Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC iPlayer not loading

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

BBC iPlayer not loading

Old 22-01-2021, 11:07   #1
plantlover
cf.member

plantlover is on a distinguished roadplantlover is on a distinguished road
BBC iPlayer not loading

In the past 2 days iPlayer will not load by any normal route (other catch up is unaffected). The only workaround that seems to be effective is to find the app on the V6, disconnect the HDMI lead from the 12 year old Panasonic TV, then press OK to load the app on the box and then reconnect the TV. I know from the Virgin Media help forum others have also found this, my second box upstairs with a different make TV works perfectly. Is this a general problem, and any suggestions as to how it can be permanently solved, other than by buying a new TV!?
plantlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-01-2021, 11:12   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: BBC iPlayer not loading

This seems to have arisen over the last couple of days. I’m sure Virgin Media will be working to get a fix.
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 13:51   #3
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

BBC iPlayer app not working - F008756637
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 14:08   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

May be fixed now. Please can you try it and report back?

ps. Nice username
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 14:48   #5
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

It is so slow on our TiVo, we use the Amazon fire stick for all catch up channels.
Old 22-01-2021, 14:59   #6
plantlover
cf.member

plantlover is on a distinguished roadplantlover is on a distinguished road

Everything working fine at the moment - thanks spiderplant!
plantlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 17:52   #7
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
It is so slow on our TiVo, we use the Amazon fire stick for all catch up channels.
You've not thought of a V6? TiVo is well known to be slow at loading the streaming apps.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 19:33   #8
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
You've not thought of a V6? TiVo is well known to be slow at loading the streaming apps.
Vm charge £99 for a swap !

I've always used my smart TV for iPlayer it's faster to load than both my V6 and Tivo boxes.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 21:24   #9
bluecatt73
cf.member

Services: M250 Broadband, Mega TV, Sky Sports HD, Netflix, Disney+
bluecatt73 is an unknown quantity at this point

BBC iPlayer is still not working for me on my TV360 box. I've rebooted twice now to no effect. Netflix and YouTube are both fine, btw.
bluecatt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 14:38   #10
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Quote:
It's still slow on the V6 compared to a decent Smart TV from the last 5 years. Plus the V6 seems to like logging you out of iPlayer. I'ts "good enough" for people with older TV's I guess.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 18:08   #11
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

I have a V6 in my room, the other 2 are the old TiVo which my dad has stuff to watch on.