Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can I pause my skysports package while there is no live football on ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Can I pause my skysports package while there is no live football on ?

Old 09-07-2020, 14:34   #166
Huxie
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Volt
Huxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Can I pause my skysports package while there is no live football on ?

Checked my bill today and there is an additional charge of £11.70. This is an adjustment to cover the fact that the sport subscription restarted on 19/06/20 but I had received a ‘pause’ credit for the whole month.

Last edited by Huxie; 09-07-2020 at 14:43.
Huxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2020, 14:49   #167
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxie View Post
Checked my bill today and there is an additional charge of £11.70. This is an adjustment to cover the fact that the sport subscription restarted on 19/06/20 but I had received a ‘pause’ credit for the whole month.

No, payments resume from 19th June for sky/BT sports.

You pay in advance, the email sent out clearly explained this situation because people's payment falls on different dates there would be an adjustment.

Unless the amount is incorrect for the number of days service resumed you have no complaint
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 15:02   #168
Huxie
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Volt
Huxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about them

???????

I wasn’t complaining, merely pointing out the adjustment that had been made so others would be aware of what to possibly expect on their bills.
Huxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 20:51   #169
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Sports subscribers who paused will get various charges or credits, depending on their billing date and which channels they subscribe to. There's a bit more info at https://www.virginmedia.com/pausesports
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:51   #170
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I often find there are charges/credits on both my VM and Sky bills which don't make any sense - but the total at the end is what I expect.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:59   #171
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

If you were only interested in cricket surely your discount should last longer ?
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:54   #172
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
If you were only interested in cricket surely your discount should last longer ?
The discount didn't work like that - it would have been impossible to do so - for instance I could say I'm only interested in English Rugby League and English Rugby Union - neither of which will start until at least August.

How can Sky/BT be expected to cater for millions of subscribers individual cases.

They worked on the majority case (Premiership football) and allowed people to watch their channels despite not paying from them - I'm not really sure what more they could realistically have done.
Old 10-07-2020, 14:15   #173
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
The discount didn't work like that - it would have been impossible to do so - for instance I could say I'm only interested in English Rugby League and English Rugby Union - neither of which will start until at least August.

How can Sky/BT be expected to cater for millions of subscribers individual cases.

They worked on the majority case (Premiership football) and allowed people to watch their channels despite not paying from them - I'm not really sure what more they could realistically have done.
I would reluctantly agree with that, but...

They were quick to resume payments from the very day that football restarted. I don't recall them being as quick to make sure paused payments/credits were backdated to the very day that football stopped.

BT Sport credits on VM were just left to run on the basis you'd had them but weren't getting anymore. Sky were quick to claw back every penny they coud as soon as they could.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 15:13   #174
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
I would reluctantly agree with that, but...

They were quick to resume payments from the very day that football restarted. I don't recall them being as quick to make sure paused payments/credits were backdated to the very day that football stopped.

BT Sport credits on VM were just left to run on the basis you'd had them but weren't getting anymore. Sky were quick to claw back every penny they coud as soon as they could.
I for one was pleasantly surprised that they gave the discounts for sports whilst you were still able to view, record and watch recordings from sports channels.

I can think of other areas where companies have failed to act in this way,

Car Insurance
Rail discount card
Rugby season ticket refunds

Not to mention the long wait I am having to get a refund for my Italian trip in March.
Old 10-07-2020, 15:37   #175
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I can think of other areas where companies have failed to act in this way,

Car Insurance
Not all. From MSM:
"Admiral Group Insurers – which includes Admiral, Bell, Diamond and Elephant brands – are awarding all their car and van insurance customers an automatic £25 refund on their premiums.

The rebate will be applied automatically by the end of May (so long as your policy was in place as of 20 April 2020) according to the insurer group, so you don’t need to make an application.

LV= has also confirmed it is paying out between £20 and £50 to car and motorbike insurance customers – but only if they have been financially affected by coronavirus.

The cash will be offered to customers who have:

been made unemployed since 1 March
furloughed but not yet received money through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
self-employed, unable to work and not yet received money through the Self-employment Income Support Scheme
"
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 16:51   #176
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Not all. From MSM:
"Admiral Group Insurers – which includes Admiral, Bell, Diamond and Elephant brands – are awarding all their car and van insurance customers an automatic £25 refund on their premiums.

The rebate will be applied automatically by the end of May (so long as your policy was in place as of 20 April 2020) according to the insurer group, so you don’t need to make an application.

LV= has also confirmed it is paying out between £20 and £50 to car and motorbike insurance customers – but only if they have been financially affected by coronavirus.

The cash will be offered to customers who have:

been made unemployed since 1 March
furloughed but not yet received money through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
self-employed, unable to work and not yet received money through the Self-employment Income Support Scheme
"
Very generous £25 off when car use over the last 3 months has been negligible - better than nothing I know but should have been a percentage of the premium rather than a flat amount.
Old 10-07-2020, 18:37   #177
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

A very small number of insurance companies giving a small refund, no sign of anything from mine.

I used my car so little that I discovered a Ford "feature" Id never heard of, it went into 'Sleep Mode', meaning it didnt respond to my remote key anymore.

I ended up calling out my breakdown service, it turned out that opening it with a manual key is required to wake it up.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 14:55   #178
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
A very small number of insurance companies giving a small refund, no sign of anything from mine.

I used my car so little that I discovered a Ford "feature" Id never heard of, it went into 'Sleep Mode', meaning it didnt respond to my remote key anymore.

I ended up calling out my breakdown service, it turned out that opening it with a manual key is required to wake it up.
I've had loads of Fords over the years but never knew that feature.