Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Loyalty costs many a lot

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Loyalty costs many a lot

Old 19-12-2018, 10:46   #1
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Loyalty costs many a lot

Quote:
Loyal customers are being "ripped off" for mobile, broadband, savings, home insurance and mortgage deals.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46596162
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-12-2018, 11:48   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Loyalty costs many a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
No surprise to anyone who has to ' renegotiate' with VM each year. I bet most of their customers don't realise they can negotiate and there's such a thing as being 'out of contract'. Dread to think what I'd be paying if I'd never negotiated over the last 20 years...

However they are all at it, insurance companies the worst. Autorenew and direct debits aren't for your benefit. It's a pain, but you have to quibble each year and don't let things renew with inflated premiums, most don't bother. You could say 'buyer beware' but most are being totally ripped off and it needs sorting out. It's the vulnerable/elderly that get most hit by this.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 11:52   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

The problem with moving from VM broadband is usually a vast reduction of speed and with possibly having to move the phone line too.
Old 19-12-2018, 13:50   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

According to todays ITV lunchtime news, the bad news is that those of us who receive discounts are likely to lose them to pay for reductions to customers who don't negotiate a lower price.

They also said that they want to ensure that TV contracts are as easy to leave as they are to join, which is exactly what i'll be doing if they try to charge me the full listed prices.

It wasn't made clear if this meant effectively abolishing contracts or removing the loopholes/obstacles that companies put in place to prevent customers leaving.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 13:57   #5
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Unless the number of new customers each year is substantial compared to the existing customer base, then any proposed changes will make little or no difference to the prices. The ones that would lose out would be new customers.

If these moronic regulators are going to adopt these principles, then surely they should insist that non-big six energy suppliers should also have the "green" taxes applied to them. Essentially they don't have them in order to attract new customers. What is the real difference. Then you have the continuing problem of new energy suppliers setting up with cheap rates to attract customers and then going bust because of it.

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
According to todays ITV lunchtime news, the bad news is that those of us who receive discounts are likely to lose them to pay for reductions to customers who don't negotiate a lower price.

They also said that they want to ensure that TV contracts are as easy to leave as they are to join, which is exactly what i'll be doing if they try to charge me the full listed prices.

It wasn't made clear if this meant effectively abolishing contracts or removing the loopholes/obstacles that companies put in place to prevent customers leaving.
It costs money for companies to install with new customers. If those costs are not spread over the length of the minimum contract period then there would have to be large upfront costs instead. Do these people live in the real world?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 15:02   #6
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

I'm perfectly happy to pay the full price for my Vivid 350 as advertised on the website . i don't feel like i'm being ripped off in anyway ,in fact i'v said many times before on these forums BB is too cheap as it is !!
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 15:26   #7
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I don't agree with the way loyal customers are treated, but there has been enough publicity about this, so I guess you now have the choice of whether or not to get ripped off.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 17:29   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Unless the number of new customers each year is substantial compared to the existing customer base, then any proposed changes will make little or no difference to the prices. The ones that would lose out would be new customers.

If these moronic regulators are going to adopt these principles, then surely they should insist that non-big six energy suppliers should also have the "green" taxes applied to them. Essentially they don't have them in order to attract new customers. What is the real difference. Then you have the continuing problem of new energy suppliers setting up with cheap rates to attract customers and then going bust because of it.

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

It costs money for companies to install with new customers. If those costs are not spread over the length of the minimum contract period then there would have to be large upfront costs instead. Do these people live in the real world?
I don't think that the concept of minimum contracts will be changed tbh, I think they were referring to how easy they make it to join, yet they make it difficult to cancel.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 18:09   #9
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I don't think that the concept of minimum contracts will be changed tbh, I think they were referring to how easy they make it to join, yet they make it difficult to cancel.
The whole point about a contract is that it shouldn't be too easy to leave. Otherwise there is little point in having a contract.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote