Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 14:02   #3676
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Can anyone help with this? The Amazon app comes up as Lovefilm and doesn't work (despite him updating his TV):

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33705357
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2017, 14:10   #3677
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Perhaps this has something to do with it Richard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40925062
Old 05-09-2017, 14:20   #3678
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Can anyone help with this? The Amazon app comes up as Lovefilm and doesn't work (despite him updating his TV):

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33705357
I would say the app needs updating but if it's like my 4 year old Samsung TV then there is no obvious way to do it. It just pops up saying 'updating apps' from time to time.

Amazon video took over Lovefilm some time ago so I'm surprised he's still getting the Lovefilm splash screen.
Old 07-09-2017, 14:51   #3679
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

This is my main fear about buying tv shows and movies on digital only.
http://cordcuttersnews.com/cinemanow...access-movies/
Old 07-09-2017, 16:06   #3680
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
This is my main fear about buying tv shows and movies on digital only.
http://cordcuttersnews.com/cinemanow...access-movies/
And then there's the other problem of companies losing the rights to some shows and movies.
One would think buying digital content from someone like Amazon should be pretty bullet proof from them going under but if they lose the rights to the thing/s you have purchased (which has happened in the past) then you're fubared.
Old 07-09-2017, 17:25   #3681
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
And then there's the other problem of companies losing the rights to some shows and movies.
One would think buying digital content from someone like Amazon should be pretty bullet proof from them going under but if they lose the rights to the thing/s you have purchased (which has happened in the past) then you're fubared.
Exactly at least on dvd or blu ray it's yours forever.
Old 07-09-2017, 17:33   #3682
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Absolutely as l much prefer it that way.
Old 07-09-2017, 19:31   #3683
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Or downloaded to hard drive.
Old 07-09-2017, 20:05   #3684
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Or downloaded to hard drive.
Some don't allow that though.
Some use ultra violet too which is a preference.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:17   #3685
doreen12
Inactive

doreen12 is an unknown quantity at this point

fruits
Old 09-09-2017, 14:43   #3686
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

A quick heads up for anyone interested,
Now TV monthly sports passes are being sold off at Argos for £25 at the moment.
As my £20 a month deal ends at the beginning of October I've just bagged a couple, however there seems to be limited availability, of the many Argos stores in SW London available to me only two had them in stock.
There is an option to get them delivered but that adds £3:95 to the cost which makes them a little less attractive.
Old 10-09-2017, 19:07   #3687
buckeye
cf.addict

Let me save anyone the hassle I went through today, ignore my previous post and do not buy these cheap Now TV monthly passes from Argos.
I shall try to abridge my experience to fit into a readable post.

I turned up at 10am when the store opened to pick up my "fast track" order, another 30 minutes passed as they tried to find my vouchers, eventually the store manager who had become involved handed me two monthly Sky Sports passes, I asked "well aren't you going to activate them?" to which he feigned ignorance and told me I just had to scratch off the number and apply it on my account.
I politely explained that the cards were worth nothing at all unless he activated them, cue another 20 minutes whilst they tried to do the activation and eventually being told they would have to give me a refund.
The staff in this Argos store were stupid enough to hold their conversations very loudly so I could hear what they were saying, from their conversations it seems these passes they are selling off are out of date and will never be activated or work!

I guess they think most people buying one don't know the procedures or wont bother going back when the voucher doesn't work.
Lesson learnt for me, I got full refund and will never be tempted to fall for Argos selling off vouchers on their own cheaply again.
Old 10-09-2017, 22:47   #3688
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I politely explained that the cards were worth nothing at all unless he activated them, cue another 20 minutes whilst they tried to do the activation and eventually being told they would have to give me a refund.
The staff in this Argos store were stupid enough to hold their conversations very loudly so I could hear what they were saying, from their conversations it seems these passes they are selling off are out of date and will never be activated or work!

I guess they think most people buying one don't know the procedures or wont bother going back when the voucher doesn't work.
Lesson learnt for me, I got full refund and will never be tempted to fall for Argos selling off vouchers on their own cheaply again.
I've never had to have a Now TV pass "activated", they have worked perfectly well as described to you by the Argos staff. They are basically scratch cards. The validity period for activation is, nominally, 1 year from the date of purchase. So hang on to your receipt if you don't plan on activating the pass straight away.

The pass is activated when you type the code into your Now TV account and activate it.

I believe there is an activation process for "gift cards", were you buying a gift card or a Now TV voucher?

Last edited by jj20x; 10-09-2017 at 23:05.

Old 10-09-2017, 23:35   #3689
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
I've never had to have a Now TV pass "activated", they have worked perfectly well as described to you by the Argos staff. They are basically scratch cards. The validity period for activation is, nominally, 1 year from the date of purchase. So hang on to your receipt if you don't plan on activating the pass straight away.

The pass is activated when you type the code into your Now TV account and activate it.

I believe there is an activation process for "gift cards", were you buying a gift card or a Now TV voucher?
Completely agree that's exactly how I've done it.
Old 11-09-2017, 15:45   #3690
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Wonder if Sky will now use it's OTT service to expand into other countries.

It's service has now gone live in Spain
https://www.sky.com/es-spa/
Closed Thread