Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 17:42   #2566
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
So it was a case of " On yer Bike" then.................
One would hope that a well educated man like you would have come out with something far more fetching.
Old 08-09-2017, 19:37   #2567
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
One would hope that a well educated man like you would have come out with something far more fetching.
Trust you to put your spoke in the wheel, Den.
Old 08-09-2017, 20:47   #2568
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Bike Channel to close as buyer fails to materialise.

https://cyclingindustry.news/bike-ch...o-materialise/
I'm surprised they managed to keep the wheels turning for this long...

Old 08-09-2017, 20:57   #2569
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

The administrators have put the brakes on the future of the channel
Old 09-09-2017, 11:05   #2570
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Cheers SP, I'll give it a go tonight when I get home from work.

Hopefully it's a simple fix like that.

I'm guessing there will be no UHD on-demand films if I have to lower the resolution lol
I changed the display settings and the link worked. It was just a trailer to the new virgin media store, nothing special lol
Old 09-09-2017, 13:18   #2571
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
I changed the display settings and the link worked. It was just a trailer to the new virgin media store, nothing special lol
When you see buy now in discovery bar it should take you to a app instead of a video and no UHD
Old 09-09-2017, 22:02   #2572
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
The administrators have put the brakes on the future of the channel
News reports say that the channel has been pulled from the air, but it's still broadcasting.

I imagine that to keep their SD slot on Sky alive (as a valuable asset) the administrators will keep it going up until this is sold.

As a consequence, I guess this is why Bike are continuing to honour their contractual agreement with VM until the plug is pulled.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:43   #2573
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I think it's more likely that people were getting tyred of it
Old 10-09-2017, 08:46   #2574
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I think it's more likely that people were getting tyred of it
The bubble burst more like.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:08   #2575
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
News reports say that the channel has been pulled from the air, but it's still broadcasting.

I imagine that to keep their SD slot on Sky alive (as a valuable asset) the administrators will keep it going up until this is sold.

As a consequence, I guess this is why Bike are continuing to honour their contractual agreement with VM until the plug is pulled.
They can stay on air for little cost if they 'recycle' old programs.
Old 11-09-2017, 00:05   #2576
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

They may get a buyer and they'll be back in the saddle again.
Old 11-09-2017, 00:14   #2577
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
lol
Old 11-09-2017, 00:34   #2578
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
They may get a buyer and they'll be back in the saddle again.
They tried to find a buyer, but not for very long. You're right though, I suppose if someone put in an offer it could continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
That's what most channels in this position do, they show any old stuff that meets Skys requirements to keep the valuable SD slot alive.

Was "staying on air" a deliberate pun
Old 11-09-2017, 09:02   #2579
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

PPV Slate HD has been rebranded PPV Slate. The ITV Box Office stream is offline. Hmm...
Old 11-09-2017, 16:36   #2580
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Cinema View Post
Virgin Media Store...

1080P on Tivo, sounds good.
Been offline all weekend - watching CNN over 50% of the time due to an family friend being in Florida.

As of Friday an DNP order has been removed.

Now down to three.

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

Christmas 24 and Christmas 24 + will both launch on October 21st.

Using Movies 24 channel numbers.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread