Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New price rises 2021!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New price rises 2021!

Old 26-02-2021, 20:57   #121
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Services: Virgin Media VIP - 2 x V6, M350 & phone
browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road
Re: New price rises 2021!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
call and ask to be put through to customer relations
Thats what I did before, got an offer but still more than I was hoping. Just wondered if by calling back with 2 weeks to go I'd be showing my hand too early. Or whether in all likelihood if they were going to reach out they would have already done it.

First time I've actually followed through with this process on the advice of many!
browneggsandham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2021, 21:34   #122
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneggsandham View Post
Thats what I did before, got an offer but still more than I was hoping. Just wondered if by calling back with 2 weeks to go I'd be showing my hand too early. Or whether in all likelihood if they were going to reach out they would have already done it.

First time I've actually followed through with this process on the advice of many!
You should NEVER take this approach unless you intend to follow through if they call your bluff.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 21:54   #123
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Been 2 weeks since I gave my notice now and I've heard nothing, is it worth calling again to re-discuss or should I hold my nerve a bit longer?

Phone line left open in order to retain phone number for switch - would this prevent me being identified by the outbound team as a 'leaver'?
Yes, I believe because you've kept the phone service live, you won't get a callback until VM receive a request to takeover your number from a new provider.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 22:27   #124
browneggsandham
I try to help.

browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
You should NEVER take this approach unless you intend to follow through if they call your bluff.
Oh I'm prepared to, I'd just rather not
Old 26-02-2021, 23:00   #125
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
Has anyone been sent(Quickstart) a V6 box lately?
I've been told as of 2 days ago that one will be sent. But some info that I've read on here seems to say that there are no V6 boxes available anymore. Just the 360 box.
V6s are still available if you need one.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 01:57   #126
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
V6s are still available if you need one.
Yes cheers. I have one on the way. Was just a tad worried whether it will actually come at all or not. Because on here, and elsewhere it seemed as though some people were saying that V6s weren't available anymore. Just the 360.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 05:04   #127
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
Yes cheers. I have one on the way. Was just a tad worried whether it will actually come at all or not. Because on here, and elsewhere it seemed as though some people were saying that V6s weren't available anymore. Just the 360.
Think that's just for new customers.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2021, 11:37   #128
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Still no news of any price rise and it's March tomorrow. Maybe they know not to bother with me or i'll kick up a fuss
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2021, 11:59   #129
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Still no news of any price rise and it's March tomorrow. Maybe they know not to bother with me or i'll kick up a fuss
Don't speak too soon.

Our contract finishes in just under 4 weeks so there is going to be some tough bargaining if they want to keep our custom.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:12   #130
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Just an update. I decided to call back this morning before confirming an order elsewhere.

Offered Ultimate Oomph for £95 for 18 months so decided to take that. Could have held out but it's not far off the new customer price so reasonably happy with that.
Old 04-03-2021, 15:27   #131
Huxie
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Volt
Huxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Just an update. I decided to call back this morning before confirming an order elsewhere.

Offered Ultimate Oomph for £95 for 18 months so decided to take that. Could have held out but it's not far off the new customer price so reasonably happy with that.
Hmmm, wish I’d had the bottle to follow through when my renewal was due in January, I took the £110 offer

Does your new Ultimate Oomph include UHD?
Huxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 15:39   #132
browneggsandham
I try to help.

I asked and was told it does. Changes go through from tomorrow so I'll check and report back. I'll be on the blower if not!
Old 06-03-2021, 21:52   #133
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Quote:
I asked and was told it does. Changes go through from tomorrow so I'll check and report back. I'll be on the blower if not!
Turns out didn't include Sky UHD Couple of phone calls later and they've agreed to honour it with a rolling bill credit of £6.

Updated contract shows £101 rather than £95 but I'm guessing it won't reflect the bill credit. Proof will be in the pudding - i'll keep a close eye!