Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 19:15   #2221
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

And on that note this man who Sarah Sanders informs is a huge fan of the second amendment starts openly threatening the press for publication of stories he doesn't like.

https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/...License-140503

I stop short of using the 'f' word as it's a bit much but this stuff is in that ballpark.
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2017, 20:32   #2222
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Perhaps they should get their stories correct then. Sick of the biased BS news coming from certain quarters. CNN, NYT. etc.

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Here’s the Telegraph’s take on this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...thout-meeting/
Still not convinced, the State visit is now not happening.
Old 11-10-2017, 21:28   #2223
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
That's entirely down to MPs.
Which accusations did he make that were false? That Trump is racist and sexist is hardly an accusation it's a statement of fact. I may well have missed other things.
Impartiality, is in the job description for the Speaker of the House because:
Quote:
....words have consequences in his position.
Old 11-10-2017, 22:27   #2224
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Impartiality, is in the job description for the Speaker of the House because:
He was being impartial.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Perhaps they should get their stories correct then. Sick of the biased BS news coming from certain quarters. CNN, NYT. etc.
So we're okay with state controlled media if we don't like what the free press is saying?

I'm pretty tired with the propaganda Fox News, RT or Press TV pump out but wouldn't be happy with them being threatened by a head of state. I don't recall Barack Obama threatening Fox even as they pimped the birther movement.
Old 11-10-2017, 22:52   #2225
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
He was being impartial.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

So we're okay with state controlled media if we don't like what the free press is saying?

I'm pretty tired with the propaganda Fox News, RT or Press TV pump out but wouldn't be happy with them being threatened by a head of state. I don't recall Barack Obama threatening Fox even as they pimped the birther movement.
No to your question. But the constant negative press on the same topic, day in, day out because they cannot get over Hillary losing is becoming silly. Even independent analysis showed, CNN, NBC, NYT & WashingtonPost coverage of Trump is around 90% Negative coverage. We get they don’t like Trump, but there must be other worthy news?

The Birther row was also pimped by Clinton’s Ardent Supporters, who had no problem using it, back when Hillary ran in 2008 Elections against Obama.
Old 11-10-2017, 23:12   #2226
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
No to your question. But the constant negative press on the same topic, day in, day out because they cannot get over Hillary losing is becoming silly. Even independent analysis showed, CNN, NBC, NYT & WashingtonPost coverage of Trump is around 90% Negative coverage. We get they don’t like Trump, but there must be other worthy news?

The Birther row was also pimped by Clinton’s Ardent Supporters, who had no problem using it, back when Hillary ran in 2008 Elections against Obama.
Fake News.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...lary-clinton-/
Quote:
There is no evidence that Clinton or her 2008 campaign ever floated the theory. While Clinton supporters circulated the allegations the last time she ran for president, they had no ties to either the candidate or her staff.
And have you ever considered that the coverage of Trump is 90% negative because I’d all the negative things he does?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-10-2017, 23:22   #2227
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Fake News.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...lary-clinton-/

And have you ever considered that the coverage of Trump is 90% negative because I’d all the negative things he does?
I suspect the unsourced 90% figure could be more fake news too.
Old 11-10-2017, 23:29   #2228
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
No it’s not fake News. Her Supporters pushed that out.

Supporters, not campaign team being the key difference here in what I said

Quote:
He has not done anything that negative that justifies such a high % of negative coverage that I’m aware of. It is just stupid hysteria. He is the democratically elected President that beat the one who was favourite to win.
Old 12-10-2017, 00:42   #2229
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
No it’s not fake News. Her Supporters pushed that out.

Supporters, not campaign team being the key difference here in what I said
According to the fact-checking website cited by Hugh, some of Hillary's supporters used it the last time she ran for President. That was in 2016. You stated that they used it back in 2008.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:24   #2230
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
According to the fact-checking website cited by Hugh, some of Hillary's supporters used it the last time she ran for President. That was in 2016. You stated that they used it back in 2008.
And I was right in what I said!

The fact checking info was written during 2016 Election.

So Er, yeah last election from that time would have been 2008 when she was against Obama. Not hard you know.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:38   #2231
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Really? From the fact-checking website.

Quote:
There is no evidence that Clinton or her 2008 campaign ever floated the theory. While Clinton supporters circulated the allegations the last time she ran for president, they had no ties to either the candidate or her staff.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:00   #2232
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

It was in 2008 the birther stuff started
Old 12-10-2017, 16:04   #2233
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
He has not done anything that negative that justifies such a high % of negative coverage that I’m aware of. It is just stupid hysteria. He is the democratically elected President that beat the one who was favourite to win.
Again, yes, he won. That he won has nothing to do with his performance so far, which has been banal, or the manner in which he has conducted himself which has also been banal.

I entirely agree he's getting a hard time. He may wish to try and avoid blatantly lying and getting some medication to control his narcissism and his temper so that he doesn't constantly make such an ass of himself with such regularity.

Under normal circumstances such people are perhaps mocked a little. That he is the democratically elected President is exactly why he receives that hard time he does.

If he shuts his mouth, gets off Twitter, stops kicking off fights with his own party, stops insulting people and behaves like an adult who knows, perhaps he'll have more on his achievement list than a variety of executive orders, many of which are being legally challenged, having Sean Hannity as his head sycophant, and his ability to soak up the adoration of his cult at rallies.

The man is at very least strongly authoritarian, unable to handle criticism, unable to take on board other viewpoints and unable to make fact-based decisions. He is utterly inappropriate for his office without extensive delegation of powers, and much of the power he has delegated has been delegated to those appointed based on nepotism, not merit.

If the man can't handle the job, and it's abundantly clear he can't given the amount of public release valves he needs, he should resign. I despise the idea of President Pence as his beliefs are anathema to me for the most part, but most of all because he may actually be competent enough to implement some of his agenda, but Trump is of no benefit to anyone besides as a figurehead for the extreme and the ignorant taken in by his lies. The US are the only superpower right now and it's their job to provide stability to the world. They can't do that with a leader that is so utterly unstable and erratic. One whose biggest achievement has been to divide his own nation like never before.

Last edited by Ignitionnet; 12-10-2017 at 16:07.
Old 12-10-2017, 21:23   #2234
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
And I was right in what I said!

The fact checking info was written during 2016 Election.

So Er, yeah last election from that time would have been 2008 when she was against Obama. Not hard you know.
My apologies.
Old 12-10-2017, 21:54   #2235
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
The US are the only superpower right now and it's their job to provide stability to the world. They can't do that with a leader that is so utterly unstable and erratic. One whose biggest achievement has been to divide his own nation like never before.
I am pretty sure that divide already existed before though.
Closed Thread