Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 31-08-2015, 14:29   #1906
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I'm not that overwhelmed by that list, the one. I know that these were just a few of the shows, but I note that all of these shows are available in the UK.

I think that signing up for Amazon Prime and Now TV meets just about all my needs now. The only shows I cannot access now are 'Fear of the Walking Dead' and 'Rectify', which are both on BT'S new AMC channel, which you have kindly reassured us will be on Virgin Media soon!
Rectify is on netflix canada.
Advertisement
Old 31-08-2015, 15:05   #1907
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I think that signing up for Amazon Prime and Now TV meets just about all my needs now. The only shows I cannot access now are 'Fear of the Walking Dead' and 'Rectify', which are both on BT'S new AMC channel, which you have kindly reassured us will be on Virgin Media soon!
Amazon have the UK rights to stream Fear the Walking Dead after the first run is complete, so probably early next year. I am prepared to wait as I have enough to watch at the moment. Amazon are building up quite an interesting collection of TV shows.
Old 31-08-2015, 15:16   #1908
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
Amazon have the UK rights to stream Fear the Walking Dead after the first run is complete, so probably early next year. I am prepared to wait as I have enough to watch at the moment. Amazon are building up quite an interesting collection of TV shows.
I agree. Having just looked at the mountain of recordings I have to get through, a 3 month wait is fine by me. I'm just starting to watch series that are over a year old now!
Old 31-08-2015, 15:56   #1909
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I agree. Having just looked at the mountain of recordings I have to get through, a 3 month wait is fine by me. I'm just starting to watch series that are over a year old now!
I know that feeling lol i have a huge watchlist i need to get through.
Old 31-08-2015, 16:01   #1910
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
I'm not that overwhelmed by that list, the one. I know that these were just a few of the shows, but I note that all of these shows are available in the UK.

I think that signing up for Amazon Prime and Now TV
meets just about all my needs now. The only shows I cannot access now are 'Fear of the Walking Dead' and 'Rectify', which are both on BT'S new AMC channel, which you have kindly reassured us will be on Virgin Media soon!
I don't recall you saying that you would be using Amazon Prime and Now TV. Obviously, that changes the whole UK availability situation.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Quote:
both on BT'S new AMC channel, which you have kindly reassured us will be on Virgin Media soon!
It wasn't me that assured you; I don't have a clue if it will arrive or not.
Old 31-08-2015, 17:37   #1911
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I don't recall you saying that you would be using Amazon Prime and Now TV. Obviously, that changes the whole UK availability situation.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

It wasn't me that assured you; I don't have a clue if it will arrive or not.
Sorry, my post may have been misleading in that I quoted your post but was directing my comments to theone.

On your first comment, of course I understand that not all TV and streaming services are available throughout the UK. I was really pointing out that the vpn alternative was not as appealing as I once thought it would be. The lack of good broadband speeds will clearly affect vpn wannabes as well, and most people in the UK are able to get either satellite or cable services, so I'm not quite sure what point you were making here.
Old 31-08-2015, 18:05   #1912
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Sorry, my post may have been misleading in that I quoted your post but was directing my comments to theone.

On your first comment, of course I understand that not all TV and streaming services are available throughout the UK. I was really pointing out that the vpn alternative was not as appealing as I once thought it would be. The lack of good broadband speeds will clearly affect vpn wannabes as well, and most people in the UK are able to get either satellite or cable services, so I'm not quite sure what point you were making here.
My vpn hits 35.4mbs everytime and never drops speed which is good as my speed is only 37.9mbs anyway, the free ones are the ones to avoid as they rarely hit 7mbs but most paid ones handle high demand without issue or speed drops. Streaming is now starting to overtake cable in the US and although quite a way to go here before the whole uk has high speed broadband streaming is taking off very well here too.
Regarding AMC my source is adamant vm are getting it by end of 2015 but MBs sources say otherwise so it is anyones guess at moment i am trying to find out more info though.
Old 31-08-2015, 18:05   #1913
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

Because in this post:

Quote:
Although having looked at the '20 most popular box sets' on the US version of Netfix, we do appear to have access to them all.

I think I must commence a detailed comparison of these US sites with what we have on offer over here so I can work out whether there are any advantages to looking at the vpn solution.

As soon as I have a spare half day...!
you were clearly comparing UK Netflix to US Netflix, with no mention of Amazon Prime or Now TV. You suggested, based on, the '20 most popular box sets' that there was no advantage to having US Netflix, based on the 'Top 20'.

I was pointing out, of the top of my head, that several notable shows are on other Netflix regions but not on UK.

Now, you bring in another goal post change of including Prime and Now TV.
Old 31-08-2015, 18:18   #1914
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Because in this post:

you were clearly comparing UK Netflix to US Netflix, with no mention of Amazon Prime or Now TV. You suggested, based on, the '20 most popular box sets' that there was no advantage to having US Netflix, based on the 'Top 20'.

I was pointing out, of the top of my head, that several notable shows are on other Netflix regions but not on UK.

Now, you bring in another goal post change of including Prime and Now TV.
That is very pedantic of you, I think, PB! I clearly said 'we appear to have access to them all'. I didn't say, nor did I mean 'on Netflix'.

I was comparing what you could get via a vpn with what we have access to in the UK. That is all.

My conclusion is that I will not be going down the 'unblockus' route, as I had been considering before.
Old 31-08-2015, 19:18   #1915
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
That is very pedantic of you, I think, PB! I .

Not really. in your original post you were clearly comparing content on Netflix regions. And I replied to your post based on that.

I was well aware that many of the titles I posted were available on Amazon Prime, but there was no indication in your post of Prime being relevant or that you subscribe to Amazon Prime.
Old 31-08-2015, 19:49   #1916
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Not really. in your original post you were clearly comparing content on Netflix regions. And I replied to your post based on that.

I was well aware that many of the titles I posted were available on Amazon Prime, but there was no indication in your post of Prime being relevant or that you subscribe to Amazon Prime.
Yes, really, PB. I was comparing available US Netflix programmes with what we have access to here.

It was your assumption, and not my intention, that I was comparing US Netflix with UK Netflix.

For my part, I apologise for not making myself clearer, although I have to say that when posting on here, it appears that you should cover all bases, as if you were writing a legal document! I completely accept that you thought I was comparing with UK Netflix, but if you re-read my post, I did not actually say that. I know what I meant!
Old 31-08-2015, 21:59   #1917
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Yes, really, PB. I was comparing available US Netflix programmes with what we have access to here.

It was your assumption, and not my intention, that I was comparing US Netflix with UK Netflix.

For my part, I apologise for not making myself clearer, although I have to say that when posting on here, it appears that you should cover all bases, as if you were writing a legal document! I completely accept that you thought I was comparing with UK Netflix, but if you re-read my post, I did not actually say that. I know what I meant!

Do you subscribe to Amazon Prime and Now TV, OB?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:07   #1918
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Thousands of movies to be removed from Netflix by the end of September.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34110968
Old 01-09-2015, 09:12   #1919
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Apple is reportedly planning to make its own movies and TV shows
http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/31/92...ming-streaming
Old 01-09-2015, 09:20   #1920
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well they certainly have the finances that's for sure.