Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 20-03-2017, 18:05   #856
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Well it's a pretty good bet that the Russian Ambassador is having his phoned tapped.
Oops, they didn't think of that. It's doing 'thinking' where Team Trump falls down. Tweet first, then keep lying to try and justify it. If that doesn't work, Tweet more crap and call anything else 'fake news', then go golfing.

Can they really keep this up for five years? Five months might be a struggle.....
Advertisement
Old 20-03-2017, 19:29   #857
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I am in complete agreement with you here, he does need to show what he has and you will find I have said this a couple of times in this thread.
That's missing the point. What is your deadline for Trump to produce the evidence? Today? Next month? Next year? The statutory deadline was today and he failed to produce the evidence.
You need to acknowledge what Trump has implicitly acknowledged - there is no evidence.
Quote:
You have to ask though, who leaked the information on Michael Flynn speaking to Russian Ambassador about Russia sanctions, they were asking that in that hearing just now, and it clearly points to someone or a set of individuals in the intelligence community that possibly got hold of that information via snooping, you also have to ask how did they get intel on it and which it was then leaked to the press?
This again is another attempt by Trump at distraction. Of course hostile powers' phones are tapped. The leak is far less important than the possible collusion between Trump's team and Russia.
Personally, it's obvious the Russians helped Trump but I doubt any evidence of collusion will be found. And a fresh approach on Russia may be what's needed. But the Russian involvement is worrying.

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Oops, they didn't think of that. It's doing 'thinking' where Team Trump falls down. Tweet first, then keep lying to try and justify it. If that doesn't work, Tweet more crap and call anything else 'fake news', then go golfing.

Can they really keep this up for five years? Five months might be a struggle.....
The trouble is, when you get found out, the only solution is to tell a bigger lie than the last one...
Old 20-03-2017, 19:42   #858
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
That's missing the point. What is your deadline for Trump to produce the evidence? Today? Next month? Next year? The statutory deadline was today and he failed to produce the evidence.
You need to acknowledge what Trump has implicitly acknowledged - there is no evidence.
Do not ever tell me what I need to acknowledge: I judge things my way, not yours and no I'm not missing any point.
Old 20-03-2017, 19:50   #859
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I'm sure James Comey will get to the bottom of Trump and Russia, dishing out some immunity along the way leading to the only people capable of implicating anyone being useless. The James Comey way.

I'm sure evidence of anything to do with Trump and Russia will surface in plain sight, you know somewhere like Reddit, because the FBI are incapable of actually carrying anything out.

Quote:
The investigation will take several months, if not years, will find no real evidence of a crime, but will be used by the media and the Democrats to attack Trump over and over again, like the Republicans did to Clinton.

In the end, nothing will come of this other than some political theater setting the stage for the next election in which Americans will get to pick between two distasteful candidates.
I remember when he was the most corrupt hack in the world when investigating Clinton, all of a sudden he's now Batman. The hero everyone suddenly needs. Nothing's changed, he's still the most incompetent useless sod involved in this.

Still think it's pretty amazing the US of all countries want to be outraged at potential interference into their elections.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 20-03-2017 at 20:11.
Old 20-03-2017, 20:00   #860
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Do not ever tell me what I need to acknowledge: I judge things my way, not yours and no I'm not missing any point.
If that's the case, what's your deadline for Trump to produce the evidence?
Old 20-03-2017, 20:12   #861
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
If that's the case, what's your deadline for Trump to produce the evidence?
Have I been promoted to the investigation panel here ?

Either way, I have no opinion on the matter.
Old 20-03-2017, 21:15   #862
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Why don't people wait until the end of the process before making judgements? Today was just the first day.
Old 20-03-2017, 21:25   #863
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

We have a number of posters in this thread who have a thing about hypocrisy ... how about this as an example?

Trump, critic of Obama's golfing, regularly hits the links

Quote:
President Donald Trump, once a critic of his predecessor's golfing, has visited one of his golf courses in Florida -- seemingly to play the sport -- five of the last seven weekends.
Hang on a minute, didn't he say?

Quote:
"I'm going to be working for you; I'm not going to have time to go play golf," Trump said during a 2016 event in Virginia.

Trump made critiquing Obama for golfing a part of his 2016 message.

"I love golf, I think it's one of the greats, but I don't have time," then-President-elect Trump said during a December 2016 rally in Michigan. "He played more golf last year than Tiger Woods. We don't have time for this. We don't have time for this. We have to work."
You can't make it up ... Trump *is* the gift that keeps giving ..
Old 20-03-2017, 21:34   #864
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Why don't people wait until the end of the process before making judgements? Today was just the first day.
No, it's been the 59th day, each one of them a disaster.....
Quote:
Number of tweets 641 Meters of the wall built 0
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-daily-updates
Old 20-03-2017, 21:50   #865
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If you look at all the questions FBI Chief Comey can't comment on, you have a pretty good idea of the scope of the FBI's investigation....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 20-03-2017, 21:57   #866
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
If you look at all the questions FBI Chief Comey can't comment on, you have a pretty good idea of the scope of the FBI's investigation....
Exactly. Hopefully Passingbat and pals understand the point you're making.

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
No, it's been the 59th day, each one of them a disaster.....
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-daily-updates
Every day has been comedy gold.
Old 20-03-2017, 22:12   #867
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Passingbat is correct in that we should wait until the end of the investigation, so long as the investigation isn't impeded, or until something more concrete emerges. Flynn has gone already.

Manafort might be looked at? The White House was quick to distance themselves from him (he ran the campaign until the Ukraine/Russian links meant he had to step down).
Old 20-03-2017, 22:28   #868
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Exactly. Hopefully Passingbat and pals understand the point you're making.

I have specifically not commented on this, because I really don't know, whether there was Russian collusion or not or whether Trump was under surveillance or not. I'll wait for the full outcome
Old 20-03-2017, 22:40   #869
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I have specifically not commented on this, because I really don't know, whether there was Russian collusion or not or whether Trump was under surveillance or not. I'll wait for the full outcome
There isn't an investigation into Trump being wiretapped. The FBI, DOJ and NSC can't find evidence of it, don't understand how Obama could have done it or what caused Trump's tweet. Unless something from the WH is heading the committee's way today then I guess nothing is happening on that.
Old 20-03-2017, 22:47   #870
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
There isn't an investigation into Trump being wiretapped. The FBI, DOJ and NSC can't find evidence of it, don't understand how Obama could have done it or what caused Trump's tweet. Unless something from the WH is heading the committee's way today then I guess nothing is happening on that.
Quote:
Passingbat, that is the full outcome. There is nothing to wait for on the Trump surveillance front.
The same cannot be said for the separate Russian collusion investigation. That's why FBI Chief Comey didn't comment on it much.
Closed Thread