Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 19-04-2017, 19:35   #3106
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
That's still pretty long, the apps on my smart TV open almost instsntly..
l am sure you could wait a few extra seconds as 20 seconds is pretty quick IMO MM.
Old 19-04-2017, 21:33   #3107
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
That's still pretty long, the apps on my smart TV open almost instantly..
My smart Tv apps open in an instant. I am surprised the V6 is not as quick.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 06:02   #3108
love Virgin2013
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media VIP
love Virgin2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Hi OB,

Changed my 2 V6 boxes over to 5ghz, works superbly. Was really easy to do too.

Went even further and changed my PS4 over as well, managed to get 123meg download over wifi :-)
How do you go about finding out what GHZ is running off and how do you change it over to 5ghz?
love Virgin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 10:49   #3109
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by love Virgin2013 View Post
How do you go about finding out what GHZ is running off and how do you change it over to 5ghz?
Hi there,

You have to type in the router IP address on your web browser (192.168.1.1).

Once signed in (password is on the bottom of your Superhub 3), go to the Wireless settings down the left hand side and then Security sub menu.

The 2.4 and 5g both have the same wireless name and password. If you amend the 5g wireless name (I just added 5ghz on the end for mine)but kept password the same. Then save the changes.

You then have to go to your V6 network settings, connect by Wi-Fi and it should be able to see both 2.4 and 5g Wi-Fi names. Click on the 5g name and enter your password...my connected fine and works perfectly.

I even connected my PS4 Pro too...5ghz wi fi is much quicker. I'm lucky that the PS4 and V6 in living room are close to the router with the 2nd V6 in the bedroom above the living room, so the distance isn't too far.

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 20-04-2017 at 11:11.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 11:09   #3110
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Hi there,

You have to type in the router IP address on your web browser (192.168.1.1).

Once signed in (password is on the bottom of your Superhub 3), go to the Wireless settings down the left hand side and then Security sub menu.

The 2.4 and 5g both have the same wireless name and password. If you amend the 5g wireless name (I just added 5ghz on the end for mine)but kept password the same. Then save the changes.

You then have to go to your V6 network settings, connect by Wi-Fi and it should be able to see both 2.4 and 5g Wi-Fi names. Click on the 5g name and enter your password...my connected fine and works perfectly.

I even connected my PS4 Pro too...5ghz wi fi is much quicker
So why does installer not set it up as 5ghz?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 11:18   #3111
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I'm not sure, they may do it if asked.

I googled it and found how to change the settings from the guys at the VM community forum. Also some help from Old Boy here too :-)

finding the password to the router settings that was on the bottom of the superhub itself was the most taxing part haha
Old 20-04-2017, 11:58   #3112
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Not every ones equipment can do 5ghz but they will do 2.4ghz.
Old 20-04-2017, 12:00   #3113
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Not every ones equipment can do 5ghz but they will do 2.4ghz.
I think Raider means just for the V6 boxes.
Old 20-04-2017, 12:30   #3114
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I think Raider means just for the V6 boxes.
Oh good point!
Old 27-04-2017, 15:14   #3115
trueblood
cf.member

Services: TV XL Phone M BB XL 200 MB V6 x 2
trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough

Hi, I just had a V6 installed. I kept old tivo and moved it to another tv. There is a Samsung V+ thats on the same tv. My plan is to stream tivo recordings to V6 which works fine. The V+ cannot be moved elsewhere.
My problem is the V+ remote control works the Tivo and visa verse. Is there a way of changing either remote code so they don`t clash.
trueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 15:17   #3116
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No sorry. The V box and TiVo control IR codes are the same on purpose.

This was so that if a customer has a problem with their TiVo remote they could use a V box remote, or if they had an already programmed universal remote it would continue working.
Old 27-04-2017, 15:35   #3117
trueblood
cf.member

trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough

Thanks Ben. Oh well thats put a spanner in my plan.
Old 27-04-2017, 16:17   #3118
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Only suggestion I can think of is to put some tape on the front of the TiVo box to cover the IR receiver.

As the TiVo box is connected to the home network, you could use the TV Anywhere app to control it instead.
Old 27-04-2017, 17:29   #3119
trueblood
cf.member

Yes thats what i thought. Just looking for some black insulating tape.
Old 27-04-2017, 21:19   #3120
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Why does the sh3 not have band steering?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote