Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 02-09-2016, 23:58   #121
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Other problems include lying, false reporting, turning up for work drunk and effectively not allowing claimants to record the conversation to protect themslves
Will the Police be investigating these allegations as part of their crackdown on internet trolls?
Old 05-09-2016, 17:34   #122
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Will the Police be investigating these allegations as part of their crackdown on internet trolls?
I doubt it as these are seperate incidents (not allegations), they are more likely to be blacklisted from working with vulnerable people, struck off and dismissed.

They may also be placed onto the Dismissed Staff Register.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:57   #123
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

The best way to avoid most trolls is to ignore them..Give them no debate,never respond and just pretend that they don't exist. They soon get fed and leave. If you can't then you should leave.

Mind if some members did that this place might be empty..
Old 06-09-2016, 14:54   #124
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
The best way to avoid most trolls is to ignore them..Give them no debate,never respond and just pretend that they don't exist. They soon get fed and leave. If you can't then you should leave.

But, but, but, but where's the fun in that ????!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2016, 16:23   #125
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Very true.

A thread over ten years old about telephones was recently ressurected.

It was interesting to see how friendly people were towards each other then and how the overriding focus was on trying to help.

There was none of the point scoring, stirring and trying to be clever business at all.
Old 06-09-2016, 23:29   #126
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I will point out that rep given in the technical forums is higher point wise than in the basement area because we are trying to encourage members to give more technical help in those areas so that's probably why there was so much help offered in that thread.

Indeed I'm wondering how many members have actually read the acceptable use policy recently?Not many I'm thinking.
Old 07-09-2016, 13:35   #127
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Indeed I'm wondering how many members have actually read the acceptable use policy recently?Not many I'm thinking.
I know one that hasn't.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:05   #128
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I will point out that rep given in the technical forums is higher point wise than in the basement area because we are trying to encourage members to give more technical help in those areas so that's probably why there was so much help offered in that thread.

I didn't know that Maggy, it's not something i've looked into.

I agree with your comment Re: Acceptable use policy.
Old 12-09-2016, 19:59   #129
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Police look to treating sexism & misogyny as Hate Crimes:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...lice-crackdown

This behaviour can range from harrassment, to unwanted advances and outright sexual assault.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 12-09-2016 at 20:04.
Old 13-09-2016, 16:01   #130
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I agree with your comment Re: Acceptable use policy.
Pity you don't abide by it.
Old 13-09-2016, 16:27   #131
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Behave!
Old 13-09-2016, 16:53   #132
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

I always try to do Maggy but when you get someone who tries to bypass open discussion by using the rep system...
Old 13-09-2016, 18:22   #133
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Does an ignored person have the ability to give rep?
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 18:26   #134
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I always try to do Maggy but when you get someone who tries to bypass open discussion by using the rep system...
Then use the systems in place to make complaints about abuse. I trust you have read those articles about T&Cs I mentioned.
Old 13-09-2016, 18:46   #135
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
You cannot "bypass discussion" using reps.

Maybe you need to re-read the reputation guidelines.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33602472

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Does an ignored person have the ability to give rep?
AFAIK, Yes.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote