2486
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Less of the term ‘fan boy’, such a childish remark and it’s term used on this forum is frowned upon. Do not use it again Andrew!

All I can say to Stuart’s post, is that the claims of corruption are complete BS regarding Trump not being in it to MAGA. This is negative hysteria working overtime yet again. The moaning that he has given his business to his children, during his Presidency. I don’t believe for one minute, any sane person would sideline their kids inheritance.

And this moaning about making crap loads of money and direct profiting, its complete one sided BS as usual.

For a start, just look at how much Obama has made in paid for speeches, last time I looked, it was about $400,000 per speech. Obama has also put in a request for over a $1 Million of expenses for the next year. Look at how much money Bill Clinton makes per speech.

And if you want to talk about corruption, just look at the stories coming out about the DNC, that it is being alleged and said to be out of cash and how the very Crooked Hillary, allegedly contributed to keep it afloat, and in return, the DNC rigged the Primaries, to get Hillary as the Presidential Nominee.

Quote:
Democrats rigged the 2016 primary for Hillary Clinton, claims former DNC chair.

Donna Brazile alleges that Hillary Clinton was controlling the finances of the Democratic party before she officially became its nominee
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8034716.html

So all Trumps claims last year, that the system is rigged for Hillary, it really was.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:37   #2487
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Less of the term ‘fan boy’, such a childish remark and it’s term used on this forum is frowned upon. Do not use it again Andrew!

All I can say to Stuart’s post, is that the claims of corruption are complete BS regarding Trump not being in it to MAGA. This is negative hysteria working overtime yet again. The moaning that he has given his business to his children, during his Presidency. I don’t believe for one minute, any sane person would sideline their kids inheritance.

And this moaning about making crap loads of money and direct profiting, its complete one sided BS as usual.

For a start, just look at how much Obama has made in paid for speeches, last time I looked, it was about $400,000 per speech. Obama has also put in a request for over a $1 Million of expenses for the next year. Look at how much money Bill Clinton makes per speech.

And if you want to talk about corruption, just look at the stories coming out about the DNC, that it is being alleged and said to be out of cash and how the very Crooked Hillary, allegedly contributed to keep it afloat, and in return, the DNC rigged the Primaries, to get Hillary as the Presidential Nominee.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8034716.html

So all Trumps claims last year, that the system is rigged for Hillary, it really was.
Getting a bit repetitive every time the spotlight is on Trump, to try and point is elsewhere. Right out of Trumps 'guide to governance'. You should apply for WH press officer Mick, the post becomes vacant regularly !

Last edited by Mr K; 07-11-2017 at 13:00.
Old 07-11-2017, 14:08   #2488
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Getting a bit repetitive every time the spotlight is on Trump, to try and point is elsewhere. Right out of Trumps 'guide to governance'. You should apply for WH press officer Mick, the post becomes vacant regularly !
Well elsewhere is the bigger problem, or are you happy to carry on displaying you and others here have a one sided agenda, as well as double standards ?

Also, you have no room to talk when it comes to repetition, I'll take no lectures from you.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:21   #2489
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
You don't need too. He doesn't have to give up his business but put it in a blind trust where he can't see the investments being made and therefore risk taking actions which would be for the benefit of his business.

All other Presidents have done this.

Quote:
So? They've left office.

Quote:
Ok but if Clinton had done the following would it be ok?
  • Been the first President not to put their business interests in to a blind trust
  • Appointed her son-in-law as an advisor
  • Went on Holiday in Clinton-owned Hotels and charged the secret service for it

We both know the right would be going apocalyptic if Clinton were seen to be making profit from the Presidency and appointing her own family into senior positions.

Why is Trump exempt?
Old 08-11-2017, 08:26   #2490
TheDaddy
cf.mega pornstar

TheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden aura
TheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden auraTheDaddy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
You don't need too. He doesn't have to give up his business but put it in a blind trust where he can't see the investments being made and therefore risk taking actions which would be for the benefit of his business.

All other Presidents have done this.

So? They've left office.

Ok but if Clinton had done the following would it be ok?
  • Been the first President not to put their business interests in to a blind trust
  • Appointed her son-in-law as an advisor
  • Went on Holiday in Clinton-owned Hotels and charged the secret service for it

We both know the right would be going apocalyptic if Clinton were seen to be making profit from the Presidency and appointing her own family into senior positions.

Why is Trump exempt?
No wonder he's happy not to take presidential salary, it's chump change compared to what he's creaming of the top. What did his wife say in that court case, that accusations of her being a tramp limited opportunities to monetise the role of first lady, they're all at it!