Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 13-08-2017, 23:53   #2191
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
I guessed as much.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

Not quite, it is discounted at £48/month for the first year, then £63/month. Ouch!
That is quite steep also i nearly forgot hyperoptic is still very limited and only in a few areas.
One firm i'm keeping a eye on is Relish the London and a few other areas at moment but are aiming to go natonwide broadband using 4g or 5g network.
Uno are another to keep a eye on i've heard they are planning a roll out of 300mbs to rival bt but their set up charges are steep at moment.

---------- Post added at 22:53 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Turns out that it was the parent company (Liberty Global) that put the block on Amazon being added to VM STB's.

Also, Disney is to take their content off Netflix and set up their own streaming service.

Info. courtesy of Old Boy:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...-growth-cools/
Tbf Disneys own streaming service (yes OB it's in uk before you say i'm going to hell for streaming content from other countries ) is only £4.99p/m.
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2017, 00:04   #2192
MyBraiNz
cf.member

MyBraiNz is an unknown quantity at this point

New App 'Radioline' added? Wish they would add the WWE Network already
Old 14-08-2017, 00:27   #2193
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBraiNz View Post
New App 'Radioline' added? Wish they would add the WWE Network already
It was due this month but Liberty Global pulled the plug on it.
Old 14-08-2017, 00:49   #2194
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
It was due this month but Liberty Global pulled the plug on it.
LGI (Liberty Global International) is suffering from Kodak's problem. Kodak invented the digital camera in 1977 but didn't release it as it felt it would lose out on the printing and developing market which Kodak made a great income from. As a result, the Japanese came along and released digital cameras. Without good digital cameras in place, Kodak went into Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

What will happen now is people will just use their smart TVs, Rokus and Amazon fires and then forget Tivo and cut the cord.

I can see both sides of the argument but overall, I think LGI is thinking too short term.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 14-08-2017 at 00:52.
Old 14-08-2017, 08:19   #2195
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBraiNz View Post
New App 'Radioline' added?
That would be a good one. Replaces all the locally input radio stations that were removed at switchover.
Old 14-08-2017, 09:01   #2196
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
LGI (Liberty Global International) is suffering from Kodak's problem. Kodak invented the digital camera in 1977 but didn't release it as it felt it would lose out on the printing and developing market which Kodak made a great income from. As a result, the Japanese came along and released digital cameras. Without good digital cameras in place, Kodak went into Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

What will happen now is people will just use their smart TVs, Rokus and Amazon fires and then forget Tivo and cut the cord.

I can see both sides of the argument but overall, I think LGI is thinking too short term.
Agreed. LG's stance on this beggars belief. At this rate, VM will always be the poor relation to Sky.
Old 14-08-2017, 09:17   #2197
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Is it really so hard to change source and watch on another device.
Old 14-08-2017, 09:43   #2198
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
As I've said on many occasions, I want just one index of all the shows I am watching.

At the moment, I have the one list that provides my recordings and bookmarked programmes on demand and on Netflix.

It is a nuisance to have to go to different systems to access the material being followed there. It would be good to be able to bookmark Amazon stuff as well so all the various series I am following can be accessed immediately.

As the number of streaming services grows, this will become increasingly important, particularly where some programmes get taken off again after a while. Now TV is particularly bad for this.
Old 14-08-2017, 10:02   #2199
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

But where I struggle with this is the fact you keep telling us how bad the pay TV channels are , so that poses the question why bother paying ? Why not just use Amazon and Netflix with a Freeview/Freesat recorder. At least that way your not forced to pay to watch channels you have no interest in.
Old 14-08-2017, 10:38   #2200
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
But where I struggle with this is the fact you keep telling us how bad the pay TV channels are , so that poses the question why bother paying ? Why not just use Amazon and Netflix with a Freeview/Freesat recorder. At least that way your not forced to pay to watch channels you have no interest in.
There is still stuff I want to watch on the pay tv broadcast channels - my point has been that the number of good shows on there seem to be diminishing. This last year was very poor, and yes, if it continues like this, I will not be getting a replacement for my V6 box when its time is up.

In my opinion, if Virgin want to keep their existing customers, let alone increase subscriptions, they need to do better. OTT services are the future, and VM would do well to embrace them, rather than treat them as if they were a threat.

However, if Liberty Global is going to be a millstone over their heads, preventing VM from taking the right decisions, it does not bode well, I'm afraid.
Old 14-08-2017, 10:46   #2201
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
A man of utter contradictions one would say.

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

Quote:
No.

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Agreed. LG's stance on this beggars belief. At this rate, VM will always be the poor relation to Sky.
They are both good at different things OB so please none of this age old codswallop please.
Old 14-08-2017, 12:14   #2202
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Its so easy I cannot see the problem! It take two button presses and three page rights to get from Tivo to Amazon prime on my tv.
Old 14-08-2017, 12:28   #2203
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Its so easy I cannot see the problem! It take two button presses and three page rights to get from Tivo to Amazon prime on my tv.
Ahhh! but you have to know left from right
Old 14-08-2017, 13:59   #2204
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
How does this resolvethe problem of no common favourite programmes index? I don't think you are paying attention!

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
A man of utter contradictions one would say.

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

No.

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

They are both good at different things OB so please none of this age old codswallop please.
Where is the contradiction, Den? Clearly, there is something you don't quite understand!
Old 14-08-2017, 14:14   #2205
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
How does this resolvethe problem of no common favourite programmes index? I don't think you are paying attention!

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Where is the contradiction, Den? Clearly, there is something you don't quite understand!
If you cannot see your contradictions then perhaps taking a week out to read your previous posts will reveal everything.