Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 24-04-2017, 14:53   #1096
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, that would make perfect sense, although if London Live is anything to go by, I can't think what on Earth you would find of interest on there, given the programme choice you have on other channels.

However, if you do find anything good, do tell us what it is! I am always happy to re-evaluate my views when better evidence is produced.
What's of interest to one person isn't always of interest to others as I'm sure you'll appreciate. If Made In Teesside shows any nostalgia programs of the Teesside area I'd be keen to watch. I'll certainly let you know OK.
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2017, 15:03   #1097
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Ive got no complaints as far as Notts TV goes,in fact I seem to be watching it more than any other channel

https://nottstv.com/
Old 24-04-2017, 15:14   #1098
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
ggrrrrr BBC1 and AD
That was a broadcast fault. Nothing at all to do with the box software.
Old 24-04-2017, 19:33   #1099
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Ive got no complaints as far as Notts TV goes,in fact I seem to be watching it more than any other channel

https://nottstv.com/
To be fair, that looks like a reasonable schedule. Puts London Live to shame.
Old 24-04-2017, 19:51   #1100
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm old enough to remember when cinemas had adverts for local restaurants on car showrooms. I think local advertising is quite dead and the internet is king for this type of thing now.
My local theatre still does local advertising during the break. A white screen comes down and local ads are shown from the local shops and business'. Even the bigger shops like Tescos advertise what special deals are going on at the local branch.
Old 24-04-2017, 20:40   #1101
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Can I ask if STV2 has launch on Virgin Media in Aberdeen, Ayrshire and Dundee?

Virgin has still to update the EPG banner for STV Glasgow.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 25-04-2017, 00:23   #1102
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Sports Box Office HD set to launch on Virgin Media UK.

Virgin Media's Live Events Channels (Virgin UK Channel 0) has confirmed that this coming Saturday night's Joshua VS Klitschko fight will be shown LIVE in HD for the first time ever on Virgin Media UK to viewers using TiVo or V6 Boxes at the cost of £20.95.

All other customers can watch in SD for just £19.95.
Old 25-04-2017, 00:40   #1103
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

Virgin Media's Live Events Channels (Virgin UK Channel 0) has confirmed that this coming Saturday night's Joshua VS Klitschko fight will be shown LIVE in HD for the first time ever on Virgin Media UK to viewers using TiVo or V6 Boxes at the cost of £20.95.

I think the competition from BT Sport is forcing Sky Sports to be less exclusive with its HD events, which can be no bad thing.
Old 25-04-2017, 00:47   #1104
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
I think the competition from BT Sport is forcing Sky Sports to be less exclusive with its HD events, which can be no bad thing.
We feel it maybe part of this rumoured story

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...tising-tie-up/

Will any of the missing Sky Basic Channels also appear???
Old 25-04-2017, 00:50   #1105
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

So £1 more than sky customers then.
Old 25-04-2017, 01:23   #1106
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:

I'm so glad I'm not a boxing fan as the cost of seeing these events are very expensive. If you're a subscriber to sky sports then it works out extremely expensive (sky sports sub's plus box office fee) .
Old 25-04-2017, 01:44   #1107
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
We feel it maybe part of this rumoured story

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...tising-tie-up/

Will any of the missing Sky Basic Channels also appear???
Someone else was suggesting that a few posts back. I wonder who that might have been?
Old 25-04-2017, 03:00   #1108
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

Virgin has still to update the EPG banner for STV Glasgow.
Another forum member has said "There were some issues on Virgin Media which resulted in some people still seeing the STV2 launch promo after 5pm in the Edinburgh region. I reckon it was their EPG not updating for the new channel, since there are some complaints about people in Aberdeen, Dundee and Ayrshire not getting the channel at all.

They are likely broadcasting on the old STV Edinburgh for a couple days as a result of this. The original intention seemed to be that the old channel would no longer be needed after 5pm."

Last I heard about Aberdeen, Ayrshire and Dundee was that all future launches had been cancelled as they would now be served by STV2.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 25-04-2017 at 03:04.
Old 25-04-2017, 04:36   #1109
jj20x

Quote:
I would say it is somewhat unlikely to have launched on VM in Aberdeen, I guess (for this thread at least) that launch can be written down as coming soon, but until VM actually extends the network to Aberdeen, they are unlikely to see a launch of STV2 on Virgin Media there.

I'm not sure how the ex Smallworld coverage areas of Ayrshire are fed. Are they still fed from Carlisle or has the feed switched to Uddingston or elsewhere since the takeover? Either way, I'm not sure how (or why) VM would feed a unique channel to a relatively small area, maybe this will have to wait for any additional premises being added under Project Lightning.

---------- Post added at 03:36 ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
...there are some complaints about people in Aberdeen, Dundee and Ayrshire not getting the channel at all.
Although the people in Aberdeen are also complaining about not getting several other channels on VM.

Last edited by jj20x; 25-04-2017 at 04:48.

Old 25-04-2017, 07:03   #1110
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Still a big rip off at those type of prices.