Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 300/350M availablity?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

300/350M availablity?

Old 16-01-2018, 19:51   #16
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 300/350M availablity?

yeah I think that is the sticking point atm. Igni has said in the past that the network can handle 500mbits NOW if they wanted to make it available however I think the thing which is holding them back is the upstream capacity. Going from 12mbits up to 20 is more than half as much again so they definitely have their work cut out.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2018, 20:20   #17
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

I switched to 300Mb service, shows up as 350Mb though. 20 d/s and 4 u/s, been like this since middle of last year (not speed).
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 20:32   #18
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
yeah I think that is the sticking point atm. Igni has said in the past that the network can handle 500mbits NOW if they wanted to make it available however I think the thing which is holding them back is the upstream capacity. Going from 12mbits up to 20 is more than half as much again so they definitely have their work cut out.
Does make me wonder whether 20Mb upload should of been made available in areas that are only bonding 2 upstream channels. Is there the capacity available to do it properly with only 2 upstreams? But then there would be multiple packages, so I suppose it’s easier to have one tier with 20Mb upload (I’m excluding 200Mb Gamer as it’s not longer available to purchase, although some people will be on it).
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 22:54   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
Does make me wonder whether 20Mb upload should of been made available in areas that are only bonding 2 upstream channels.
Yes it should !

I was on 200 Gamer, now Im on 350/20 - Still only two upstreams

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 15:50   #20
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
With my Vivid 350 i can hit around 51mb/s downloads.

Agreed that Vivid 300/350 is only of value if you want to waste no time downloading big files. Today I managed 46.0 MB using a torrent. I downloaded 3.77GB in 2 mins 12 secs.

Have had speed tests at 400Mbs down speed, which translates to 50MBs.

Stay on 200Mb if you don't need more down speed. Until they provide more up speed on the upper tiers my advice won't change.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote