Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wanting to complain who do I speak to?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Wanting to complain who do I speak to?

Old 19-12-2018, 21:43   #16
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Wanting to complain who do I speak to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It's not unusual for VM to agree one thing (often a price) and then renege on it.

When the customer calls to find out what's happening they are treated to such soundbites as "There's nothing on the notes", "You would never have been told that", "There's no evidence to support what you are saying" etc. In other words, any confusion is because the customer has got it wrong or they are all but called a liar.

One way to deal with this is to ask them to obtain a recording of the phone call (though, conveniently, these are often 'unavailable'). Another way is to insist that the member of staff who logged into your account is traced on the relevant date. You will usually be asked who you spoke to, but staff often refuse to give their names or will only give out their first name, then when you complain they will try to fob you off with "without a name we can't help you" or "without a surname we can't help you, do you realise how many members of staff with that first name work here?"

The excuses range from abrupt statements such as "I don't have to give you my name" (said in the tone of a petulant child), to some nonsense about the Data Protection Act (when pushed it becomes clear that they have no idea what they are talking about). On one occasion it was even said that they were afraid that customers might look for them on social media!!

Long term customers don't appear to be exempt from this treatment, in fact i'd go so far as saying that this means nothing to them whatsoever.

I ended up speaking to senior management after the dreadful way that I was treated/spoken to. They were very apologetic and persuaded me to stay after various financial incentives were offered along with free Sky Cinema, however, this keeps happening. Frontline staff don't seem capable/willing to resolve (often very basic) issues and are then perfectly happy to take notice to leave from customers of long standing with utter indifference.

Again, I wish you luck!
Another way to deal with it is just leave. Vote with your feet.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-12-2018, 10:16   #17
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Another way to deal with it is just leave. Vote with your feet.
Although it should be noted that in the OP's case, his parents had left simply because there was no cable at their new home.

VM should have been clearer in their communications in that instance, but the reason for what they saw as an overpayment appears to have been that they were still in a contract.

Maybe it is time for Virgin and Sky to stop putting people on time related contracts and let their customers leave within the month, as per Netflix, Amazon and Now TV.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2018, 10:17   #18
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Amazon, Netflix, and Now TV don’t have equipment and installation costs - these need to be recouped.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2018, 12:52   #19
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Amazon, Netflix, and Now TV don’t have equipment and installation costs - these need to be recouped.
Fair point.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote