Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Best password manager.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Best password manager.

Old 19-04-2018, 00:17   #16
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts
Re: Best password manager.

roboform is another one but you have to pay for the sync version
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2018, 12:09   #17
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
roboform is another one but you have to pay for the sync version
https://paul.reviews/how-secure-is-r...ute-challenge/

''If you're required to hand over a password, a phrase or indeed anything you know to gain access to your data, that's authentication... not encryption. They may encrypt the data at some point down the line and I see no reason why they'd choose to keep your key, but it doesn't alter the fact the entire process has been undermined from the outset''

LastPass for me as it's totally encrypted and they don't keep the master password on their servers..
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 12:44   #18
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunkdup View Post
https://paul.reviews/how-secure-is-r...ute-challenge/

''If you're required to hand over a password, a phrase or indeed anything you know to gain access to your data, that's authentication... not encryption. They may encrypt the data at some point down the line and I see no reason why they'd choose to keep your key, but it doesn't alter the fact the entire process has been undermined from the outset''

LastPass for me as it's totally encrypted and they don't keep the master password on their servers..
Would that not be for sync reasons so you can access across all sites? or on the off chance you lose access control you can contact them to gain access?
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 12:53   #19
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
Would that not be for sync reasons so you can access across all sites? or on the off chance you lose access control you can contact them to gain access?
You simply sync the encrypted data and the client machine decrypts it, merges or whatever it needs to do.

LastPass you set up one time passwords and then print them out. This can give you access so you can sort out your master password. You can also trust certain machines so that if you forget the master password you can sort of bypass it on those devices. You can also setup an emergency "contact" who can access your vault for those under the bus type situations.

But the basic idea is that if you lose your master password there is a good chance you've lost your data.
Old 20-04-2018, 01:54   #20
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Thanks fir the info. everyone.

Now that i've installed the LastPass app, when I go to a site to log in, a LastPass pop up appears. I enter my password as requested and get the message ' No sites matched'.

Do I have to input a list of password protected sites somewhere on LastPass? I thought that it would somehow pick this up itself as I logged into various sites over time
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 09:40   #21
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Log in to last pass so the icon goes red at top of browser, then when you visit a site and log in for the first time last pass asks you whether you wish to save the password.

When up and running you can either click the last pass icon in the password box or set last pass to auto fill and log in.