Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 27-10-2017, 12:13   #5716
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
New SH3 firmware

That looks far better is it just visual or does it make a difference?

Is it a trial firmware?
Old 27-10-2017, 12:17   #5717
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
That looks far better is it just visual or does it make a difference?

Is it a trial firmware?
Not as far as i'm aware of
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 12:24   #5718
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

what a huge difference, I just hope it doesn't fix one thing and break something else.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 12:31   #5719
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
New SH3 firmware
What's the version number Martin? They've snuck that out quietly.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 12:34   #5720
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just rebooted the modem, don't think it changed the firmware, what is the version number?
Old 27-10-2017, 12:36   #5721
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
What's the version number Martin? They've snuck that out quietly.
Software version : 9.1.116BA3
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 12:37   #5722
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road

Just rebooted and got nothing new.
JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 13:25   #5723
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I thought rhe Puma 6 issue wasn't fixible in firmware from a post i saw here not long ago so hopefully it doesn't cause an issue.
Old 27-10-2017, 13:37   #5724
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road

The Puma 6 issues was the reason I considered switching to G.Fast when it goes live here in a month or 2 if this even slightly fixes the issues somewhat I'll stay.
JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 13:57   #5725
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

My Internet was down the other day for an hour or so and when it came back I'd been moved from a RiverDelta to a Cisco mac address. I'm now on 24 DS and 4 US channels, the US is still QAM16 however.

Speeds had been dire here since sometime in mid 2016 so it's nice to be getting full speed again.

The Hub 3, as we all know, loves to show it when it's on this many channels.

(red on ping graph was me swapping firmware on my router)

ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 14:06   #5726
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Software version : 9.1.116BA3
Thanks, looks as though it’s a trial firmware going by the Virgin community forum.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...71492/page/195

Have sent a PM to the Trials Team to see if I can get it. Doubt they’ll reply but no harm in asking I guess. Unless one of you trialists can help out?

Last edited by Jon22; 27-10-2017 at 14:21.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 16:13   #5727
adduxi
cf.addict

adduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of light

I doubt it as I believe it was only a small section of Trialists who received the update and have been asked not to discuss on the VM Public Forums.
adduxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 16:24   #5728
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I thought rhe Puma 6 issue wasn't fixible in firmware from a post i saw here not long ago so hopefully it doesn't cause an issue.
It isn't and this doesn't, it just makes BQMs look pretty by having pings take a different path. It's covering up the problem, nothing more.

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileikcaek View Post
My Internet was down the other day for an hour or so and when it came back I'd been moved from a RiverDelta to a Cisco mac address. I'm now on 24 DS and 4 US channels, the US is still QAM16 however.
Excellent. Hopefully this means they will be getting on with moving other areas from 2 to 4 upstream channels rather than this being the default configuration when they moved you over to the cBR-8.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 17:11   #5729
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by adduxi View Post
...have been asked not to discuss on the VM Public Forums.
This isnt a VM Public Forum

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 13:46   #5730
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post

Thanks, looks as though it’s a trial firmware going by the Virgin community forum.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...71492/page/195

Have sent a PM to the Trials Team to see if I can get it. Doubt they’ll reply but no harm in asking I guess. Unless one of you trialists can help out?
Let me know what happens please.