Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

[Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

Old 16-03-2004, 01:29   #46
bigitup_j
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, TV and 20mb Broadband
bigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bigitup_j Send a message via Yahoo to bigitup_j
Re: CR3: Any Feedback or Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan
I can see this post getting culled, but here's something to make you smile:

That's the cartoon 'remote control' that guides you though using LCR3. But does he remind anyone else of Mr Hankey?

*leaves shamefaced*

bigitup_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2004, 10:20   #47
crowston
Inactive

crowston is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice
it works it
looks good too

I AM FROM S****HORPE

what a really like is the Rearrangement of channels fuction
crowston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 13:17   #48
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

does anybody know when the CR3 set up is coming to Harlow essex, as we have the horrible purple colour that when you are watching a channel and pres select up comes a purple box with program title but no other info, is this cured on CR3
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 13:22   #49
slimshady
Inactive

slimshady is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it me or does this new CR3 - Langley - suffer from the problem with the changes becoming un-ordered that we got on CR3 - Bromley - its just I've got me music changes in my favourites but all the rest are in a terrible order? - Anyone else notice this?
slimshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 15:37   #50
jburton
Inactive

jburton is an unknown quantity at this point

Should I be worried that, even though I live in Colchester, I haven't had the new upgrade yet?

JonB
jburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 15:38   #51
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The channel order on cr3 should be the same as cr2. unless you had favs set in which case it would try to keep them
Old 16-03-2004, 16:00   #52
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ewles
does anybody know when the CR3 set up is coming to Harlow essex, as we have the horrible purple colour that when you are watching a channel and pres select up comes a purple box with program title but no other info, is this cured on CR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam B
Finally, please do not ask about dates for other areas as these have not been released yet. This is because they are subject to change and we will not issue dates until they are confirmed to avoid disappointment and dissatisfaction. As soon as new dates are released, we will publish them here. In the same way, we will not answer questions about future developments, other than to give general intentions. We will, however, answer all queries, technical or otherwise, on this specific software where we can.

We look forward to your comments and questions.

Cheers
Sam
Sorry David, but Sam has already said she can't answer questions like this on CR2 etc.

I'm sure it won't be too long now anyway.

Welcome to nthw btw.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 17:29   #53
Andy
Inactive

Andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the LCR animated remote control have Simone Bien's voice?
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 17:30   #54
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
Does the LCR animated remote control have Simone Bien's voice?
Sadly not. I dunno about Mr Hankey but he reminds me of one of the village people.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 17:53   #55
Proppinupthebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburton
Should I be worried that, even though I live in Colchester, I haven't had the new upgrade yet?

JonB
The box will only upgrade if left in standby for 3 mins or so. Or you could power cycle it.
Old 17-03-2004, 17:18   #56
paul_hadley
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, Virgin ADSL2+ and Virgin phone
paul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the rough

I recieved a reply to an email that I sent to David Thatcher (David.Thatcher@ntl.com), and the email said:

Paul

Thanks for the email. WE are working on the next phase for our ex CWC areas and would expect to implement something later this year but right now I'm afraid I can't publicly confirm a detailed timetable. Just for information, though, the latest Langley changes are designed to bring that part of our network up to the same standard as you already have so you are not missing out on anything critical!

David

I thought that it might interest some people living in ex-cwc areas, like myself, because it looks as though we will not recieve a software upgrade until later this year.
paul_hadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 00:03   #57
Big Ted
Inactive

Big Ted is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if Sam is able to tell us how the trial is going from ntl's point of view?

Has CS been underwhelmed with comment, as this thread is - and have any bugs - major or minor - been found?
Big Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 09:54   #58
Sam B
Inactive

Sam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ted
I wonder if Sam is able to tell us how the trial is going from ntl's point of view?

Has CS been underwhelmed with comment, as this thread is - and have any bugs - major or minor - been found?
The trial is going well, and the code is now being released to three more areas.

From next Tuesday 23rd March, Luton, Cambridge and Belfast will start to receive the download also. The mailings to advise of this will start to arrive from this morning.

Cheers
Sam
Sam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 10:44   #59
abun880007x
Inactive

abun880007x is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The trial is going well, and the code is now being released to three more areas.

From next Tuesday 23rd March, Luton, Cambridge and Belfast will start to receive the download also. The mailings to advise of this will start to arrive from this morning.

Cheers
Sam
Hi Sam B

When do you think a full roll out schedule for CR3 will be available, I live in the Hemel Hempstead area and cant wait for the upgrade.

Cheers

abun880007x
abun880007x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 10:46   #60
eoin.miskell
cf.member

Services: 2 V360 boxes, 350MB BB
eoin.miskell is on a distinguished roadeoin.miskell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to eoin.miskell

Quote:

Cheers
Sam
Does the Luton release include St. Albans and Hemel Hempstead?
eoin.miskell is offline   Reply With Quote