Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Explosion in French city of Lyon injures at least 13 people

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Explosion in French city of Lyon injures at least 13 people

Old 25-05-2019, 22:15   #1
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Explosion in French city of Lyon injures at least 13 people

Police last night locked down the Victor Hugo area of the French city Lyon while the streets were filled with soldiers and firefighters, local media reported.
Anti-terror cops are hunting a male suspect after 13 people were injured when a parcel bomb filled with “nails, bolts and screws” exploded during rush hour in Lyon yesterday.

https://voiceofeurope.com/2019/05/te...year-old-girl/

Strangely, nothing in the UK press

[Admin Insert: Now being reported: On Sky News: here : Guardian: here & BBC: here ]
Advertisement
Old 25-05-2019, 23:14   #2
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Explosion in French city of Lyon injures at least 13 people

I saw it on Sky: https://news.sky.com/story/french-po...spect-11728050
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 00:34   #3
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Guardian
Quote:
French police are hunting a suspect believed to have deposited a paper bag containing a device that exploded on Friday, wounding 13 people on a busy pedestrian street in the city of Lyon.
BBC
Quote:
French police have made an appeal for information in their hunt for a man suspected of planting a parcel bomb in Lyon, which injured 13 people.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 01:06   #4
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
I stand corrected. It wasn't obviously reported in the Telegraph, Spectator or the Times
Old 26-05-2019, 01:11   #5
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
That's what I was wondering. Perhaps he's intimating that the story is made up?

---------- Post added at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was at 00:03 ----------

I stand corrected. It wasn't obviously reported in the Telegraph, Spectator or the Times
Doesn't take much to do a search to see if something has been reported by other sources.
Telegraph

Last edited by nomadking; 26-05-2019 at 01:15.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 01:19   #6
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Doesn't take much to do a search to see if something has been reported by other sources.
Telegraph
As I said, I stand corrected.
It is interesting though that pretty much everyone here has focused on my last throwaway comment rather than the news item that I posted describing a nail bomb and the people injured by it.
Why is that?
Old 26-05-2019, 03:22   #7
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It is interesting though that pretty much everyone here has focused on my last throwaway comment rather than the news item that I posted describing a nail bomb and the people injured by it.
Why is that?
I know, pathetic isn't it which is why I have deleted such ridiculous posts which bear no relevance to this incident.

There better not be a repeat of this because I am getting pissed off with certain members on here, accusing certain news sources of being far right/left. It's not on topic, so pack it in.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 08:29   #8
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Why is that?
I think it's because the changing nature of how the media covers suspected acts of terrorism is interesting. There was a time when this would be rolling news, across the front pages and dominating the news cycle. A couple of years back something changes and now whilst the media reports it they don't give it huge prominence. I think as a result it makes the acts of terror less effective. It's a similar argument to not going overboard on school shootings as it could encourage others.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 11:57   #9
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think it's because the changing nature of how the media covers suspected acts of terrorism is interesting. There was a time when this would be rolling news, across the front pages and dominating the news cycle. A couple of years back something changes and now whilst the media reports it they don't give it huge prominence. I think as a result it makes the acts of terror less effective. It's a similar argument to not going overboard on school shootings as it could encourage others.