Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Windows 10 Feature Update Version 1903 - May 2019

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Windows 10 Feature Update Version 1903 - May 2019

Old 15-06-2019, 14:12   #1
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Services: Virgin Media Tivo Kahuna Big Bundle, phone and Broadband.
beaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the rough
Windows 10 Feature Update Version 1903 - May 2019

I have Windows 10 version 1809 and it is working perfect.

Windows 10 1903 May 2019 Feature Update has recently appeared on my updates as an optional "install when you are ready" update. It is kept in permanent suspension from normal updates.

Checking the web on this Windows 10 1903 May 2019 Feature Update, I find that even experienced users have had a lot of trouble downloading and installing this update and trouble thereafter with auxiliary programs failing.
Complaints of frozen downloads or installs, being stuck at incomplete for many hours and having to attempt a restore of previous Windows, plus more problems.
Some have installed it without trouble and it is working well. Who Dares Wins ?
It depends upon your individual PC, device and set-up.

My decision is to put this update on ice until such a time as it has been officially cleaned of trouble by time, feedback and Microsoft updates and auxiliary programs have had time to catch up and become compatible. After the October 2018 debacle with Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, I am going to tread very carefully, observing the golden rule - If it 'aint broke, don't fix it.
2 - 4 months delay in installing 1903 should be adequate.

Windows 1903 incorporates a sandbox, which may conflict with users who use Sandboxie.

Windows 10 version 1809 end of service life is May 12, 2020, so there is no rush to install 1903.
End of service life for Windows 1903 is December 8, 2020.

1903 is a massive OS Feature Update - https://tinyurl.com/y4jua2lj

Last edited by beaker17; 15-06-2019 at 15:20.
beaker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement