Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview after Virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview after Virgin

Old 23-10-2017, 21:16   #1
Rsv
Inactive

Rsv is an unknown quantity at this point
Freeview after Virgin

Hi, I've just moved into a house which previously had virgin media. This has now been disconnected, and the external aerial provides freeview signal to the aerial box in the living room, which is next to what I believe is the cable splitter (tesi 02n). I want to put in additional aerial points in the bedrooms, one of which already has a virgin box in it. In the loft, in addition to the live coax, there is a piece of cut coax coming up from the floor. Could this be connected to the virgin box in the bedroom, or does this use an alternative type of cable? If so, could i connect the coax to the piece coming from the external aerial, and use the virgin aerial box as a standard digital aerial? Thanks.
Rsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2017, 22:19   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview after Virgin

I suggest you get an aerial installer in to sort it out. You really don't want to risk connecting your aerial to the live Virgin network. Alternatively, if the Freeview signal is strong enough, just use internal aerials for the bedroom TVs.

ps. Welcome to the forum!
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 11:34   #3
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

I would not be using any VM cabling unless the drop line is disconnected from the cabinet at the Omni-box on the front wall. Connecting an aerial to a live VM network connection could swamp the local network with noise & upset all your neighbours connections. VM re-use the TV broadcast spectrum for their own services & the two should be kept apart at all costs.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 12:35   #4
Rsv
Inactive

Rsv is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, thanks for your help.
Rsv is offline   Reply With Quote